Chapter 31: Bad Blood and First Impressions

From Livid to Loyal

 

The wolves and vampires did not eat together, much to the dismay of the vampires.

“I wonder why Kibum isn’t here yet.” Taemin asked with a small pout.

“Well you know how he is. He’s probably showering and sleeping, not that I blame him…” Jaejoong said with a small sigh. “It’s been a rough day. But I have to go back to the room to feed Yunho so I won’t be staying here long.”

“Feed him?” Junsu and Taemin asked with raised brows.

“He isn’t allowed to shift until his wounds close remember?”

“Oh that’s right.” Junsu said with a nod before taking a bite out of his rare steak.

“Speaking of that…” Taemin started. “Are you okay? When I stepped into your room you were unconscious. What happened?”

“Oh…” Jaejoong blushed. “That…that was probably from hunger and just the stress of everything, you know? We had to say goodbye to dad and the clan while those things could be out there pursing what’s left of our already dwindled numbers.”

The raven’s two friends hummed in understanding. No one would really question it, he was actually very prone to fainting when overwhelmed, and while what he said wasn’t exactly a lie, he wasn’t about to tell them it was seeing his werewolf in all of his glory that sparked the fuse for his sudden black out. I wonder if Yunho knows... The thought made the fair skinned male’s cheeks flush as he played with his food and sipped from his baggie of blood.

 Taemin didn’t eat his steak. No he was saving that for Minho as a way of saying thank you for what he did today. He took a sip from the plastic, and made a face.

“This blood tastes funny…” His nose scrunched up.

Junsu cocked his head to the side. “Does it? Mine tastes fine. Here try some.” He offered the crimson haired boy a taste and Taemin pulled back immediately once the taste hit his tongue. “I think they gave me bad blood you guys.” Jaejoong’s brows shot up in shock. “Really? But this is from a blood bank…that’s impossible.”

“I’m telling you they… I’ll be right back, the taste is making me want to throw up.” His appearance evoked nausea and he excused himself.

Junsu and Jaejoong exchanged looks and shrugged. “It couldn’t be that bad, maybe it’s just delayed jitters. You know how he gets.” Junsu said dismissively and Jaejoong agreed.

“True… let me know if anything changes though. I need to get back to Yunho so I’ll see you later alright?”

“Alright, Bye Jae. Oh and if it’s possible can you go check up on Kibum and tell him although he may be fine without eating, it’s not fair that Jonghyun has to be cooped up in the room with him? He should at least come out so the poor wolf can eat something.”

Jaejoong nodded and with a plate of food in his hands he made his way back up to the dorms.

Meanwhile Taemin had collapsed in the hallway on his way to try and find the bathroom. The last thing he would remember seeing before losing his battle with unconsciousness is white furry paw by his face.

~

While the vampires were eating inside at dinner tables with silverware and napkins, the wolves were taken into some sort of feeding pen separating the twenty or so packs of wolves from one another by means of a gated fence. As of right now, the four wolves were slightly outnumbered by the bigger and older packs who immediately took notice of them.

Without Yunho around, his group, with the exception of Minho, felt very uneasy. There were comments about fresh meat and new pups to ragdoll around. Minho didn’t care. He was hungry, and he was the only alpha around in the group so he ate first. Everything was fine until someone in the pen next to theirs decided to play angry rabid guard dog and lunge at the fence to taunt and terrify Changmin, which was an easy job that had him scampering away into a corner, shaking and in a super submissive pose.

Minho didn’t like bullies. He may have been a prick and an in his own right, but he hated older and bigger wolves that terrorized younger ones. His alpha male instincts kicked in and suddenly he lunged and mauled the gate, snarling menacingly at the other harassing male. This resulted in them trying to get at one another through the chain links and soon everyone was watching the commotion between the wolves. Others from the males pen decided to jump at the fence to harass Minho and try and get at him while another group of wolves from the other pen on their right decided to start a commotion as well.

Here’s something to picture. Imagine one wolf rallying against one pack of wolves all on his own, while being heckled and taunted by another pack on the other side. The omega is staying out of it because the other wolves are dominant and then there is a beta male wolf who is terrified of strangers and is having an episode of panic that causes him to literally piss himself and then there is the  little understudy who was the unintentional source of it all. It was not the best of first impressions to make in an ironic dog-eat-dog world they were introduced.

Had Jonghyun or even Yunho been here things would have gone much better. So Minho decided to get creative and took a page from Yoochun’s book. When in doubt, piss it out. With that in mind he moved away from the fence, lifted his leg and began to insult the wolf that started everything by essentially marking him as Minho’s territory. That caused the peed on males pack to retreat from the gate and Minho smugly swished his tail at them as he went back to the trough to eat, thoroughly pleased with the turn of events. And yet he knew he had messed with older males that he wasn’t familiar with. Probably not the smartest thing to do at that point, but it made a statement that he was happy with.

‘Piss off and let me eat.’

 

----------------

Posted: 8/27/2012

Hi everybody.. I know this chapter isn't worth the wait but guess what? I'm a college student now and my updates...will be few and far between. However that being said, it gives me constant computer access which means I'll be able to write a bit MORE consistantly. Its possible to get 1 update a week or maybe 2 depending on my workload at school. =.= I'm so sorry about making you wait for a chapter thants not even...worth anything lol. On the plus side though I have 113 subscribers and I am absolutely. Blown. AWAY. I want to thank you all for sticking with me and leaving such positive comments, its really awesome that you guys like the story so much and I appreciate it <3 Thanks for reading and I'll see you all soon in the next update. WHICH by the way is what the teaser art was for, so if you were on livestream with me that day, you might know a certain scene that's about to go on~ So look forward to that.