Time for Truth

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

You wake up, head on Kai's chest, holding his hand. You're pretty disappointed that the whole ordeal hadn't just been some horrible dream. You survey the room again, and you manage to take everything in better than you had earlier. All of EXO, except Kai of course, sit on the other side of the spacious hospital room. They're reading magazines, snacking on some different stuff from the cafeteria, and playing some stupid games on their phones.

"_______-ah, you're awake!" Chanyeol exclaims. 

"Yeah, uh how long was I out?" You're concerned you'd been sleeping for like 100 years; and because you had been so tired when you'd fallen asleep, you wouldn't doubt it.

"Oh about three hours," said D.O pleasantly. "We've just been waiting for Kai to wake up. You should go get some food, okay?" The boys are always so kind to you...well except Sehun he's just usually a pain in the---

"_____, I'll go down to the cafeteria with you," Sehun says softly. Wow speak of  the devil...Well since he's not even being mean or anything, you consider it. You look hestitantly at Kai, and Suho chuckles.

"There's nothing we can do right now, ____-ah, and starving yourself won't help. Go get some food, and you can come back up. We'll call if anything happens." You decide that he's right, and you walk with Sehun downstairs to the hospital cafeteria.

"______-ah, I know this is a hard time for you. Trust me, it's hard for me too. Brings back lots of bad memories, huh...? I hate hospitals. But I really love my hyung, so I'll be here until he wakes up," Sehun says earnestly. You give him a small smile, all his words taking what seems like a lifetime for you to process.

"Thanks, Sehun. For letting me come, and...yeah," you trail of lamely.

"Yeah, no problem," he says. "Well since we're both going a little crazy right now, can I tell you something crazy?"

"Yeah," you say wondering what the heck he could want to say.

"Well I'm really sorry for being so rude to you. Kai once told me when I care, I'm a bastard and that's true. And if I'm gonna be painfully honest with you, I care about you. You see, this is weird, but you kind of remind me of my mom. I don't know why, but it's like a type of energy you seem to radiate. Yeah I'm a freak, but I just feel like you're how like...my unborn little sister would have been." He looks determined not to cry.

"I mean you're kind, well to everyone but me, but I deserve it. You're pretty, yeah don't make me repeat that. My mom had an attitude that made everyone in the world love her, and I think my little sister would have been like my mom. Everyone in the world thinks I have a huge crush on you, and no offense but I don't. I just...I love the idea of you. I KNOW, I sound like a freak. But I've lived so much of my life wondering what it'd be like if my little sister was still here, and the moment I saw you and heard your spunky, sassy, behavior, I knew. I was mean to you because I'm a jerk. I can't explain why, but I never hated you. I never thought you were a bad person or anything. I was just a jerk and the fault was entirely mine."

You don't really know how to respond to this, but you're touched. You're not as weirded out as he thinks you are. You really are touched that you could be such a great person that you reminded him of a person he loves so much, and a person who he really wanted to get the chance to love. You knew if something like that ever happened to you, if you met a guy that reminded you of your appa, well you knew you'd feel the same way as Sehun. Well maybe you wouldnt be as much of a jerk about it, but you'd feel really confused too.

"Sehun, it's weird, but when I heard you crying that day in the bathroom and when we were together in the dark I was actually thinking that I wanted to make everything better and I felt a familyish feeling towards you too. Except the kiss. That was just wrong," you say with a little laugh.

"Yeah let's never speak of that again," he says, laughing. "That was so bad. We were like drunk."

"Speak for yourself," you say teasingly, "I was wondering what the hell you were doing." Sehun rolls his eyes.

"Sure. But yeah let's never speak of it again," he says. You agree quickly. While eating some ramen noodles and drinking some banana milk (you love that stuff) your thoughts wander back to Kai. 

"Do you think he'll be alright?" you ask Sehun, quietly.

"Yeah. He's stronger than all of us," he says softly. "Besides, there's no way he'd leave you to be purused by a ton of adoring boy fans. He would so not let that happen. And he loves all of EXO. He wouldn't leave us either." 

"You really believe that?" you ask, hopefully.

"I know it, _______. He can get through this. We just have to be patient." You nod, taking it all in. As you head back to the room, you stare at you shoes in a comfortable silence with your "brother." 

You arrive back at the room and Baekhyun is standing outside. 

"_____________-ah, can I talk to you?" He asks, looking worried. You kind of want to just go sit with Kai some more, but you nod. 

"Of course, Bacon!" Sehun pats Baekhyun's shoulder and walks into Kai's hospital room. 

"________-ah, I'm sorry to spring this on you at a time like this, but I realized that life's too short to leave things unsaid today," he starts.

"Are you saying that because you think Kai's going to die?" you ask a little annoyed because you're already worried. 

"No!" He says quickly, regretting his words already. 

You're angry at him. He knows you're already terrified at how this might turn out, and he brings up the fact that "life is short" like Kai's going to die or something. 

"Look, Baekhyun, now's not a good time," you sigh, just wanting to go back to be with Kai. Baekhyun's voice rises with urgency.

"Just...before Kai wakes up...I like you, _______-ah. I've liked you since I first saw you." You sigh. You knew, and now REALLY isn't a time where you want to hear stuff like this. You're still annoyed with Baekhyun about his comment about life being short, but deep down you know he meant absolutely no harm. 

"Baekhyun, we can talk about this another time. I'm really not in the mood for conversation right now," you say softly.

He looks at you for a few seconds, and nods stiffly. 

Wordlessly, Baekhyun walks down the hall and into an elevator.