After the Silence

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

NOTE: OMG GUYS I MISSED YOU. I'VE BEEN SO BUSY LATELY!!!! MIANHAE MIANHAE MIANAEEE. AND OMG GUYS IM SORRY, MY KAI FEELS ARE JUST EXPLODING RIGHT NOW. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LESSS KAI ORIENTED. AND YEAA I HAD A HUGE TIME JUMP TOO. BUT YEAH I'M GETTING ON WITH IT ;D SO YEAH. LOVE YOU ALL. AND I JUST GOT A TUMBLR SO FOLLOW!!! http://agoodrich.tumblr.com/

SARANGHAEEE AND MIANHAE FOR NOT UPDATINGGG!!! AHHHH~

As the next week and a half goes by, everything is rather uneventful. You’re a little bored, but you go to singing and rehearse with D.O, try to withstand Sehun’s annoying “indifference,” find Key hiding in bushes and trashcans and trees and…fruit baskets…the usual. Suho has to have protected you from being hit by at least 5 basketballs in the last week, bless his heart. Taeyeon and the rest of SNSD invite you to hang out every day, and you rehearse for the showcase. The dance is rapidly approaching, and you’ve rejected many people, all of which you’ve never talked to before. Almost all of SNSD has a date, and Jessica is fuming that none of EXO asked her.

You walk into singing class on the day of your duet. “__________-AH!!! ARE YOU READY?” D.O grins happily across the room, with a confident grin.

“Neh!!!”

“Are you nervous, ____-ah?”

“Aniya!”

“Sure you’re not,” D.O teases with a smile, seeing your terrified expression. “Yah, it’s okay!!! I’ll be here with you the whole time. Remember what this song really is about.” He smiles warmly at you, and you begin to feel better immediately. Everyone rushes into the classroom, anxious to begin.

“So, as you all know, today will be your duet examinations,” the teacher begins, “please do your best, and be kind to classmates.” The first people to go aren’t much to listen to, but by the 5th pair, it’s Bacon and his partner’s turn. The girl falters a little in nervousness, and then Bacon opens his mouth to sing.

A long string of perfectly connected, angelic notes fly from his lips. Everyone sits, entranced by his voice. He captivates the crowd as he sings his part, and when the girl begins to sing with him, everyone stays focused on Bacon, mouth agape. 

When the song ends, everyone stares at him as he goes back to his seat. The teacher jots down notes, and smiles. “Thank you. Now, we have D.O and ______ singing an original composition, “Angel”.” She smiles at you encouragingly, and you get up, confidently.

D.O sings first, and the class falls silent. Like when Bacon sang, when your sweet voice rings through the classroom, everyone stops dead and listens. You sing your lines, and when D.O starts to sing with you, the class stares in shock. “They sound professional,” you hear from the crowd. Everyone nods.

When you sing the final line together, the rest of the class simply stares. Bacon looks at you, mouth slightly open, and starts to clap. Everyone follows his lead, and soon the teacher has to quiet everyone down. “Thank you for that…it was beautiful, really.” The teacher motions for you to sit down and writes some more. The rest of the duets are good, but nothing compared to yours.

D.O gives you a high five and a sweet smile. “You were beautiful, ______-ah, honestly.”

You blush and smile. “Thank you, D.O, your voice made it even better.” D.O grins at you.

“With all honesty, if you weren’t you and we weren’t in this situation, I never could sing it a well as I did today.”

You don’t really understand what he means by this, but you nod happily.

 

After another few weeks, you’re pretty busy with preparing for the showcase in a month.

You make your way to lunch, and get the familiar pit in your stomach when you see Kai. He smiles, he laughs with his friends and all his adoring “noonas.” Only you know the true pain he’s in. And he doesn’t even want to talk to you anymore. Sometimes, you catch him looking across at you, but he looks away quickly and acts preoccupied in something else.

As always, Suho stands in line, and as always, you see Key hiding in the fruit. Wait…that’s not Key. Sorry, TAEMIN’S fruit hiding shift is today. Key must be in the cereal. You roll your eyes, and smile at Suho.

“Excited for the Showcase and dance?” you ask Suho, reading his face.

He breaks out in a huge smile. “I can’t wait! I can’t believe we get to go to Jeiju for the showcase AND have a dance there. I’m so excited.”

You nod, agreeing with him, and grab the fruit while “accidently” whacking Taemin in the head with a guava. You hear a sharp “EEP!” from Taemin and Key’s scolding “SHUTTUP YOU’LL BREAK COVER.” You walk away, still rolling your eyes.

Kai appears out of nowhere. “Hey.” he says carefully.

“hey.” You reply, shortly. It’s been a freaking month and a half since he bothered to speak with you…it hurt. But you must admit, the feeling of his body heat so close to you makes you feel better about the world in general.

He seems to not know what to say, and he just looks down at you (since you’re about 5 inches shorter) and you stare up at him, also not knowing what to say.

Sehun comes up from behind you, and seems to shove himself in the middle.

“WELL LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE, Kai finally decided to talk to…….you.” Sehun’s voice is amused, but his face stays in his same expressionless position.

Kai glares at him, “Sehun just go…”

You glare at Sehun as well.

“What, you want some alone time? Ooo…” Sehun says a little harshly, and he glares at you.

“What the hell Sehun…What’s wrong with you?” you start, not in the mood for his antics.

“Oh I just came to say that you left a piece of gum under your locker, and I stepped in it. Wanna buy me new shoes now?” Sehun looks at you, expectantly.

“Ummmmm how about…..no.” you glare at him again.

“Well then, I’ll just have to ask my father to take up a word with this school for…vandalism.” Sehun glares evilly at you.

“God, Sehun, why are you always like this to her…just leave her alone.” Kai looks at Sehun and you, and even his face is expressionless.

“Or what, Kai? What will YOU do? You’re the cripple here.” Sehun smirks, and you feel Kai tense.

“You don’t know anything, Sehun…” Kai starts, looking pained.

“And you think you can get any girl…can’t you see this one isn’t interested sticking her tongue down one of our best friends’ throa-“

Kai clenches his fists, and you see the pain on his face return.

You think that this situation is rather familiar, and you inwardly groan. Time to pay back a favor. You turn your back to Sehun, and mouth to Kai just go with it.

You touch his cheek, and smile at him.

“Aww, Kai…I know you’re still sore from dance yesterday. Don’t worry about it. And I guess trying to keep US secret was a little too much for poor Sehunnie here, neh?”

Kai looks a little taken aback at first, but looks grateful afterwards. He smiles at you, that charming smile you first saw when you came to this school. “I know…he’s just so on edge all the time. He should…stop being so…stressed.” He draws out the last word, and puts an arm around you, pulling you close. You feel the warmth of his body, and smell the cologne that is sprayed in perfect moderation on his body. You grin up at him again, and kiss him on the cheek. “Well we wouldn’t want to be late for rotation, would we, Jonginnnn.” Everyone stares. You used his real name. Oh god. He breaks into a smile, and it seems genuine.

“Let’s go.” He takes your hand, and leads you away from a fuming Sehun.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, KAI. BROS BEFORE HO….WHAT THE HELL KAI!? WE’LL BE HAVING A TALK ABOUT THIS LATER. THAT GIRL SPIT BANANA MILK AT MY FACE. WHAT ARE YOU DOING. WAIT. WHAT.

 

After rounding the corner, Kai stares at you. “And why did you do that?” he doesn’t ask this unkindly, simply wanting an answer.

“Because…you helped me once too….” You stutter a little, hoping he won’t drift away from you again.

“Oh…” You notice a twinge of disappointment, and take a deep breath.

“And I missed you.” you look at the floor, embarrassed. When you look up, Kai raises an eyebrow.

“Did you…?”

You nod, biting your lip.

“I missed seeing you leaning against that wall everyday…and being such a kind..friend.”

You realize that those words would have stung if he still likes you….you look up at his face, and sure enough he looks a little pained again.

“Ah.”

“And I miss you…and I really did feel something that day in rotation…after Jessica and Sehun were…” you trail off, nervously.

Do I like Kai? I seem to have some sort of feelings for all of the EXO members. Except Sehun, that bastard. I need to figure this out…really. Aisht…But I can’t have Kai leave me again… And I DID feel something during that kiss…and whenever he’s nearby..but..I have feelings for….AISHT SERIOUSLY.

Kai looks at you, eyebrow raised again. “Um, what?”

You blush, and look down at his feet. “I felt something when we kissed..and you never gave me a chance to explain what happened with Suho…and it hurt…and when I saw you hurt that day, it hurt me. I don’t know my exact feelings for you, but whether friendly or…more than that…I have very strong feelings for you…please don’t walk away again.”

Kai takes a breath, and begins to speak. “I wanted to talk to you..I wanted to know what actually happened, but I was afraid..I’m always afraid when I fall in……” he stops abruptly. “I mean when I meet a girl like…you. And I wanted to see you again, and I wanted to comfort you when you were hurt. But I was scared. I’m sorry I was a coward. I won’t walk away from you like this again. Really.” He looks at you, and gives you a genuine small smile.

“Good…” you whisper.

He pulls you into a hug that could be taken either as a friendly or romantic one. His arms around your middle, you hug him around his neck. You breathe in his smell, and feel the warmth of his body pressed against yours. You break apart after about 2 minutes, and smile up at him.

“YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” you hear from behind you. You see Bacon striding towards you. “INNAPROPRIATE.” He yells, jokingly, but there’s something beyond his gaze. He has some sort of strange look of an angry tiger in his eyes as he “jokes” with you. “I’M ESTABLISHING A 3 FEET APART RULE AS OF NOW!” he yells, still “joking.” He smiles at you and “jokingly” glares at Kai.

“Just doing my job as a good ASB student!” he smiles at you again. “Keeping the halls safe from…harm.”

You get a text from Key. Oh god this is never good.

From: Key

The only one he’s protecting is himself!!!!! HE LOOOOOOVES YOU.

You quickly delete the text, as you do with anything Key sends you.

Facepalm.

 

 

NOTE: HEY GUYS I MADE A BAEKYEOL FANFIC SO CHECK IT OUT (:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/210499/everyday-a-new-memory-a-baekyeol-oneshot-exo-exok-baekhyun-chanyeol-baekyeol-bacon