When The Smile Leaves His Face

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

Note: sorry guys, had to switch it up a bit. It's really kinda dramatic, but I hope you like it a lot!! <3~~comment!!!

 

The woman standing in front of you is pretty and proper and obviously your mother's friend. Next to her stands a boy. Not just any boy. But a boy you know.

"Hi Chaneyeol," you manage, still surprised that mop boy was standing at your doorstep. Your mom rushes out, squealing and embracing Chanyeol's mother. There's an odd look though, in your mother's eyes. You all make your way into the dining room, as your own mom makes pleasant conversation. After a few drinks, Chanyeol's mother is going on a huge drunk spell.

"So, what's your name, sweetheart. Pretty one you are, Channie, darling, date her. She'd be perfect." Chanyeol's mother was talking, voice slurred and completely drunk. Chanyeol blushes, but doesn't stop smiling still. "Urggg, what about your dad, _____. What happened to him?" you snap your head up, alarmed at Mrs....Chanyeol's Mom....'s question. Your own mom evidently was as well, and she got up abruptly to clear the table. You squirm uncomfortably.

"Um...he died...a month ago..." you say, fighting back tears. Chanyeol's mom throws her head back and cackles.

"BETTER THAN HIM LEAVING YOUR MOM WITH JUST ONE SON TO BE FORCED TO DRAG ALONG." For the first time since you ever saw him, Chanyeol was not smiling.

"Well, ma'am you're lucky you have a son like Chanyeol. He's very talented and kindhearted..." you offer, timidly. Chanyeol gives you a small smile of thanks that disappears as his mother cackles again.

"CHANNIE!? HE CAN'T EVEN KEEP HIS HAIR NEAT. AISHT. WHAT ID GIVE FOR A DAUGHTER WITH A GOOD HEAD." she proceeds to whack him drunkly on the head. "Well all men are bastards, dearie. Including my son here. Takes after his father. You're lucky your daddy's dead. Channie's dad tried to push him out a window, but when he failed, and Channie survived, he ran off. If I'd wanted to keep that man, I'd have thrown Channie myself." You look at her, horrified. Chanyeol looks on the verge of tears, and you stand up, tears in your eyes as well. You meet Chanyeol's gaze, and try to give him a reassuring smile.

"Ma'am, i'm going to call a cab now. I think it's time for you to go...and Chanyeol and I have a project to work on, so he'll come home when he's done. Is that okay, Chanyeol?" You look towards the boy who you thought could never cry. Tears are spilling down his cheeks, and embarrassed, he rubs them off.

He smiles at you again, and says, "Of course. Mother, you go home..." and with that, you help Chanyeol's mother stumble out the door. Then you turn around, and feel two strong arms holding you in a tight hug.  Chanyeol is shaking, and some small sobs can be heard.

When he pulls back, he gives you a faint smile and says, "I'm sorry about that...so sorry....happy first day, eh?" You decide that today is a very happy first day. Well all of it except for the last 20 minutes, but now you know something about the "too content," always smiling "happy virus." He needs to always be happy just to deal with his mother, who really just leeches all the happiness of life out of him.

You think back to the day last month...your father was driving you to school, and in the parking lot, a little girl had run out into the street. She was about 6 or 7, and she was running towards the little red ball on the ground. Your father jumped out of the car and pushed the girl out of the road. You watched in terror as your father gets hit before your eyes...by a gigantic construction vehicle. His last words to you were, "tell mommy I love her. I love you both." and he jumped. That girl transferred somewhere, and not being able to bear the pain of that school's parking lot, you transferred too. You look up at Chanyeol, remembering how his mother talked freely about how she didn't want him, how his father left and attempted to murder his own son...you feel sickened, and give Chanyeol a reassuring hug.

"It's okay," you say. "I'll...be here. Come here, I wanna show you something." you lead him to the roof that overlooks your garden, and you can see all the stars. You turn to him. "I've recently discovered that coming up here calms the nerves. It helps me no matter what." You both sit in a few minutes of silence.  Suddenly, he offers you his grin, a genuine one, and dips his head at you.

"Thank you, _____-ah. And uh, you're the only one who knows about this...so can it be our secret?" You look him straight in the eyes.\

"I promise." 

"Forever?" he asks, looking at you carefully, still smiling.

"Forever." you reply, with no hesitation.

 

 

Note: HAHAHA BET YOU THOUGHT ITD BE SEHUN EH!? HAHAH BET YOU THOUGHT ID BE ALL CLICHE, HUH? WELL I TRICKED YOUU. KEKKEKEKE *victory dance* LOOK WHO'S BEIN' UNIQUE NOW. SUCH A REBEL. And ehehehe guys...who wanted it to be Chanyeol anyway?  WHO DO U WANNA END UP WITH!?