Chapter 14: Open Doors and No Tresspassing

From Livid to Loyal

 

Jaejoong and Yunho were walking through the crowd of people to the east of the enclosed town, vampires steered clear of them as the duo walked through to their destination. Yunho walked besides Jaejoong with confidence oozing from him, while his master was the polar opposite. Jaejoong hated all the eyes on him being far too judgmental to him and the werewolf. Vampires that would have normally greeted him pleasantly gave him dirty and fearful looks. They purposely avoided him and spoke in hushed whispers, but he kept reminding himself mentally that they didn’t know better and that their ignorance wasn’t their fault.

Eventually the twosome made it to the outskirts of the busy central square and the amount of people they saw and encountered diminished greatly. It was at this point that Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief and cracked a small smile as they wandered through the crowded narrow pathway between the houses. It was as they maneuvered through the dense path that he felt the sudden urge to start up conversation.

“Yunnie did you know that no one lives in a majority of these houses?” He asked as he looked up at the dark windows before turning his attention to the werewolf walking bit ahead of him. The raven furred male stared up at him curiously with his piercing gray eyed stare before tilting his head with a soft whine; the only way he could engage in conversation at this point.

“Yup. Most of these houses are decoy houses. Most of our clan lives in the complex house in the back at any given time, but we do have a tendency to switch things up a bit. If there were any hints at someone going to attack us again, they would find all the houses around here empty and assume that we had long fled the area. But we would normally just hide out in the hours in the back. Not in it per say, but in the secret underground area beneath it.”

The werewolf tilted his head again and Jaejoong took it as him asking why they would need to hide or what was it that came after them.

“Well the creatures that decimated our numbers are still out there, and they’re unlike anything you would ever expect. I’ve personally never seen them, but some of the older vampires have and each of their stories seems a bit different. Some say it was a demon wolf, some claim it something entirely different. Oh. Yunnie you don’t mind waiting outside do you? I don’t think the owners would fancy having you in there because you would terrify the customers...Its not too much to ask is it?”

Jaejoong asked as he paused at the doorway. The alpha male responded by sitting down by the storefront and Jaejoong smiled, rubbing the top of his head and thanked him before going inside.

Before he went in he told Yunho it might be a little while since it was crowded inside, and Yunho found himself idly sitting in the snow, watching the downy flakes lackadaisically drifting gently to the giant blanket below him for what felt like twenty minutes. By now he was lying down and sighing boredly.

‘Somebody help! The vampires are going to kill my baby!’

Yunho’s head shot up as he heard a voice yell for help.

He stood and looked around anxiously when he heard it again, calling for him from the end of a pathway on his left.

‘You there! Please, please come quickly Help me save my pup!’

A pure white wolf with charcoal black eyes called for him. Yunho noticed that he couldn’t even make a distinction between the sclera, iris or pupil but his instinct to help a wolf in distress pushed that important bit of information back into his mind away from being processed as he wasted no time in bounding off to the wolf. Jaejoong would be fine in the store and knew how to find his friends. The moment he started running towards the wolf down the empty alleyway it took off, leading the male further away from the vampire.

After five minutes of running god knows where, Yunho found himself lost in the narrow maze of houses with the white wolf nowhere in sight.

‘Where are you?’ He howled.

‘Please help me.’The voice sobbed and suddenly he spotted the wolf pawing at one of the houses doors, nudging it open with its paw. ‘In here, they’re in here.’ It said before bolting into the house, letting the door swing open, and Yunho ran inside without a second thought.

-------------------

Posted: 5/30/2012

Hey everyone expect four updates from me today. I hope you like this chapter even IF it's short.  let me know your thoughts and feelings and what you think is happening or going to happen. I like to know what my readers think~ Anyways see you all soon :3