Always and Forever

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

Note: I learned the phrase "always and forever" from the American drama "One Tree Hill," I didn't make it up. Just saying. Also, I'm updating a lot to make up for lost time. Thanks to all my readers!! <3

 

*THREE WEEKS LATER*

You become withdrawn and sad without Kai. Your mom has forced you to come home and start going to school again, and you completely forget about the whole dance. Key demanded it be rescheduled, and so they rescheduled it since no one was really in a party kind of mood. You spend every spare moment at the hospital with Kai. You bring homework and "study with Kai." SNSD has been very sensitive to your feelings and everyone in school is really really cautious around you, but they're still friendly. 

You're on your way out from school when D.O walks over to you. 

"Hey _______-ah, I miss your smile. I wish you would smile again," he informs you a little sadly. 

"Oh, sorry D.O-ah," you say with a forced smile.

"Not that kind of smile, _______. Your real one. It's one of the happiest  things in the world." He gives you a hug and sees Baekhyun watching you from the other side of the courtyard. "So, how long will you be ignoring Bacon?" he asks a little sadly. 

"I'm not ignoring him," you say softly. "I just don't know what to say to him right now." D.O looks at you comfortingly.

"I know, but he's hurting about his friend being in the hospital too,  you know. And he told me that he doesn't want you to like him as much as he wants you to be friends again so you can get through this together..." D.O searches your face, trying to read it. You glance over again at Baekhyun. 

"I guess you're right," you admit. "Thanks D.O, I'll see you later." He nods and gives you a pat on the shoulder as he walks away. You make your way over to Baekhyun.

"Hi, Bacon," you begin carefully. He looks at you and nods.

"Hi, ________. Look, I'm so sorry I don't know what I was thinking. I mean I wasn't really thinking but I just feel so bad and I--"

"Hey. It's okay," you say. And you realize it is. You feel bad for overreacting so much. "Can things go back to the way they were?" you ask, hopefully.

"No," says Bacon sadly. "The same things never happen twice. But we can be friends again. I just want to go back to being friends." You agree, and tell him you're on your way to go to the hospital to see Kai. 

"Hey, um, can I come with you? I want to go see him," Bacon asks slowly. You agree immediately, and you head to the hospital. You remember the time you sat together in the hospital when your mother was hurt, and you're all of a sudden very grateful for the boy beside you. As you reach the hospital, you two walk, making small, easy conversation. You're glad to have Baekhyun back in your life. As you walk into Kai's room, you notice many flowers and cards from family, admirers, and friends. You also notice a woman sitting next to him in your usual spot.

"Hi Mrs. Kim," says Baekhyun with a bow. Mrs. Kim smiles at him sadly, and stands up to give him a hug. 

"You must be ________," she says with a warm smile. She immediately reminds you of Kai, and you feel ten times better than you just had, for a short moment. "Jongin talks about you all the time. You're beautiful, just like he said," she says voice wavering. You talk with Mrs. Kim for awhile. You hadn't met her before because she has strange work hours and she usually in the middle of the night with the rest of the family, since they don't want to be in the way when he has friends visiting. 

"Thanks for being so great to our little Jongin," she says softly "he cares so much about you," she says tears filling her eyes. 

"I just...I just want him to wake up," you say tearing up again, as you have everyday since the showcase. Mrs. Kim smiles at you knowingly. 

"Me too, _________. Me too. Well I have to be going back to work. But I can see he's in good hands here. See you soon, __________, and hopefully under better circumstances." 

You and Baekhyun catch up, talking about life and about school, and you can feel things going back to normal with him.

*one week later*

You're sitting quietly Kai's face, telling him about your day as you always do, and softly singing to him while Suho reads a book quietly.

"And then Key and Taemin got caught hanging from the bottom of a giant fluffy chair to try to get into the teacher's lounge. That was pretty funny. Sehun and I have gotten along now. Everyone's so supportive of you, Kai. Everyone misses you. I reallly miss you too, and we all want you to wake up soon because...well because we need you back. Everything without you. I don't look forward to anything in school anymore, now that I don't have you waiting for me at that wall we met at. Remember that, Kai? That was totally embarassing! I remember everything, you know. Always and forever, right?" 

You look at his face and kiss his forehead. All of a sudden, you hear a sound so faint and inaudible that if you hadn't been listening for it for the past month, you never would have noticed. 

Kai's voice.

"Right," Kai sighed, ever so quietly. So quiet, in fact, you could barely tell if it happened or if you were going absolutely insane. 

"K...Kai?" you whisper, wanting so badly for this to be real. Suho looks up, confused at your sudden change of attitude.

"Are you okay ________-ah?" he asks, confused.

"R...right what, Kai...?" you ask, desperately. Suho stands up quickly and walks to the other side of Kai's bed.

"A...always." he mutters, still barely audible, but defintely real.

"Y...yeah," you smile widely, tears falling down your cheeks. Happiness fills you up and overflows, and you can't contain your excitement. You glance at Suho, and he too is crying. 

Kai groans slightly, and again his beautiful voice you have missed with all your being reaches your ears. He utters three words you will cherish forever in your heart.

"Always...and forever."