Dance Practice

Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Later on that day, you were making dinner for you and Yoseob when the door bell rang. “Oppa, can you get the door?!” You hollered from the kitchen. “I’m busy right now!” Yoseob answered back.

“Oppa, you lazy bum.” You grumbled, lowering the fire on the stove. You wiped your hands on your apron and proceeded out the kitchen. You pressed the button to open the gates on the speaker pad without checking who it was and the gate clicked open.

A knock was heard at the door a minute later. You stepped over the shoes and opened the door. To your shock, it was Mr. and Mrs. Sukprakob, the two least people you wanted to see at the moment.

You stared at them surprised. “W-what are you guys doing here?” You stammered. “Tae Hee.” Mrs. Sukprakob smiled. You glared at the two of them. “I thought I said that I didn’t want to see you two. You guys don’t belong here, so go away.” You slammed the door before either of them could speak.

You leaned against the door and took a deep breath. Yoseob came down the steps and looked at you. “Who was that?” He asked. You straightened up and shook your head. “No one important.” You answered walking back into the kitchen. Yoseob looked at you then walked into the living room and peered out the window.

There, he saw Mr. and Mrs. Sukprakob leaving. They had these sad expressions on their faces when they closed the gate. Yoseob heaved a long sigh and walked into the kitchen.

“Why did you chase your parents away?” Yoseob asked. You glared at your brother. “They’re not my parents.” “Tae hee, you can’t escape the truth that they’re your parents. You know they are.” You looked away and stared at the pot full of kimchi soup in front of you.

“I know oppa.” You replied softly.

Yoseob softened. “Tae Hee-” “Oppa, let’s not talk about this right now.” You said barely audible.

It was silent.

“Okay, let me help you with dinner.” Yoseob offered. You nodded in response and continued cooking.

It didn’t take long for dinner to be cooked. Yoseob set up the table while you scooped the rice into bowls for the two of you. Once the table was set for the two of you, you guys began to eat.

It was silent throughout dinner.

When you guys finished dinner, Yoseob helped you washed the dishes before you both headed upstairs to your rooms.

“Goodnight Tae Hee.” Yoseob bided. “Goodnight oppa.” You gave your brother a half-heartedly smile before entering your room.

Yoseob stared at your door and sighed. You were sad and yet he couldn’t do anything about it. “Tae Hee, what can I do to make you smile happily again?” He wondered out loud. Then an idea came to him.

He quickly darted into his room and messaged the Beast members.

--------

“Bye oppa, I’ll see you later.” You waved and left. You tightened your hold on your instrument strap and heaved a long sigh.

You were tired again. You couldn’t sleep the night before because your real parents kept popping in your mind every time you close your eyes. You hated them, but yet you longed for them.

“What’s with the long face?” A voice asked. You looked up and noticed that you were already at your practice room and Kai was standing in front of you.

“So, what’s with the long face, huh?” Kai asked again. “Nothing.” You replied opening the door and walking in. Kai followed you in closing the door behind him. “Oh come on, you can’t lie to me. I can clearly see it through your eyes.” Kai urged. “It’s nothing, really.” “Is it…your parents?” Kai asked cautiously.

You took a deep breath and ran your hand through your hair. “I don’t know why they keep coming over. They came over yesterday, but before they could say anything I closed the door on them. I don’t know what to do.” You set your bag and instrument down.

“Why don’t you give them a chance to explain?” Kai suggested. You shook your head. You didn’t even know why you were telling Kai these things, but you didn’t care at the moment. You just had to let out your emotions at the moment.

“I can’t.” You answered. Kai raised his brows, “Why not?” “Kai, they put me up for adoption. When I found out I was adopted, I hated myself. It was the worst feeling ever because it made me feel that I was unwanted. Like they didn’t want me and they threw me away like I was trash, and not their daughter; not their own flesh and blood.” You wiped away a tear that had fallen down.

“But what if they didn’t put your up for adoption? What if it was someone else?” Kai asked. You sighed and shook your head. Then it hit you. Mrs. Sukprakob had said something similar to what Kai just asked.

“We didn’t abandon you. You were put up for adoption without our knowledge and consent.”

You shook your head. No, it couldn’t be. They had to have put you up for adoption. They just had too. There were no excuses. They did put you for adoption no matter what others say. They did and nothing is going to change that. So you tried convincing yourself that.

Kai’s phone ringed causing the both of you to jump a little. He pulled out his phone and answered it. “Oh hyung. Alright, I’m coming.” He hung up and looked at you.

“Just think about it, Tae Hee. If they did put you up for adoption, they wouldn’t have spent their time looking for you, but living their life well.” Kai looked at his phone then back at you. “I’ve got to go or Suho hyung is going to annoy the heck out of me. I just hope you think about it.” With that, Kai left the practice room.

You stared at the door for a bit then sighed. You were sighing a lot lately, but it didn’t matter because it was the only way to vent out your frustration without making a big deal.

--------

“Where were you yesterday? You didn’t show up and I was scared something happened. Did something happen?” L.Joe bombarded you when you reached the skyway.

You squeezed your eyes and let out a small sigh. Boy, were you sighing again.

“Nothing happened yesterday. I just-” You faltered not knowing what to say. Did you want to tell him that you had cried and accidently fell asleep in Kai’s arms? No, that was a bad idea because who knew what L.Joe could do when both of them were fighting for your heart.

“I just, you know, I didn’t feel well so I stayed home.” You lied. L.Joe’s eyes widen. “Are you okay now? You shouldn’t be at school if you aren’t feeling well. It’s best-” “I’m fine L.Joe. I’m not a baby anymore. I can take care of myself, you know.” You chided cutting him off. “But still, you should get some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter