Angel

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

Happiness and relief courses through your body as you kiss his forehead over and over again. Weakly, your beloved Kai, the one you love, smiles. Lying in the hospital bed, relying on machines and needles to fight to live, pale and weak, you don't think that Kai had ever looked more gorgeous. He looks different. His body seems lifeless still, but the sparkle in his eyes proves to you that the guy you love is still with you. By now, Suho is crying and calling all of EXO and Kai's family. 

"Hey pretty girl," he says in a sleepy and feeble voice. He manages another weak smile, and you cry even harder.

"Kai....You're awake," you say tears falling faster and faster from your eyes.

"Eurrr, yeah..." he grunts, "five more minutes?"

You laugh loudly and smile, sniffle, and wipe the tears from your cheeks. "Absolutely not, Kim Jongin. It's about time you get up. You'll be late to school."  You realize that that was the first time you've laughed since that fateful day. The day rushes by, Kai drowsily drifts in and out of sleep as visitor after visitor comes to celebrate the fact that Kai has finally woken up. You talk to him, a few quiet sentences at a time, and you don't let go of his hand. 

Sehun comes and goes, happier than you've ever seen him in your life. (Not that that was especially surprising, since you have NEVER actually seen him happy...) Baekhyun comes in, overjoyed and gets to have a few words wih Kai. D.O excitedly talks to Kai, wide eyed, and stays for a pretty long time. Chanyeol bounds in, huge smile on his face his entire visit. His family comes to see Kai, but can't stay long because they have to leave for an important appointment in Kwangjoo. Kai makes you tell him all about how life's been going for you and he compliments you on your performance at the showcase that was over a month ago multiple times. 

"You really scared me," you say, his hair. 

"Yeah, sorry," he said. "You know, I could hear you sometimes. I heard your voice and I was like 'hey, that's my angel. I really need to wake up.' And I did. I woke up. I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere." 

You smile widely. "Your angel...?" you say softly, loving the sound of it.

"Yeah, ___________. You're my angel. So now I'm either in heaven with my angel or on earth with my angel. Either way, I'm a pretty happy guy," Kai smirks, slowly gaining strength as the day goes by. You grin widely and rest your head on his chest, as you'd gotten in the habit of doing the past month. 

"Now that you know I'm okay, I'll call you and you don't have to worry about me all the time. You can hangout with your friends, get your life back, and focus more on school," he says matter of factly.

"How do you know I haven't had a life!?" you say, teasingly.

"Um, well I know you and I know you're a worrier," he chuckles. You look at him reproachfully. 

"Hey I'm not that bad," you say indignantly.

"Um, I mean you're a hot WARRIOR..." he says sheepishly. "But I'm serious, ____________. I'm fine now, go live a little. But still visit." You smile at him and nod. "_________, I...." Kai hesitates. "I really really care about you." 

You look up at him, head still on his muscular chest. "Well, ," you say. Kai looks shocked.

"What??"

" for you, because you're stuck with me," you say with a devlish grin.

"Oh," he says happily. "Good." You look up at him again, taking in everything about him and never wanting to let him out of your sight.

 

"I love you, Kim Jongin," you say, voice filled with emotion. He looks down at your face, beaming. The light in his eyes seems lighter, and the healthy glow you'd known so well on his face that you haven't seen lately, all of a sudden returns.

"You mean it?" he asks, hopefully, tears in HIS eyes now. 

"With all my heart," you answer firmly.

"Well ," he says.

"What???" you demand.

" for you, because you're stuck with me," he says with his own devlish smirk you love so much, and a glint in his deep brown eyes.

"Oh," you say, giggling, "Good."

 

He smiles at you, finds the strength to touch your face, grab your chin, and plant a soft, long, meaningful kiss on your lips. You had never loved the feeling of a kiss more than you had that day. The kiss itself is not very special. It isn't anything someone would go tell their friends about. But to you, this kiss means something so much more than any kiss ever has. It means the guy you love is here with you, and he's safe and getting better. He grins at you again, and in his silky smooth, beautiful voice, he utters the words you have been wanting to hear all along. 

"I love you too, __________, my angel. I always will."