Chapter 3: Three Strikes and You're Out.

From Livid to Loyal

 

Things didn’t go as smoothly as they were supposed to, and that was given the fact that trouble was already expected to an extreme degree. Everything was fine, and everyone was calm until a young vampire’s ball accidently hit the outsider. Then, everything went to . It was already a delicate and difficult process as it was, and suddenly as if a switch was flicked on or something inside the unpredictable wolf finally snapped, but he reared up almost  in a similar fashion to a horse and charged, snarling and growling, tugging on the lead with such force that the other wolves were tripped to the ground and dragged as he chased after the frightened child who was like a deer in the headlights.

Jinki, being the omega that he was blocked the child, having been the only one off the lead, and not in a shocked stupor. The outsider hesitated, waiting for him to move, and when he didn’t, the other wolf charged, pushing into the omega with all his weight and bringing him down to the ground while scratching at him aggressively because he was still muzzled. He immediately submitted to the obviously more dominant wolf, and was trampled on as he bounded over to close the distance between him and the child. Before he could swipe at the boy, Yunho pounced on him, snarling menacingly. It was pent up anger from being in this situation, and for someone defying him.

The two had an intense dominance battle with one another, snarling, biting and scratching from Yunho, while scratching from the muzzled troublemaker. The lead was getting tangled from all the rolling around and Yunho found himself tangled in the chains. Seeing this, the brown wolf separated himself and took off after the nearest vampire in sight, which was a female who was holding the little boy that started it all on accident. Before he could even lunge, he was hit with a dart which quickly injected him with a deadly amount of silver, ending his life and the chaos almost immediately. Like Jinki said, no second chances. And to the other wolves that got any ideas, he was made to be an example of. That they too could end up like this. Jinki sighed as he got up, feeling utterly disappointed with the situation and wondering what their fate would be. There was tension and confusion between the tangled up mass of wolves, three of which didn’t know what to do with themselves, except get dragged along as Yunho tried to untangle everything, which eventually made it worse. The humans approached the alpha cautiously, who was still on edge and obviously irritated.

‘Yunho relax. Relax or you’ll end up like him. All they want to do is untangle you. They mean you no harm. You didn’t do anything wrong and neither did they. Please let them untangle the chains.’ Jinki whimpered, keeping low to the ground as he spoke to his alpha, who in turn listened, and although still tense, let the humans approach, disconnecting him from the harness.

Seeing their leader handle the situation calmly, Jonghyun allowed them to do the same, but Yoochun growled, out of his nervous habit when around strangers, stopping immediately when Yunho snapped at him. Once all the wolves were disconnected, including the dead outsider whose name they never knew, and whose name they would never know they were re-connected to the lead the dead one excluded, and were led through the enclosed city. Listening to the humans, they found out that they would be needing a replacement wolf to make up for the dumb one that threw his life away. They left his body in the middle of the pathway for the residents to deal with however they saw fit and made their way to some sort of enclosure. Each wolf was released into a small gated area, similar to those in animal shelters. They would not be able to be dropped off until they had the replacement so they would be held here until one arrived. From what they heard, things like this were so common that the enclosure was built for that purpose.

‘That was the dumbest thing I have ever witnessed in my life. The stupid idiot threw his life away for what?! A stupid ball barely touching him? The was his issue.’ Yoochun growled to the others.

‘It was too much for him to handle obviously. Jinki wasn’t kidding, the urge to kill is strong. The smell of them is everywhere. It’s hard to keep myself from shaking in frustration. I’m pretty sure that could have been any one of us if something like that happened. Not to mention he was bound the entire time, wasn’t fed, was definitely dehydrated, and irritated from the get go. I honestly wasn’t surprised. But wow he was strong; He knocked us all to our asses.’ It was Jonghyun who responded.

‘And then he had the balls to go up against Yunho.’ Yoochun added.

‘I think he knew what he was doing, and used the ball hitting him as an excuse. I think he was in that ‘I would rather die than serve a bloodsucking bastard.’ Mindset. This happens a lot. I just wish it could have been prevented. The death was needless.’

They grunted in agreement to the Omega’s words.

Changmin had stayed quiet throughout the conversation and Yunho turned his attention to the understudy. ‘Did you learn anything from that experience Changmin?’

‘Not really. Yoochun was on my head most of the time, so I missed most of it, but it did scare the life out of me. Suddenly, I don’t have the need to rip out their throats. Not after seeing how quickly that wolf was killed.’

‘How long do you think it’s going to take to get a replacement?’ Yoochun asked.

‘Probably three days.’ Jonghyun answered.

‘Or not.’ Changmin said as another muzzled wolf was led into a nearby pen.

‘Didn’t he just die?’ Yoochun asked in disbelief.

‘No look, his legs are all black like his face and he has a patch of light brown on his back, by his shoulders. The other one was only black in the face and a dark brown everywhere else. Although… they do have a striking resemblance to one another.’ Changmin said immediately.

‘And attitude.’ Jonghyun added, as the wolf promptly sat on the snow covered ground, making the human drag him across to the cages. He was defiant just like the last one.

‘I wonder if they’re related.’ Yoochun said with a tilt of his head. They put him into one of the pens opposite of the other five and left him there. It was twenty minutes before Yoochun, who was directly across from him spoke first.

‘So, I’m Yoochun. What’s your name?’ Once again audible groans from everyone.

‘The muzzle Yoochun. Remember there is a muzzle on him.’ Jinki said with a heavy sigh.

‘Right , right. I keep forgetting.’

‘I don’t even see how that’s even possible; it’s a tan muzzle around his face. Obviously it’s not a fashion trend.’ Jonghyun teased.

‘Whatever man. I’ll do the introductions this time since I’m the one in front of him. And I’m the one in the middle.’

‘Not that being in the middle is relevant, but alright.’

After the introductions, the wolf tried to say something, but it came out muffled.

‘Wow, this one actually tries to be civil and speak.’ Yunho said with a snort.

That caused him to growl, obviously offended by what was said.

‘I guess you were wrong.’ Yoochun chuckled.

‘Exactly why I said tries. They have him muzzled for a reason. Word to the wise stranger, you best keep yourself in line; otherwise you’ll end up like the last wolf, pumped full of silver and dead. Very, very dead.

Another growl of defiance and irritation from the replacement. Who then turned away from everyone and laid down, ignoring them and basically flipping them off. Especially Yunho.

Not much was said afterwards, but soon, they were lined up and placed in the same exact order. Luckily, this time, it ended without much of an incident. The replacement gave them trouble, but it was small scaled and he was surprisingly well mannered in comparison to the other outsider. So well-mannered in fact that once they reached one of the living complexes, which all were apparently large conjoined manors all along the northernmost wall, they took the muzzle off of him.

‘At least this one isn’t as stupid.’ Yunho said a bit amused.

‘ you.’ The stranger growled.

‘What a fine choice of first words.’ Yunho laughed.

‘What’s your name?’ Yoochun interjected. His curiosity getting the better of his manners.

‘None of your damned business.’ He snarled, immediately being silenced by the muzzle that found its way back on him. He was being too aggressive. Yunho found this hilarious and laughed at his folly.

‘Didn’t your mother ever teach you how to play nice?’ He spoke not expecting a response. ‘Yeah, that’s what I thought.’ He jeered when none was given.

They were led inside moments later through the main entrance. Four vampires were standing there waiting, all with terrified expressions on their face.

‘Well aren’t they pretty.’ Yoochun stated. ‘Aren’t we supposed to be paired up with boys though?’

‘Those are boys.’ Jonghyun said flatly.

‘Then heaven forgive me for the thoughts that have just crossed my mind.’

‘That’s gross man. Really gross.’ Changmin stated with a whine.

‘No shame in my game.’

‘Until one of them approaches you and you suddenly start freaking out because you don’t know them.’ Yunho added with a chuckle.

‘I wonder who you guys are getting.’ Changmin asked paying attention to both conversations that were going on between the wolves and the humans and vampires.

‘We’ll find out right now.’ Jinki interjected as the attention was turned to a man with a clipboard.

“Lee Taemin? The one with the muzzle is yours. I suggest you keep that on him until he learns how to behave. The one you originally requested was terminated for clearly being unfit for the job. Best of luck to you with this one. Kim Kibum you get that one right there.” The man said pointing to Jonghyun. “Kim Jaejoong you get the black one right there.” He pointed to Yunho. “And Kim Junsu, you get that one there. The one with the gold patches.” He motioned towards Yoochun.

“Now these collars you have must be put around them and never taken off until their probation period is over in a month. No exceptions.”

“What are their names?” The pale skinned, full lipped vampire with dark short hair asked.

“I was getting to that now Mr. Kibum.” The man said before continuing. “Your wolf’s name is Jonghyun, Jaejoong’s is Yunho, Junsu’s is Yoochun, and Taemin, originally yours was Jaehyun, but this one’s name is Minho.”

‘So that’s your name.’ Yoochun said to the wolf next to him, who this entire time was growling menacingly before paying attention to the human talking to all of them, clearly aware that they weren’t animals and were capable of understanding human speech in this form.

“As I stated earlier, you have to keep the collars on them at all times. Do not, and I repeat do not remove them until a months’ time. Understand? We are not responsible for anything that happens if you do. And neither are the wolves.”

They all nodded in agreement. “Good, now place the collars on, and we will be on our way.”

Slowly and cautiously they made their way over to the canines. Kibum was the first one to place the collar around his, obviously the bravest of the group. Then was Junsu and Jaejoong who did the same, which left a trembling and terrified Taemin, who couldn’t seem to get close enough before a loud growl ripped through the air, deterring him.

“Tae baby the damned thing is muzzled. He can’t do to you. Just put the collar on. I have to do today.”

Being startled by his friend, he quickly slipped it on after squeaking in fear a few times as the wolf thrashed about rebelliously, retreating after he was done.

“See? Was that so hard?” Kibum said flatly.

“You have no freaking idea Key. Yours just sat there. Did you see mine?!”

“You show too much fear that’s why.” Kibum boasted. “You have to show them whose boss. That you’re in charge and that you will take no bull.” He got close to Jonghyun’s face and pointed at him, as if he was going to scold him.

‘Well would you look at this son of a .’ Yoochun said amused. ‘He’s lucky he didn’t get Yunho, or his face would be ripped off at this ery.’

‘You’re probably right that I would, but he is clearly the alpha of his group and I can understand where he is coming from. Not that it would change the outcome for his face, but still I would rip it to pieces in sheer understanding.’ There was laughter amongst the wolves.

“So these two. What are they here for?” Junsu asked, backing up slightly from Yoochun who growled a bit at his closeness, out of habit of course.

“This here is Jinki, you have nothing to worry about with him. He’s the peacekeeper of the group; I suggest you keep him with Taemin to make sure Minho doesn’t get any dangerous ideas of his own. That one right there is Changmin, and he’s an understudy, basically trying to figure out what part of the pack he best fits, it won’t be odd for him to trail one of the wolves to observe and learn what they do, but he’s not much of a threat either. However he does need to also have a collar, but we will leave him with the harness since he isn’t owned.”

“What about Jinki?” Jaejoong asked. “Won’t he need one too?”

“No, he’s as harmless as a puppy. He’s used to vampires and is completely desensitized to your scents.”

“Why do they need collars anyways?” Junsu asked.

“To keep us in one form.” It was a semi-deep male voice no one had heard before. No one but the wolves at least. It was Jinki, he was now in his human form. And he was and covering himself. The vampires all screamed and shielded their eyes.

“What the man?! Where the hell are your clothes?!” Kibum screeched. One of the humans handed Jinki a jacket to wrap around his waist.

“Sorry.” He said with an embarrassed chuckle.

“Sorry doesn’t make me want to wash my eyes out with acid any less!” The volatile Kibum hissed.

There was a ruckus between the wolves and Yoochun . ‘Way to make an impression Jinki.’

“Oh shut your face Yoochun.” He said with a laugh.

“Wait… you can understand them?” It was the shy Taemin who asked this question. “They talk to you?”

‘No Sherlock. We all can talk. What did you think we just stare at each other like es all day hoping someone has the ability to read our minds and figure out what’s on ours?’

Jinki ignored Yoochun and answered the younger boy’s question. “Yes.” He said with a smile. “We are werewolves after all. And they can understand everything you’re saying as well.”

Taemin looked at them nervously.  “H-hello everyone.” He said and was startled by the vocalized responses he got in return.

“They all say hello back.”

‘Funny I didn’t know calling someone a was a greeting. What country does that?’ Yoochun teased.

Jinki just rolled his eyes. “Either way, the collars are meant to keep us in one form. Although both forms are equally dangerous, we are way more lethal as wolves, but are way more useless if you lock us in a room with a doorknob. Or tie our limbs together, or in Minho’s case. Muzzle us. That’s why keeping them in their current form is beneficial for everyone’s safety, at least until a routine and some sort of trust is built. I grew up with everyone except for Minho, so I can tell you that everything with them will be fine as long as Yunho tells them to behave. Minho however, none of us know. So I will do everything I can to help keep him from killing Taemin.” He smiled as he said this and suddenly morphed back to his canine form.

“Great… thanks.” Taemin muttered and puffed his cheeks. “Isn’t it my luck to get stuck with the wildcard.”

“Wait so Jae gets the leader? No fair! I want him. Let’s switch Jae.”

“It doesn’t work that way Key. Plus if he’s the one in charge what makes you think I want to give up his protection. No thanks. I’m fine with this.”

“Well if there aren’t any more questions, and everyone is set, we will be on our way. Ask Jinki for anything else, and make sure you at least have a pair of pants on hand if you ever need him to be in his human form. Werewolves have no issues with being . Good luck and enjoy yourselves when you go to school.” The humans then began releasing them all from their harnesses with the exception of Changmin and left.

Really? How freaking barbaric.” Kibum said as he scrunched his nose up. “Well come on then. Jonghyun. I guess I should show you where it is that I live. You guys should do the same.” He suggested and once he began leaving, Jonghyun began to follow.

‘See you guys at dinnertime maybe.’

‘Later.’ Yoochun called out, before following Junsu.

‘Minho, do your best to not give Taemin any problems. Fledglings can snap you like a toothpick if they’re panicked enough. It’s a proven fact.’ He and Changmin moved with Jaejoong, leaving Taemin alone and scared with Minho and Jinki.

“O-Okay then… c’mon…please.” He said with a slight squeak. Minho just sat there and growled. Jinki approached him.

 ‘You can either walk with your pride intact, or I can shift and carry you like a little baby. You have a choice. Make the right one.’ He said with a laugh and moved next to Taemin. Minho growled, but pride won over his defiance and he got up, walking towards Taemin, who was not too keen on being close to him, and sped walked in the direction to his living quarters, with the two wolves trailing behind.

If these lapdogs and bloodsuckers think for a second that I am going to be an obedient little pup, they have another thing coming. I swear once the muzzle comes off, I am going to kill every last one of these bastards and enjoy every minute of it.Minho growled to himself as he plotted on how to best deal with the situation when he could.

 

-------------------

Posted: 5/22/2012

Three chapters in less than 12 hours. I am thoroughly pleased with myself right now. Things should be getting interesting now that everyones met~ Uhm. I don't know if I will update again today. But I hope you like it. I really do. But I'm glad to have 20 subscribers and nearly 300 views already~ its pretty exciting. Does that mean you guys like it? I hope so. Also. I have over 200 subscribers total now O.o So that means lucky number 200 gets a cameo appearance in this story. Unless they subscribed to another one, in which case, my 20th subscriber here gets a cameo as either a vampire or wolf. Wouldn't that be exciting if I did that with every 10th subscriber to the story? I think so. Let me know what you think about that. ANYWHO. I ramble, see you in the next update <3 thanks for reading as always =D