Path of Fate

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

You welcome wide-eyed D.O. into your house. 

"I picked these up on the way here. Hope you like 'em!!!" he hands you a box of chocolates. 
"I love chocolate!" you exclaim, giving him a friendly side hug. "thank you so much!!" you catch the scent of an expensive cologne. It's just the right blend of sweetness and spiciness. You decide to sit closer to him.
Am I SMELLING this guy?! you think to yourself, horrified.
 
"So, _______-ah, want me to play a playlist and you can choose?" 
You nod your head, eagerly. He gives you a quick smile, and plays his iPod.
You hear the song "What is Love?" that he suggested before, and you thoroughly enjoy it. 
When you reach one of the last songs, you know exactly which one you want to do.
"Angel" begins playing, and from the first line, you jump up. "THAT ONE."
"angel?" asks D.O. "I wrote that one!" (Note; he didn't in real life)
You look at him, shocked. "it's so well done and emotional." 
He looks down. "I wrote it after a really tough time in my family. I haven't had a chance to really let it out." You understand. "Wanna talk about it...?" 
"Yeah."
 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CEQQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0bewParlnTQ&ei=nPK3T7TjFO-AsgKQ-oWLDA&usg=AFQjCNEKg5zXbFmiZCextnm2FKPfroQktg

(Read the english lyrics if u dont understand korean. It adds to the effect of the story)
 
D.O sighs, and starts his story.
"it was last month...." 
oh weird...
 "and i was at school and i got a call from my mom and dad. My little sister was in the hospital." 
oh God.... 
"she had almost been hit by a giant vehicle, and would have died if it hadn't been for..." 
oh god no.... 
"this man who saved her life. They told me he was crushed under the weight of the truck. I was in rotation, and i just broke down. I was so relieved my sister wasn't going to die. But what made me cry more was the fact that another family's lives were completely..." he begins to shake, and he looks at you. Tears start to well up in your eyes, as you remember the incident.
"what did you feel, exactly?" you ask, voice shaky. You've cried more in the last month than you have your entire life.
"i wish i would have been there instead. Then a totally innocent family with a brave, courageous man...wouldn't suffer. I hear he had a daughter who witnessed it, and if i met her I feel like I would have owed my life to her. My sister, who I love more than life...lived. And he...couldn't. i wish i could have died for her instead." his voice breaks again. He obviously tries to hold back many tears.
 
Another tear slides down your cheek.
"continue..." you whisper.
 
"i love my sister more than anything or anyone. I wrote Angel while she was undergoing emergency surgery. To me, she's an angel...she's the most beautiful girl in the world, and I always want to be there to be her guardian. I never wanna watch her suffer again, and I'd gladly die in her place. I never thought my sweet, perfect sister would cause other people so much pain." 
By now, his voice catches, and he forces a smile. 
"But for me, my sister is okay. The other family who's father saved her...i owe them. Forever. I'll never be able to repay them fully, or even partially. You can't 'make it up to someone' when their loved one dies. I will always live with that pain." 
You stare up at him. You feel like he said everything right.
"Sorry...." he says meekly, noticing your tears, "maybe I shouldn't...have brought up such a dark topic. I usually sing this song the best because it helps me just express all my emotions."
You nod, considering telling him about your dad.
"When I sing Angel, it's mostly dedicated to my sister. In a way, though, it's dedicated to the girl who's life is changed from my sister's accident...I want to protect her, a stranger, from the pain...I dunno...is it stupid..?"
"no..." you croak, completely emotionally touched. "I have something...you should know."
He looks at you, eyes still wet. "yeah..?"
"I lost my dad...my appa...my best friend and my hero last month." 
"oh god no..." D.O's voice cracks again.
"he was hit by a giant vehicle saving the life of a little girl."
"Oh my God. ______-ah....no......" D.O is sobbing now, and he looks at you with pain in his eyes.
"Those things you said...I appreciate them. I feel more at peace now about appa. i'll always miss him, but...I still feel more...i dunno how to describe it." you stare into his eyes.
D.O glances over again.
 
"well...basically...Angel is about me loving someone a lot and always wanting to protect her. And no matter what, wanting to be there for her. And her being more perfect than any angel from heaven." 
 
You notice a strange look in D.O's eyes as he says this. He looks at you unsurely, and smiles tearfully at you.
"You know how I said I wanna protect that girl who lost her dad? I'll protect you, ________-ah. i promise." his big brown eyes look sincerely into your own.
 
"thank you D.O....really. i like the song. And it has emotional value..." 
 
"I think we really should do this song, ______....."
 
"I think we should too, D.O"
 
With that, you lean over and give him a reassuring smile and squeeze on the shoulder.
 
 

NOTE: PLEASE EXCUSE MY NEXT "CHAPTER" ITS JUST A RANT ON MY LIFE PERTAINING TO THESE EXO BOYS RIGHT NOW. I NEED TO LET IT OUT.
AHHAHAHHAH