Into His Comforting Arms

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

Dedicated to one of my best buddies! Love you guuurl (; SO GUYS. SORRY IF THIS IS GETTING TOO DRAMATIC FOR YOU…PLEASE, MESSAGE OR COMMENT TO ME IF YOU WANT ME TO MAKE IT LESS DRAMATIC…ALSO, IT WONT ALL BE LIKE THIS… IM SORT OF TRYING TO CHRACTER DEVELOP AND INTRODUCE BACKSTORIES, BUT I’LL GET TO THE…GOOD STUFF..? LATER (: AGAIN, GOMAPSEUMNIDA, AND SARANGHAEYO!!!

He looks at you, smiles and you sit in perfect silence for almost an hour. The silence isn’t awkward…it’s perfect. In a way, it felt more right than anything that day. You sigh, free of stress, until he finally speaks. “_______, thank you so much…I really appreciate everything.” You smile weakly at him, and nod. He stands up, and says, “I really should go now, but again, thank you. And remember your promise.” You turn to him, nod again, and say, “I’ll see you tomorrow, Chanyeol.” As you two walk to the door, he whirls around one more time, and gives you another hug. You stand, frozen, and watch him leave.

“Mom?” you call out, wondering where she’d gone. You walk to her room, and see her lying on the bed. “Mom…? Are you okay?” No response. “MOM!?” You notice a trail of blood on the floor, and see a place where your mom, obviously under the influence of alcohol, hit her head. “MOM!? MOM, WAKE UP…” you scream uselessly. Quickly dialing an ambulance, you wait for them in absolute terror. You feel as if 5 minutes had never been so long. Is this a sign we shouldn’t have moved? My mom used to be so strong… you think to yourself.

Sobbing, you run to the door as the ambulance arrives. You watch as they carry your mom out on a stretcher. Everything around you seems in a blur, and you hurl yourself into the ambulance with her. Still in a state of confusion and blurriness, you ride in the ambulance, barely seeing or hearing anything.  After what seems like forever, you reach the hospital, still not seeing anything. You get shooed out of the ambulance, and follow the doctor’s and your mom meekly but terrified. Finally in the hospital room, the doctors tell you to wait outside.

You let it all out. Screaming and crying, you beat the back of the chair in front of you. You yell, you cry, you want to shut the whole world out. You carry this on for about an hour and a half, until you feel a soft hand on your shoulder. Red eyed and tearstained, your face turns towards a familiar face. “__________...what’s wrong? Are you…can I help…?” Baekhyun’s concerned face is just inches from your own.  Still sobbing, you stare into his brown eyes. You can’t work up the nerve to talk, and just nod. He sits down right next to you, and instantly, you feel better. He leans over to you, and whispers, “shhh…it’ll be okay _________. Cry all you want…I’ll be here if you want to talk.” All you can choke out is a meek, “thank you….” He sees the pain in your eyes, and sighs. He holds your hand and it with his thumb. You look down at you and Baekhyun’s hand, and turn towards him. You hold out your arms, and pull him into a long hug. You sob into his chest, and he just sits there, holding you patiently for fifteen minutes while you cry and cry, shush-ing softly into your ear.

Regaining some of your composure, you eventually pull away, much to your dismay. “I’m…sorry…” you manage, still a little choked up. “Don’t worry about it…Umm, if you want to talk about it… What’s wrong?” He looks at you, cautiously, trying not to make you hurt anymore. “I um…my mom…she was drunk, and fell and hit her head really hard…and she wasn’t like…responding…and I don’t know what happened…I can’t lose my mom too…Without mom and dad, what’ll I do, Bacon? Who will I be? I’ll have no one.” You’re on the verge of another breakdown, so you look down at your hands again, remembering what Bacon’s hand felt like linked with yours. He looks at you, silently for a few moments, seemingly surprised that you have no dad. He looks at you for a while, until eventually he whispers, “you’ll always have me.” You manage a real smile, struck by his kindness. He seems so perfect to you. He’s sweet, kind, caring, comforting, and sweet. You think back to the very beginning of the day, where you bumped into the god you now know as Kai… You wonder slightly about all these coincidences… It’s common to have them all in your classes since your day is basically split in two. But Chanyeol’s mom being your mom’s old friend? Bacon being here? Suspicious. Wait… why is Bacon here…? “Um, Bacon…why are you here? NOT THAT I DON’T WANT YOU TO BE. I NEED SOMEONE HERE WITH ME NOW, BUT I was just…wondering.” Bacon smiles his sweet smile at you. “My father works here…I think he’s in that room right now,” gesturing towards the room your mom was currently occupying. “I was just gonna bring him dinner.” He holds up a bag of fried chicken. You sigh, hoping that his dad was a hell of a good doctor. “Bacon…thank you.” You choke out. Bacon looks at your expression, and hugs you again. You forget the smell of cleaner, the dull colorless waiting room, the greenish light illuminating the room, the uncomfortable chair you’ve been sitting in the for the past few hours, and hang on to Baekhyun as hard you can. You know after 5 more minutes of this, you won’t be the reason you pull away from the comforting, strong arms you feel so safe in.