Chapter 33: Disguises and Deceit

From Livid to Loyal

 

Minho didn’t expect the other wolf to look up at him in surprise when it did. Didn’t expect it to snarl for a second before submitting and whimpering like it was terrified. Didn’t expect the feminine voice that came from it. He immediately backed off and whimpered an apology multiple times, it was a case of mistaken identity and he honestly felt bad for attacking a defenseless female none the less.

‘I am so sorry for attacking you miss.’ He whined again, looking like a scolded puppy, a pose foreign the large brown and black male.

The white wolf, the one who looked like a Therian, backed away a bit timidly and spoke softly. ‘I-it’s fine.’ But it wasn’t.

‘I thought you were someone else…I’m sorry. I am so freaking sorry. , I’m an idiot for even assuming they’d be here.’ He snorted.

‘It’s alright but… who are you talking about?’ She asked with a tilt of her white head.

Minho didn’t understand it, but it was only when he noticed the movement of her head that he paid attention to her face. Her eyes… His nostrils flared for a moment before he spoke again. ‘My vampire is missing, has been since lunch and I can’t find them. We were being harassed since a few days ago and I think something bad happened to them. They’re a little scaredy cat, and never wanders off away from their friends…’

‘Oh…well that’s unfortunate to hear, I hope you find him soon.’

‘Wait a minute… I never said my master was a male.On purpose of course. Minho became tense and his fur began to bristle. Something wasn’t right.

‘Well unless my ears deceive me… you are a male right?’

‘Yes. I am, what of it?’

‘Well, your master has to be male then. There is no other way around it.’

‘What’s that supposed to mean?’ He growled, not a threatening sound, but one of borderline offended curiosity.

‘Oh you didn’t know? You must be new here then. I can’t explain then, since you don’t already know this for yourself, but boys belong to boys here, and girls belong to girls. There is no way around it.’ She said matter-of-factly.

This made Minho whine in confusion and dramatically his head. Why such emphasis on those words? ‘What’s that supposed to-’

“Katerzinia! Kat? Are you out here again?!” Another female voice. Judging by the way the white female’s head perked up, Minho didn’t need much to assume that this was the wolf’s master. A soft bark was all it took for a pale face with long black hair to peep through. That wasn’t what caught Minho’s attention though. Her eyes were the creepiest he’d ever seen. But maybe it was a vampire thing. Her eyes were a muted white, clouded almost. She was blind.

‘Your master…she’s blind?’

‘Yep.’ The female named Katerzinia sighed.

‘And you just abandon her like that?! What kind of ‘protector’ are you?’ Minho growled softly, so the Vampire wouldn’t freak out.

‘Don’t judge me. You don’t know me Minho.’

His heart stopped for a moment. ‘How the -’ he started with a snarl. The voice he heard next made him stop.

“Oh there he is!” Taemin said with a happy yet worried smile, coming in after the blind vampire.

“He’s with Kat after all?” The female vampire asked.

 “Mhmm. He is… thank heaven. Minho what are you doing out here? Junsu and everyone else was worried about you.”

Minho couldn’t help the slight wag starting in the base of his tail as he heard and saw Taemin, but it was only slight. He went back to big gruff and ‘Mean-ho’ in a matter of seconds though, growling in slight irritation.

‘Do you know how ing worried I was about your clutzy, accident prone kidnap bait ? Do you? And you just waltz on in, like everything was okay? you Tae-” Once again Minho was cut off by a smack across the face with a walking stick.

“You watch your mouth.” The female vampire said with a scowl.

Taemin just stood there wide-eyed. “What did he say Reena?”

“He’s rude, that’s what. But he was worried sick about you.” She chimed with a smile.

Taemin’s cheeks flushed for a moment, his response unintelligible and stutter. He heard barks and growls coming from his werewolf and glanced over at Reena once more for a translation.

“That’s my ability you brute. Stop being so paranoid. There are other vampires who speak were-tongue too.” She scowled.

Something just didn’t sit right with Minho with that response and he felt the urge to leave and get Taemin out of there. So he shoved past, making sure to nudge hard against his vampire so he got the hint. Which he did.

“I’m sorry, but he obviously wants to go…Thanks for helping me out earlier though. I must have been more tired and I realized to have just passed out on the floor like that. Come sit with us at lunch tomorrow okay?” He grinned, gave a quick bow and took off after his werewolf. “Minho Wait!”

Once the two were gone, the tiny smile on the girls face died into a hard pressed frown. Her form melted into a cloud of black and she reappeared as an all black wolf with solid white eyes with no visible pupils. A snarl rose up as the wolf spoke.

You’re pathetically useless you know that right?’

The red and white wolf returned the aggression. ‘How the was I supposed to know that he was going to come out to the church?! And you! You didn’t finish the job like you were supposed to?’

No. didn’t you just hear the fledgling twit? He is inviting us to lunch. With all of the other fledglings. Why settle for one when we can work on all four in one sitting?’

‘Getting greedy as usual?’ The white wolf snorted.

‘No, I just know if we bring the others in to act like servant and master, we can do this successfully without raising an immediate alarm. You know how the vampires try killing each other anyways-’

‘Such a waste.’

‘Indeed it is, but, my theory is this. Get close to them and feed when they’re the most vulnerable. Make an example out of how stupid the vampires are and show the others how easy it is to get what you want without risking retaliation. The pale ones won’t know what hit them.’ The ebon pelted canine’s lips pulled back in a wolfish smirk before melting into a thick cloud of black and returning to the pale blind female state it was previously.

‘So you think we can pull this off?’

“There’s a reason why my abilities far surpass yours and the others. Doubt means you’ll be the one to go hungry.” There was a feminine chuckle as the Therian picked up the walking stick. “The fool didn’t even notice you lacked a collar. And he has the nerve to accuse me of being blind?” She scoffed. “Come Katerzinia it’s getting cold.”

Yes Master Reena.The wolf panted a laugh and wagged its tail before following the other Therian out.

-------------------

Posted: 12/20/2012

Hey everyone~ Updating this again (as promised) And because Laeylaa(Now 2minnieyah, you should check her suff out for srs)  is making me. She also came to visit me for the holidays so.... *flails* I so happeh TwT For my readers who have been reading my other stuffs.  THEY'RE GUNNA GET UPDATED BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD KGJFKSMOGDSOOFDKJFGOD Or...maybe after the world ends (For those that don't know, over here in America, many people are convinced the world will end tomorrow on december 21st, and it better not becauseyou know. I have gifts to give >.> I will be upset. EITHER WAY.  UH. YES. UPDATE. LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON YOUR THOUGHTS OF THIS CHAPTER. WHICH COUPLE WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO WRITE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER? I NEED OPINIONS. *coughs* See you all again soon.