The Nightmare

When All Those EXO-K Boys Fall For You...

You drift off into an uneasy sleep, head on Kai's chest. You're standing on a rooftop, all of EXO surrounding you tied up in chairs in a circle. A masked man with a gun walks up to you.

"Hello _____________. You love all these boys and they all love you. Well, good news for you. Only two have to die. Choose which one, or they all die." Your dream self sobs and looks around at all the boys you care so much about. Each of them yells at you to chose them, and to get to safety with all the others. You see Bacon, looking at you with his innocent eyes. Sehun stares at you, and the look he gives you knows he would rather die than live in this situation. Chanyeol's smile is gone, and he just stares at you. Suho looks at you pleadingy to chose him to die to save the others and yourself. D.O stares at the ground and looks up at you and mouths, "save them." Lastly, your dream eyes wander to Kai. The dream image of Kai was chilling. His normally tanner skin was pale as fresh snow, and his usually twinkling eyes were stormy, dark, and emotionless. He stares ahead, seeing nothing, looking at nothing. 

"Make your choice," the evil man in your dream says roughly. 

"Just kill me," you sob. "Kill me and let them live."

"Well you can be one of the ones who dies, young lady, but if you are, how do you know that the others will be safe?" His cold, icy, voice chills you to the bone. 

"I can't. I can't do this." 

"Very well," the wicked man says, as he holds the gun to Kai's head.

 

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" your head bolts up, and you cry into Kai's chest. 

"________-ah, it's okay it was just a dream," Chanyeol says walking over to you. The room is empty except you, Kai, and Chanyeol. Chanyeol explains that everyone had been taking turns sitting in here with you and Kai, and each person had a three hour shift. 

"Speaking of taking turns," Chanyeol begins carefully, "I think you should take a break and go home and get some good rest, eat something, and then come back when you're ready."

"No," you say lamely. "I want to stay here."

"We all knew you'd say that," Chanyeol sighs. "I just thought I'd try. Well we called up your mom and she brought you a bag of your stuff, so at least go get freshened up and go to the cafeteria." You're instantly grateful for the amazing friends you have, and for the first time you check your phone. 

From: Key

_________-ah!!! I hope you're doing okay. I love you, little sister. Keep your head up, everything will be okay. <3

From: Taemin

__________, I am really sorry about what happened. I know you must be really sad. You don't have to go to the dance with me, I understand. All that matters is that you feel better and that Kai-hyung is okay. Everything will be fine!

From: Taeyeon

I'm SOOOOO sorry about everything!!!! I really really realllllyyyy hope everything is going to be okay. I'll visit as soon as I can. Please stay positive and know all of SNSD is here for you. We love you <3

 

You flip through your phone and are comforted by the many messages of encouragement you've been getting. SNSD, of course, all sent you kind words. You're pretty suprised when you scroll to a message from Jessica.

From: Jessica

__________, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. Please forgive me, and look after yourself and Kai. Everything's going to be fine. 

Wow, even Jessica is being nice. Well I guess tragedy manages to bring people together. You wonder how things will be when Kai gets better.

Your heart stops as you see a message from yesterday. Kai's name is on your screen, and you see a message he had sent right after your performance.

From: Kai

__________. Words can't describe how proud I am of you. I told you you could do it. :) That performance was the most special one I have ever seen because you're in it. Just know that I care so much about you and I can't wait to see you after I perform. Again, I'm so proud and I can't wait to talk to you soon! 

PS: you looked hot ;)

You laugh through your tears and look at the boy sleeping in front of you. 

"Come on Kai, wake up." You kiss him on the cheek and go to the bathroom to freshen up. You flip through some pictures on your phone and you remember the screenshot you took one of the first times you and Kai texted. You stare at it. 

"From: Kai

Hey, thanks for practicing today. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow! Remember, you have my number if you ever need to talk. I'll always be there for you. Always and forever. :)"

You smile, remembering how great you'd felt when he sent you that text. You walk back into the room and grab his hand again.

"Come on, Kai. You promised. Always and forever."