It's Over

Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When class ended, you packed your things and headed to your locker. You grabbed your music and notebook before heading to the practice room.

While walking to the practice room, your face was buried into your music score playing the rhythm in your head. As you reached the practice room, a figure was standing outside of it.

You looked up and connected your eyebrows at the figure wondering why he was standing outside and not going inside. It wasn’t like you couldn’t use another one, you know.

However, as you got closer, you saw who it was standing outside the practice room.

*L…Joe…?*

It seemed as if L.Joe had heard you call his name in your head that he looked up and blinked blankly at you.

“What…what are you doing here?” You asked frowning standing in front of him. “We need to talk.” He spoke. You knitted your eyebrows, “About what?” “The pictures. You and L. What else?”  L.Joe frowned. “Well, if that’s what you want to talk about then I have nothing to say. I’m leaving.” You spun around and began to walk.

L.Joe followed you and grabbed your wrist turning you back to face him.

“Let me go.” You struggled in L.Joe’s grip, but instead of letting go, he tightened the hold and dragged you into the practice room.

Once in the practice room, L.Joe harshly let go of your wrist and locked the practice room, so you couldn’t escape. You stared at L.Joe bewildered. “Yah!” You shouted clearly anger and annoyed. L.Joe looked at you with an expressionless face.

There was no expression in his eyes. They were blank and dull as if he was lifeless. You swallowed and took a step back. L.Joe stepped towards you. “Why?” He whispered. You frowned with eyebrows connected. “Why?” He asked a little louder. “Why? Why? Why?!” He asked with each step.

Your back hit the large mirror in the front of the practice room. You had no place to escape because L.Joe was already in front of you.

“Why?” He whispered. You swallowed and lifted your chin shakily. “W-why what?” You stuttered. “Why…why were you with L? Is that why you couldn’t hang out with me? Because you were with that bastard?!” L.Joe raged. Your eyes widened. It was the first time you heard L.Joe use profanity and it was surprising.

“L.Joe…” You squeaked. “Why?! Why won’t you answer my question?!” L.Joe asked angrily. “I…I…what does it even matter?!” You suddenly burst. L.Joe blinked in surprise at your outburst. “What don’t you understand?! Are those stupid pictures not clear enough for you?! Huh?!”

Anger was already boiling in L.Joe, but having you shout in his face was making him erupt like a volcano. With anger controlling him, L.Joe grabbed both of your upper arms tightly. It hurt, but you showed no pain.

“What are you going to do, huh? Hurt me? Kill me?” You taunted. L.Joe’s grip on your upper arms tightened more than before. You winced, but quickly composed your expression.

“Why were you with him? What the hell is so good about him that you’d rather be with him than me, huh?” L.Joe asked through clench teeth. “Nothing. There’s nothing-” “If there was nothing then why were you with him?! Why were you with him and not me?! How could you choose him over me?! I’m your boyfriend for goodness sake!” L.Joe interrupted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter