Chapter Six: Subliminal Sixth Sense

From Livid to Loyal

 

‘Can someone please explain to me what just happened?’ Yoochun asked turning to Jonghyun with a tilt of his head.

‘Bull. Plain and simple.’

‘Ah… I guess that’s- Changmin! Don’t eat his food!’ Yoochun nearly barked as he saw the youngster devour what was in Minho’s dish.  His head immediately shot up and he pressed his ears back, his maw before he spoke

‘What?! I eat when I’m nervous.’ He whined, stealing a few more bites before backing off entirely. ‘I’ve never seen Yunho that mad before. And then the blood and seeing Minho dragged off like that… I’m not going to lie, I really want to go back home right now. And I think I’m almost positive that being an alpha is not something I see myself doing. Ever.’ He said affirmatively.

Jonghyun pawed at the other wolfs head playfully. ‘Oh it up. You don’t see Yoochun and I freaking out about it do you? Hell even Jinki wasn’t the least bit freaked out about the situation. You have a long way to go if being in this type of situation scares you on this level. This is just normal confrontation. Apparently even the vampires knew that as well since they didn’t react immediately.’

Changmin whined some. ‘Yeah well it’s a lot for me to handle on the first day you know. I wasn’t exactly exposed to this all my life like you guys were. You were all born knowing where you’d stand. I’m the one who has to make a choice.

‘It’s not so much a choice Changmin. Not really. You’re what I like to call a late bloomer.’

‘You mean like how I called you when I figured out you hadn’t lost your ity yet?’

‘Jonghyun shut up! I ended up losing it anyways you know.’ Yoochun growled with a minimal threat to his tone.

‘Yeah just barely.’ Jonghyun’s tail wagged in a playful manner.

Anyways!’ Yoochun said cutting him off and bringing Changmin’s attention back to him. ‘You still need to do your best to learn from everyone. You need to find out what it is you’re good at. And most of all don’t be scared.  You’re already big enough as it is and you’re not even fully grown yet to be acting like a scared pup.’

‘Yeah well neither are you guys. You’ll be at least five inches taller when you’re an adult.’

‘True, but you’re still two years younger than us, you have that much extra time to go, and you’re already almost my height. I give it a year before you’re as tall as Yunho. I’m betting your calling ends up being an alpha. You’d be menacing as hell with your sheer size alone. Even if you are as dangerous as a newborn bunny.’

Changmin pressed his ears back and growled slightly before realizing that Junsu sat on one of the dining chairs watching them interact in slight awe and curiosity. He heard soft whines squeaks and growls coming from them, and even noticed slight facial expressions on their faces as they conversed with one another. His heart stopped for a moment when he noticed all three pairs of eyes were on him, staring at him a bit curiously.

‘He’s too attractive to be a boy.’ Yoochun said with a slight snort.

‘You’re attracted to a male vampire Yoochun?’ Changmin asked with a high pitch whine, his ears perking up in slight alarm.

‘No. But they’re all very attractive if you look at them long enough. Regardless of their species. It’s a general statement Changmin jeeze.’

Jonghyun nudge himself into Yoochun as he stood. ‘Yeah right, I’m sure it’s a very general statement. It doesn’t help your case when you said earlier you had dirty thoughts about them moments after we met them.’

Yoochun rocked forward and pushed back into his pack mate. ‘It was an honest mistake! What male you know look that pretty? No one we know.’

‘Except Kai.’ Jonghyun added.

‘Oh yeah. Except Kai. But he’s pretty buff and masculine considering.’

‘Yeah but it’s the face. It’s sort of feminine. Actually, he kind of looks like Taemin.’

‘Yes!” Yoochun yipped, startling Junsu who was a little on edge. He leaned forward, elbows on his knees and head in his hands as he watched them interact.

I wonder what they’re talking about…He thought as he watched still mesmerized at the creatures themselves.

‘I was thinking the same exact thing Jonghyun. Taemin does look like Kai. But he’s way too dramatic and sensitive.’

‘You guys.’ Changmin growled. ‘You two are starting to freak me out, and you’re sounding like some of the women back at home, gossiping and whatnot. Cut it out.’ He finished off with a whine.

“Uh… sorry to interrupt you guys.” Junsu said suddenly, getting their attention immediately. “But I want to go check up on the others. I can’t just leave you guys here. Do you mind coming with me to Jae’s room?” He asked a bit nervous, given everything that he saw today and he wasn’t sure if talking to them and asking them to do something would start an attack.

The wolves all stood up and waited for Junsu to move, chuckling at the breath of relief he released when he realized they listened. “Thank you.” He said softly and began to lead the way through the house to his friends room.

‘What male of any species you know has an like that? I’m telling you God accidently gave him a .’ Yoochun said as they trailed behind the vampire.

‘Yoochun!’ Changmin growled loudly at his friends remark.

‘What?! It’s not like he can understand me.’

‘It doesn’t matter.’ The younger wolf growled, causing Jonghyun to pant in laughter. 

'I swear my sixth sense is going off on you eventually having a thing for your master.'

'Whatever Jonghyun.'

 

-------------------

Posted: 5/23/2012

A lighthearted chapter giving attention to some of the neglected characters. everything's been so serious and intense in the other chapters that I felt this little tidbit of sideline was necessary. I might update yet again tonight. See you all in the next update~