Chapter 34: Inquiries and Truth

From Livid to Loyal

 

Jonghyun was surprised to find out that his moody, vicious and whip-like tongued vampire master was of all things, a cuddler. And a damned cute one at that. He was happy that Kibum felt the same sentiments as he did n keeping their activities a secret from everyone else. The others wouldn't understand, but they both agreed they complimented each other well with no real strings attached and a  mutual need for physical gratification. Kibum liked when people begged him for attention, and it was in Jonghyun’s nature to be an attention and a jealous possessive male. Jonghyun himself loved being complimented and definitely loved having his ego . He also had a thing for those who played hard to get, and were witty. Kibum fit the bill. Sure sometimes the things he said hurt his feelings, but he always apologized away from the group. He had an image to hold up with the others since he was the oldest and just like the alpha male... so to speak. So Jonghyun understood far to well the situation...he just wished that Kibum would be a little gentler sometimes. With his words. Everything else? Everything else was fine rough. But, he liked it regardless. The personality may have been a small bit of a mask, but he had an honest heart, quicksilver tongue aside and that's why he could laugh it off. But this. This was starting to be his increasingly favorite thing about him. He always surprised him with different parts to his personality that he wouldn't normally expect, this was one of them. He looked far more harmless and defenseless while he was asleep, vulnerable did not come to mind when using words to describe the sassy vampire Kim Kibum. It was funny because they'd shared the same room for about two and a half weeks, and have shared bodies for almost that long, but this was the first time he didn't say 'Dogs aren't allowed on the bed. Off' and instead, snuggled up to Jonghyun with a smile and passed right out. Aside from the smug and proud feelings he felt in his ego that he tired the vampire out, he felt... accomplished, that this was actually allowed. Jonghyun liked sleeping in beds. But he wasn't tired just yet. He couldn't leave the room on his own, and it would be very odd if the others saw him without his collar. He couldn't put it back on himself, and he dare not cut short the beauty sleep the fledgling was getting. So he pulled the blanket up higher over the two of them, pulled Kibum closer and found it a lot easier to fall asleep than he first anticipated. He gave a small chuckle and murmured 

“I have blackmail now.” In a sleepy singsong voice before drifting off. No one would be able to get in because the door was locked. This was safe.

*~*~*

“So he just passed out like that? No reason whatsoever?” Jinki asked as he pulled up the elastic of his sweats over his hips. 

“Yep. I have no idea why either...” Yunho said with a frown that turned into a slight pout. “Do you think he might be sick or something? Thats the second time that he's done that since we got here.”

“Well actually it might be the blood. Something odd about it I think” Taemin interjected as he looked at his unconscious friend on the bed.

“But it could also be the stress of everything like he mentioned earlier. He does faint on occasion, and maybe he just needs to rest.” Said Junsu who sat on the floor giving Yoochun a belly rub good enough to have his tongue lull out of his mouth and his hind foot kick at the air like he had no sense.

“Yoochun. Control yourself.” Yunho laughed.

'Just because the scratching you got wasn't as pleasant as the one I'm getting, doesn't mean you have to be all grumpy about it.' He teased.

Changmin whined and nudged Taemin's hand with his nose, immediately going belly up and wagging his tail.

“Oh god... not you too.” Yunho groaned, pinching the  bridge of his nose and chuckling to himself as he shook his head. He noticed the confused look the vampire was giving them and he clarified “He wants you to give him a belly rub too.”

“Oh.” Taemin said in surprise and then laughed, sitting down to do just that. 

Minho found himself not liking that at all. Not one bit. He didn't understand how, and he didn't understand why, but he knew one thing and one thing only. Changmin was an attention . Playing all cute to get a belly rub from someone. Junsu had another free hand, why didn't he go to the vampire already giving one. 

Stupid runt.

“He's such a friendly wolf... oh! Speaking of. I ended up passing out in the hallway on the way to the bathroom earlier. Thats why I think something was wrong with the blood, except you know, Junsu was perfectly fine and he drank too. But thats besides the point right now. I made a friend today. She's a blind vampire that has the power to understand were-tongue.  She could understand Minho and her wolf as they spoke. It was so amazing you guys. She wants to have lunch with us tomorrow and I said it would be alright...she doesn't have many friends, and I think it could really benefit the group to have someone who could understand the wolves around when all of them have to stay in canine form, or Jinki's not around.”

Minho's fur began to bristle at the idea and he found himself growling without really meaning to. No one seemed to pay much mind to it, since Minho was just a natural grump, but Yunho, being the Alpha he was, paid attention to all the things going on in his pack, so he turned his attention to Minho.

“What's up?” He asked, taking a seat on the bed and scratching the itch that had begun to bother him on the back of his neck.

'There was something strange about the vampire and her wolf. I can't exactly place my finger on it, but everything about the pair just...screams off.'

'You think that about everyone Min.' Yoochun grumbled, laying on his side and watching the two wolves with interest.

'Her wolf looked like the white Therian. How can we be so sure that it wasn't? I mean for Christ's sake the vampire was blind. The only issue is that it didn't sound like a Therian. It sounded like a female.' He huffed and sat down. 'But there were just things that the wolf said that threw me off. She knew my name. She knew Taemin was a boy when all I'd said was that I lost my master. Then in comes Taemin and her master a few minutes after I nearly ripped her head off for mistaken identity... far too convenient if you ask me.'

'I think you're in a new environment, are under a lot of stress from all the bull we had to deal with today and from day one, so you're a little on edge...and that's putting it nice and lightly.' Yoochun snorted.

'And I think you need to keep your opinions to yourself when no one was addressing you in the first place lap dog.' Minho growled, baring his teeth.

Yunho gave him a light smack to his furry cheek, more to get the Brown and black faced wolf's eyes and attention back onto him. “Cut it out. Yoochun has a point, but there is a reason why he is a beta and I am an alpha. I can understand your concern, but we should meet this pair before we jump to any conclusions regardless. If things seem a little off, we will figure out what course of action we should take in regards to them.” He looked up at the vampires who had lost and confused expressions on their faces and he realized then that they'd only heard him talking. After a slightly embarrassed laugh he filled them in with the concerns and precautions that needed to be taken into consideration with strangers.

“And while making friends is a great part of building an alliance, you must always be on guard because you don't ever really know what someones true intentions are... especially given the circumstances of this school. When the semester begins, friends becomes enemies, and only a select few will survive to see graduation and make it into full adulthood. Please try to keep that in mind and choose your friends and associates wisely alright?”

Jinki found it funny that there was a collective sigh in the room from Yoochun, Yunho and Minho as they glanced over at their designated fledgling. It didn't seem like it yet, but the stakes were high. Everyones life was at stake; wolf and fledgling alike. Wolves would fight to the death to protect what was theirs, and vampires would kill to survive. But how far would they go if they needed to turn on their closest friends? It gave the omega a strong feeling of unease and his expression grew grim. 

“Let's not dwell on it so much alright?” He said with a small laugh. “We should all call it an early night and get some well needed rest. As for tomorrow I think it's safe to say that we will cross that bridge when we get there...right?”

A collective nod and sound of agreement came from the group and suddenly fatigue showed on everyones features. The omega sighed and hoped with all his being that tomorrow everyone would be able to relax.

That was a reasonable hope...right?

 

--------------------

Posted: 1/31/2012

Well I have no idea what happened so I'm reposting and hopefully it works right now 0.0' Sorry for such a long wait. College up all my time OTL