Chapter 25: New Start

From Livid to Loyal

 

“That is the academy!” Taemin shouted in excitement as he looked at the large gothic structure off in the distance. Throughout the fifteen minute trip down the hill the fledglings bantered and debated on if the structure across the frigid waters was indeed the academy that they would be studying at. There was a small ferry that took them across and it was about another hour and a half trek through about of a foot of snowfall through a dense forest before they actually reached the outskirts. The building itself was massive and seemed almost like a castle town from where they stood. There was a large drawbridge in the front that they had to walk across before walking in, but the vampires all stopped, not crossing over. The fledglings, a bit confused stared at their clan members waiting for an explanation.

“Dad… why is no one moving?” Jaejoong asked.

“This is where we part ways son.”

Jaejoong’s eyes went wide and became glassy almost instantly. “W-what? What do you mean dad?”

“Only talent bound fledglings and their pets are allowed to go through the gates. You will have to let them know of your situation as to why you are ill-prepared and not wearing the uniforms they sent for you, but they’ll understand and give you everything you will need inside. We are supposed to wait 30 days before coming here, but your wolves already have a strong bond to you given the circumstances, so I’m afraid it’s going to be a lot earlier than anticipated. Plus at least here you will be safe from the Therians.”

“But what about you dad? What about the rest of you?”

“We will be fine Jaejoong. I promise, if anyone gets injured you can trust me to fix them up real quick. “Kibum’s mother said with a wink.

“We will rebuild. And when you finish your terms here at the academy, everything will be fine again. Your father is still very capable of leading the clan Jaejoong. Now go. All of you, survive, graduate, and come back better and stronger than you went in; you have the blessings of the clan with each of you.”

There were a few tears during the goodbyes, Junsu and Taemin’s goodbyes were the quickest, then Kibum and then Jaejoong, especially because he was the clan leader’s son.

“Yoochun wants to know why your goodbyes were so quick. He says Taemin seems like the emotional type so why isn’t he hugging everyone?” Yunho said as the dark gray, white and gold flecked wolf  sat to listen to their responses.

Junsu gave them a sad smile, looking down at his werewolf as he spoke. “Our parents are dead.”

Taemin nodded in agreement. “Jaejoong is related to most of them, and Key is the clan’s social butterfly so he got close with many of them.” Taemin and Junsu shared a look as they also mentally added and slept with most of the guys he’s hugging right now.

“Right, so our goodbyes would be the shortest for that reason, we don’t really know many of them”

The response shocked the wolves and some of them whined in sympathy.

“The pack sends their condolences, as do I.”

Taemin gave Yunho a sad, distant smile. “It’s fine. The reason the four of us are close is because we were raised by Jaejoong’s dad and Kibum’s mother essentially. But before you misunderstand, no those two aren’t together, they’re close friends with a deep understanding surrounding loss.” Yunho nodded and hummed in understanding. As the four fledglings and the werewolves made their way to the gates Jaejoong’s father suddenly shouted.

 “Jae when you come back expect to see a few brothers and sisters running about!”

His father’s words caught him off guard and had them all laughing, all except Jaejoong who became flustered and scolded his father. “You better not! Or mom will haunt you for eternity!” His dad’s deep laughter could be heard as the clan began to walk away from the school, and the fledglings, all buzzing with nervous energy stepped onto the wooden drawbridge, walking into the school’s grounds with anticipation and a throng of emotions surrounding them.

~

“Well that’s a shame.” A petite and curvy female vampire said with a small pout, her hair was fire red, and her eyes were a bright hazel. “But no worries! We will have new books, uniforms and schedules sent to your dorm rooms. Now if you’d please, follow me so I can show you to your homeroom teacher. She’s probably one of the coolest professors here at the school.”

“Mrs. Shim” Junsu started.

“Oh please don’t call me that!” The vampiress giggled. “Call me Alexandria.  You aren’t my students, and I even hate when my own students address me so formally. Ms. Alexandria is fine.” She chimed.

“Okay… Ms. Alexandria, Can you tell us if we will be dorming together?”

“Your homeroom Teacher should be able to tell you that, in fact, she should be in her office right now, so feel free to ask her questions to your heart’s content. Kyra! Open up! You’ve got some newbies here to get inducted.”

“It’s open Alex! You already know that.” A womanly and feminine voice said with a bit of a laugh. Alexandria opened up the door to let the vampires in and they all stared in slight awe at the burgundy haired vampire with hauntingly mesmerizing ice blue eyes that seemed to read each and every one of them as she paused to look at them.

“I’ll leave you four to it then, and go see how things are with your wolves okay? Have fun!” Alexandria said and shut the door behind her.

“Well then, please, take your seats.” Her gaze lingered on Jaejoong and  Taemin. It honestly made them nervous, and both of them blushed and gulped, averting her intense gaze. She laughed softly. “Sorry about that, you look a lot like my husband. Although your personalities are drastically different. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable.” She gave them both a sweet smile, not indicating who she was speaking to before putting on a slightly more business appropriate face. “Now, it has been brought to my attention that you’ve come in contact with Therians. Is that correct?”

They all nodded in response.

“Now none of the Therians bit you or harmed you in any way right?”

“One of the ones that attacked us, scratched my face, but it was no big deal, it’s already healed up.” Kibum stated with a shrug.

Kyra’s eyes went a bit wide. “Excuse me? Healed? Interesting…” She said as she examined Kibum’s face.

“Well regardless if it’s been ‘healed’ or not, I need you to make sure you get a plasma injection at the site of contact. Therian inflicted wounds can bring about adverse effects to vampires, especially talent bound fledglings. If not treated early enough, the vampire loses their talent, eventually goes insane and commits murder before suicide.” She spoke nonchalantly as if they were talking about the weather, and Kibum grew considerably pale at her words, touching his cheek with a shaky hand.

Smiling some she sifted through paperwork. “Now before we get to the questions, I need you to sign some forms about your wolves, their names, and their eye color, rank, you know things like that.” And she handed them each a few slips of paper before giving them pens.

“Where I’m from talent bound fledglings didn’t utilize werewolves for protection, but things are different up in the northern academies I suppose.”

They all looked at her a little confused at this information.

“Things changed drastically from when I was young.”

“How long have you been an adult vampire?”

“Well let’s see... I was turned when I was twenty so…”

“Wait… you were turned?” Kibum asked surprised.

“Yes.” She said with a smile. “And that should give you a clue as to just how old I really am.”

 

-----------

Posted: 6/7/2012

Ugh I am really... I don't like this chapter it doesn't make sense and it's really lacking *sighs* 

ANYWHO. THE SURPRISE. OMG RIGHT?  Did you expect that? Lol only those who have been long term readers will understand the OMG NO WAY moment. XD But yeah. thats the update for the day. Sorry for the bad quality OTL see you all soon~