Chapter 27: Back on Probation

From Livid to Loyal

 

After Yunho had gotten his shots, the female werewolf went into a closet that held a new set of collars for them to wear.

“So why do we need to have new ones put on?” Minho asked

“These have serials on here and are essentially used for tracking you if anything should happen, and there is a removable silver core on the front of it that allow you to shift without having to take the collar off, which, as you might already know is a lot more convenient than having to have the entire collar taken off.”

“So you’re one of us right? Why don’t you have one on?”

She held out her wrist. “After the first semester you get to have bracelets instead, and whether you have the silver core in it or not is up to your master.” She unfastened the metal box that had a depression in it that would normally hold a small silver sphere. “Since I have to deal with the new wolves and this is my actual job, I normally don’t have to have it and can freely turn into whichever form I want rather than being trapped in either form until the silver is moved far enough away.”

“That’s actually pretty cool.” Changmin said.

“You and Jinki don’t need to wear them though since you aren’t owned. However Changmin, you have a specific schedule to follow that will allow you to get the most out of your experience in choosing your calling.”

“Speaking of schedule.” Yunho asked.

“Yes?”

“When it comes to dorming… will it be all the wolves and vampires in one room?”

She glanced at Jonghyun for a moment and giggled. He tilted his head in minor confusion.

“Actually. No, Each fledgling only shares a room with their wolf.”

Jonghyun understood the look and his eyes went a little wide. “Really?”

She nodded. “Yup. Given the violent natures of the students and their pets, we like to keep the mortality rate as low as possible, since before when we had group dorms murders were committed while vampires and wolves were sleeping. This was a far better system.”

The males all got chills down their spines.

“Why is it that you guys allow stuff like this to happen?” Yoochun asked.

“It’s the vampire way, I personally wouldn’t know. But as a werewolf, we know only to protect what is ours even if it costs us our lives. That is our one and only real purpose here. Anything else that happens afterwards is just an added bonus or burden, depending on the situation.”

“So the school allows murders?”

“No not exactly, the freshman fledglings are safe for the first year, but once they figure out their talents, they are grouped off into different areas that are specifically designed to accommodate their specific needs. That’s when there is competition between the fledglings, much like there is between wolves of the same calling… especially two alphas…” She said this and looked between Minho and Yunho before continuing.  You’ll find out more at the lecture when your probation is over.”

“Wait what?” The wolves said in unison.

“We’re still on probation?” Jonghyun said bewildered.

“I thought that was over since we came to the school.” Yoochun huffed.

She shook her head. “No. You came to the school to be protected from the therians. Now that you’ll be registered in the school’s system you still need to wait the full 30 days regardless. The freshman semester doesn’t start yet, so there aren’t many around.”

The conversation was interrupted by Alexandria who entered after knocking softly. “How’s everything going?” she asked, keeping her eyes downcast into a few forms in her hand, obviously uncomfortable around the .

“Everything is going fine Alex, just telling them that they’re still on probation.”

“So we can’t turn human at all?” Jonghyun asked.

“While you wander the schools? No, you have to mandatory stay in wolf form. In the dorm room behind closed doors? That’s between you and your master.” She gave him a quick wink before continuing.

“Yunho since you need to stay human you can let the vampires know if they’re curious to see the males human forms, they can take the collars off when they feel ready enough. But as for the rest of you, I need you all to shift so I can get the collars on.”

“And I will be getting you all set up in the dorms before your masters get there. I have the room numbers here.” She waved the paper, making sure to avoid looking in their direction.

With a collection of sighs the wolves shifted back into their furry forms and waited to be collared.

Alexandria looked around for Jinki and Changmin but she couldn’t tell who was who, so with a sigh she spoke to them all. “Jinki and Changmin will be sharing a room, I hope that’s not an issue.” She said looking around at them.
“Gosh you’re all so big.

‘That’s what she said.’ Yoochun said with a chuckle.

“Yes, that is what she said.” The female werewolf teased. “Thank you captain obvious.” She laughed, getting a few laughs from the wolves as well.

‘Whatever, she walked into it.’ Yoochun growled.

‘Oh you mean like how you walked into that tree earlier?’ Jonghyun jeered, garnering laughs from all the males, with the exception of Yoochun.

‘Screw you all. I’m so glad I don’t have to room with you s.’ He huffed.

‘Aww don’t be that way Yoochun.’ Jinki said, nudging against him. ‘We’re all just having fun.’

‘At my expense? Gee thanks. I feel the fun exuding from my pores.’ Yoochun growled flatly.

“Alright pups, stop bickering and follow the pretty vampire to your rooms. I’ll be seeing you again before the probation is up alright?”

They vocalized in understanding, and followed Alexandria out.

“Oh and Yunho.” She started.

“Yes?”

“Whatever you do. Do not Shift until the wounds seal. That means you aren’t allowed to leave the room under any circumstances alright?”

He blinked a bit surprised at her and sighed. “Doctor’s orders?”

“If you like living.” She grinned.

“Alright then. Thanks for everything.”

‘Why are all the attractive ones gay?’ Yoochun asked.

“You’ll be asking yourself that question soon enough.” She said once the door shut, chuckling to herself.

 

------------

Posted: 6/9/2012

Hello everyone~ Sorry this chapter is boring. I think the next one is going to be a long one so hopefully you'll all forgive me after that, uhm I've had a few people tell me that they're a bit confused or that they have questions so ask me your questions in the comment section and I will respond back to you in the comments section. Sound fair? I hope so. Anywho I'll see you guys all again soon right? Once again, uploading last minute OTL