Discharge

Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day you were being discharge from the hospital. It was 10am and you were packing your things. Your phone beeped, indicating that you have a new message. You raised an eyebrow and picked up your phone.

A smile came across your face looking at who messaged you.

'You’re being discharged today. Are you happy? I am! ^^ I’ll see you in a bit.' -L.Joe

You smiled as you read the message.

'I’m super happy to finally get out of this boring place. I don’t like staying here. >.< I can’t wait to go back home. Oppa needs to hurry!' -Tae Hee

You locked your phone and started packing your Christmas presents in your bag when your phone ringed. “Oh. Oppa’s early.” You picked up our phone, but raised an eyebrow confused. “Why is he calling me?” You slide your thumb across the screen to answer the call.

“Hello?” You answered. “Yah, you only care about your brother coming and not me?” L.Joe asked instead of greeting you. “Uh…” “How can you not care about your boyfriend?” “Boyfriend?” “Yes, boyfriend, me.” “Oh…” “Open your door.” “Huh?” “Open your door.” “What-”

Then knocking came at your door. You walked over to your door and opened it. There, standing in front of you was no other than L.Joe himself. He pulled his phone away from his ear and ended the call. You pulled your phone away and looked at him in shock.

“What…how…” You couldn’t progress a question to ask him. L.Joe smiled at you, “Surprise.” You blinked a couple of times at him before snapping back into reality. “Yah!” You frowned. L.Joe took a step back surprised, “Whoa.” “Aish. You…you…aish.” You stormed back into your room leaving L.Joe standing outside the door.

He finally took a step into the room. You went back to packing your Christmas presents in your bag.

L.Joe remembered that he didn’t give you your Christmas present yet. *Oh crap.* L.Joe groaned inwardly.

You looked up from your bag and gave L.Joe a weird look. L.Joe blinked at you, “What?” You shook your head, “Nothing. What are you doing here anyway?” “To take you home.” L.Joe beamed. You connected your eyebrows, “What are you talking about? Oppa is taking me home. And how did you know I was being discharged today?” L.Joe shrugged, “I have my people.”

You narrowed your eyes at him, “What people?” “That’s for me to know and you to forget.” “Yah.” L.Joe blinked at you innocently. “Who told you?” “I’m not telling~”

You were starting to get annoyed, “Yah, L.Joe you better tell me or else.” “Or what? You’ll hit me?” L.Joe smirked. You rose an amuse eyebrow and smirk, “Lee Byunghun, don’t you dare challenge me.” “Oh. You just used my real name. Yang Tae Hee, no one uses my real name.” “Oh really?” “Really.” “Well, guess what, Lee Byunghun, you're a babo.” “What?” “Babo~”

L.Joe dangerous narrowed his eyes at you, “Yang Tae Hee, you’re pushing my buttons.” “What buttons? I didn’t know you had buttons.” You laughed. L.Joe stepped towards you, who kept laughing and didn’t notice that L.Joe was already standing in front of you.

“I’m going to punish you.” L.Joe said through clench teeth. You stopped laughing, looked up, and gasped, “Y-yah.” L.Joe smirked, “Punish time.” “Wha- Ahahaha!” You burst into laughter.

As punishment, L.Joe tickled you. You fell onto the bed and laughed. L.Joe continued to tickle you. “L.Joe…stop….I can’t…breathe!” You said between laughs. “No. This is what you get for calling me my real name.” L.Joe said tickling you. “S-stop…L.Joe~!” L.Joe laughed and continued to tickle you.

“Ah! S-stop…I can’t….breathe…L.Joe…I’ll do…anything.” You bargained. L.Joe stopped tickling you and took a step back, “Anything?” You slowly sat up, catching your breath, “…Anything.” L.Joe beamed, “Alright, anything it is.”

Your phone ringed. You picked up your phone and looked at the caller ID. You smiled, slide your finger across the screen, and answered the phone.

“Oh, oppa. Are you here yet?” You answered. “I’ll be there in ten minutes. Pack, so we can come home and you can rest.” Yoseob said on the other line. “Yes sir.” “Okay, see you in ten then.” “Okay.” You hung up and looked up at L.Joe.

“Yoseob hyung?” L.Joe asked. You nodded, “He said he’ll be here in ten minutes.” L.Joe nodded. You suddenly remembered something you had to do before being discharged. You looked over at L.Joe and smiled. "You want to go somewhere with me?" L.Joe raised an eyebrow, "Where?" "Just somewhere, want to come?"

L.Joe shrugged, “Why not?” “Alright, let’s go before oppa comes.” You smiled, grabbed your bag, and headed out. L.Joe followed behind.

You walked down the familiar hallway searching for a specific name.

L.Joe watched you in curiosity. *What is she looking for?*

“Aha!” You beamed and turned to L.Joe. “Yah, hurry up.” You waved him over. L.Joe casually walked towards you. You stepped towards L.Joe and quickly pulled him in front of the door. He looked at you, “What are we doing here?” “You’ll see.” You winked and knocked on the door.

“Come in.” a soft voice called inside the room. You turned the knob and stepped in pulling L.Joe along.  “Hana?” You called. “Unnie?” Hana looked up and beamed, “Unnie!” “Hana!” You smiled, ran to her, and gave her a hug. L.Joe smiled at the scene, remembering the promise you guys made last night.

“Unnie, you really came.” Hana beamed. You pulled back and smiled, “Of course. I always keep my words.” Hana shifted her gaze to L.Joe, who awkwardly stood by the door. “L.Joe oppa.” Hana called. L.Joe looked at her and smiled, “Hey Hana.” “I’m glad you came with unnie.” L.Joe nodded and walked towards you and Hana.

“So, Hana, who was that last night?” You asked. Hana looked at you, “Oh. Ahjumma is the one that cares for me. She’s been here with me the whole time I’ve been in the hospital.” You raised an eyebrow, “But, didn’t you say that no one cares for you?” “Yeah.” “So, you lied to unnie?” Hana shook her head, “No, I just forgot about her. I was just so sad yesterday because she was late.”

You softened and her hair, “It’s okay. You’re not lonely anymore now, well, maybe you will.” Hana looked up at you puzzled. You softly smiled, “I’m being discharged today.” “Today?” You nodded. “Already?” “Sorry, but I’ll visit you as often as I can, okay?” “You promise.” You smiled and stuck out your pinky, “Pinky promise.” Hana smiled, laced her pinky with yours, and sealed the promise pressing your thumbs together.

You and Hana giggled. L.Joe smiled at seeing you and Hana smiling together. “L.Joe oppa.” Hana called. “Yes?” “Promise you’ll come and visit me with Tae Hee unnie.” L.Joe chuckled and nodded. Hana stuck out her pinky; L.Joe laced his with hers, and sealed it with their thumbs pressed together. Hana giggled and released L.Joe's pinky.

L.Joe stepped back and held his hand to you. You raised an eyebrow, "What?" "Give me your hand." You shook your head. "Come on. My arm is starting to ache because of you." Again, you shook your head.

In a swift motion, your hand was laced with L.Joe's. You blinked at him surprised. He beamed at you and held up your laced fingers. He turned to Hana and announced, "Your Tae Hee unnie and oppa here are officially together." Hana gasped before clapping happily.

You turned crimson and slapped L.Joe's arm. "Ow. What was that for?" L.Joe frowned rubbing his arm. You rolled your eyes, "You should know why." L.Joe beamed and kissed the back of your hand. "Y-yah." L.Joe chuckled and squeezed your hand.

Hana giggled seeing you and L.Joe interact. You guys were acting like kids at the moment. Suddenly your phone ringed. You and L.Joe stopped bothering each other. You pulled your phone out of your pocket, checked the caller ID, and picked up.

"Yes oppa?" You answered. "I'm here." Yoseob announced on the other line. "Oh okay. I'll be there in a bit. I've got to say goodbye quickly." "Okay. I'll be in the lobby filling out your paperwork." "Okay." You hung up and looked at L.Joe.

"Yoseob hyung?" L.Joe asked. You nodded. "Oppa's here. He's going to fill out the paperwork first. We should get going." You stood up and faced Hana, who looked really sad.

"Aw. Han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter