Into the Dark

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

NOTE: OMG I MISSED YOU ALL. I'M SO SORRY. DON'T HATE ME.

I'VE BEEN SO BUSY. I'LL TRY TO UPDATE MORE I PROMISE. THIS CHAPTER IS KINDA A LEADING UP CHAPTER...SO DON'T BE TOO DISSAPOINTED. KEKE. I'LL GET TO ITT ALRIGHT. IT'S REALLY NOT ALL THAT INTERESTING BUT...YEAH. STAY WITH ME GUYS <3

 

You stare at Suho, dry throated.

This is…MY FAULT? I didn’t know anything about this…Oh god… And they were so close.. and Sehun’s not always a !? Oh god…

“I know…it’s a lot to take in…” Suho looks at you sympathetically.

“Why don’t you hate me?” you ask, still shocked. “I broke apart your…family…” Guilt makes you clench your teeth, and you stare at the EXO members.

They all look at you, horror etched on their faces. You read them easily. Something like "how the hell would we hate you" or some other sweet .

“We don’t hate you…” Baekhyun walks up to you and pull you into a hug, and soon enough all the remaining EXO boys hold you in a group hug.

“Don’t worry ______-ah…we gotcha.” Chanyeol smiles his giant idioticly adorable grin, and you feel better.

“But this is all my fault…” you start.

“Aniya…don’t think like that.” D.O stares at you, unsurprisingly, wide eyed.

 

As the days go by, the EXO boys are very careful with you. Except for Sehun, of course, who regards you the same way he’d treat an unpleasant fly. Kai pretends nothing happened, and stays his same sweet self. The showcase has been pushed back to allow more practice time. You’re relieved.

“Today’s a night hike day!” Tiffany shouts gleefully.

“Uhh?” you stare.

“We get assigned a partner to hike at night with. It’s so much fun!!!” Taeyeon grins. As you all head off to see your partner assignments, Seohyun grins at you.

“Betcha wish you’d be partnered with Kai.” Every SNSD member, except for Jessica of course, laughs and nods enthusiastically.

You ignore them.

 

“Taeyeon and…Kyungsoo…Amber and…Key. Taemin and….Leeteuk….”

The list goes on and on.

“Kai and…Jessica.” Kai looks at you with a displeased expression on his face. He pouts at you. You smile at him reassuringly.

“Sehun and…_______.” There are some gasps from the crowd, and people all turn to stare at you.

“What!?” you blurt at the same time as Sehun.

“Can we trade…?” Sehun asks, his voice drawling into an unpleasant snarl.

“No. Sulli and Jonghyun….Donghae and Yoona…Sunny and Victoria....Suho and Tiffany…”

“PLEASE.” You cry out, horrified.

“I think you should let her,” Key says quietly.

“No.” The counselor continues reading the list.

 

You and Sehun glare at each other.

 

You walk through the forest together, and glare at eachother while doing so. Your eyes wander up the trail and you notice you've lost the people in front of you. Panicked, you look behind you. Sehun whirls around as well, and stares at you, wide eyed.

"You did NOT just lose the group..." his voice is ice, terrifying and deadly.

"NO YOU DID YOU IDIOT." you shout, enraged by his unfair accusation.

After wandering aimlessly for a few minutes, you decide you're utterly lost.

"Sehun," you begin coldly. "Good job. We're lost."

Sehun glares at  you with such intensity, you feel yourself cringe.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING.” you yell, defensively.

“LOOK WHO’S TALKING. YOU’RE THE ONE WHO GOT US LOST IN THE FIRST PLACE.” Sehun roars.

“I DID NOT. JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE TOO MUCH OF AN IDIOT TO NOTICE THAT NO ONE WAS BEHIND, OR AHEAD OF US DOESN’T MAKE ME THE STUPID ONE.” You yell back. By now some bear will probably hear your yelling and leap out of the forest and attack you. Or worse, Key would. But you have no time to think about this.

The stars twinkle above you, and other than your yelling, it’s eerily quiet.

The trees sway in the light night wind, and you hear some snapping of twigs.

You hope to God that Taemin can come leaping out of the bushes now...

Why not now...why in the middle of the lunch line...? why not now...?! Why...!?

Sehun glares at you one more time, interrupting your thoughts, and your flashlight goes out, and suddenly, you're engulfed in deadly black darkness.

You hear a horrible seemingly unhuman noise come from the boy next to you.

“Oh god…not the light.” His voice is no longer angry. It’s a tone you’ve never heard of him. His voice so vulnerable…so...completely terrified.

“D…didn’t you bring one…?” your voice rises in panic.

“N…no…. I thought you had one that’s batteries worked…” his voice isn’t accusing, or even mean in any way. He sounds simply like a lost four year old.

"What about a phone?" you ask, desperately.

"It's dead. WE'RE DEAD." his voice is shaky, and unexplainbly horrified.

"I...left mine in the room..." you groan inwardly at your stupidity.

"__________...?" he asks, using your name for the first time.

"Y..yeah Sehun...?" you ask, stuttering.

"Will they find us...?" he asks with the innocence of a child.

"I..hope so..." is all you can manage.

"o...oh..." his fear is so heartbreaking, you have to look away from his face for a while.

“Sehun…” you look at him. What you can see by starlight are his eyes. The two chocolate orbs stare into yours, glistening.

Is Sehun crying again?

“N…neh…?” he looks at the ground, trying to control his voice. I will not let her see me cry, goddamnit. I CAN''T be weak. Sehun thinks to himself.

“Are you…afraid of the dark…?” You look at him, carefully.

“WHAT NO…” he looks towards you indignantly.

“Yeah you are.”

“N…yeah….” Ashamed, he looks down. He turns his back to you and stares at the sky.

You don’t know why, but it’s a little weird to you. He’s so hard on the outside. Cold, unresponsive. On the inside, he’s like a softhearted little child. What disturbs you the most is you want to protect him…

“Um…we shouldn’t walk too far in the dark you know…” you stare, trying to read his face.

“I know.”

You sit by a tree, and he sits on the other side.

Minutes go by. About an hour and a half later, he speaks.

“I think you should know.” He stares at the floor.

“Know what?” you ask distractedly.

“Why I’m afraid…” his voice hasn’t gained his usual coldness yet.

“by all means, explain.” You say, a little annoyed.

That two faced little basta-

“My parents died because of the dark.” His voice breaks.

Oh. Oops.