Demand for the truth

Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You had lesson with Mr. Jang as usual, but you weren’t really focused while playing which caused you to mess up a lot.

“Okay, let’s stop.” Mr. Jang said gently. You stopped and took your viola off your shoulder with a sigh.

“Tae Hee,” Mr. Jang called. “Yes?” You blinked at him. “Is everything alright? You don’t seem to be into the music.” “Oh. Nothing’s wrong, I’m just tired.” You half lied.

Mr. Jang nodded, “If you say so.” You nodded with a meek smile. “Alright, let’s start back where the melody was.”

You lifted your instrument onto your shoulder and began to play from the beginning.

After lesson ended, you packed up your things and headed to your next class. While walking in the halls, students were glancing your way, girls glaring of course. Once you finally made it to class, you heaved a sigh of relief, settling in your seat. You set your viola on the ground and leaned your head against the table.

Suddenly, you felt something hit your head lightly. You lifted up your head and looked around. There were a handful of students in the room. You glanced down at your table and noticed a crumbled paper ball.

*What is this?* you thought.

You glanced around and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. You looked down at the paper ball in your hand. You began to open it. Once it was fully opened, you read the one word that was written in black: .

You felt a pang in your chest. This wasn’t the first time you were called a , but since this was a different situation; it was more effective than it should have been.

Tears were starting to form in your eyes, but you blinked them away. You crumbled up the paper and squeezed it tight.

Then you felt a presence next to you. You turned to left and found Ricky. He wasn’t looking at you, but unpacking his things instead. You bite your lip and swallowed.

*Is he also angry at me? He should know me well enough to know I wouldn’t cheat on L.Joe, right?*

Ricky turned and made eye contact with you. Your eyes rounded and a little gasp left your lips before you broke the eye contact.

Students started to pile into class. They threw glances your way before sitting in their seat. You shifted uncomfortable in your seat as you felt their stares.

“Are you okay?” Ricky asked quietly. You glanced sideway at Ricky and answered, “Yeah…I guess.” He nodded.

The teacher came in and class started. Throughout class, you felt students glaring and glancing at you. It was very uncomfortable.

“Just ignore them.” Ricky whispered. You glanced at him and nodded slightly. “You didn’t cheat on L.Joe hyung, right?” He suddenly asked. Now, instead of glancing at him, you turned your head to him and blinked at him, “What?” “Did you really cheat of L.Joe hyung?” Ricky rephrased his question.

“How could I cheat on him?” You hissed getting a little annoyed. “But the pictures.” He quickly defended. You rolled your eyes, “Yeah believe that crap and not me.” “Tae Hee, I didn’t-” “I don’t care; I don’t want to hear it anymore.” You said lowly turning back to the front.

Ricky heaved a dejected sigh and ran a hand through his brown hair. He cursed under his breath making sure you couldn’t hear.

As class went on, you ignored Ricky. He tried speaking to you, but you just kept quiet and acted as if he wasn’t there.

Before you knew it, class was already over. You quickly packed up and dashed out the door.

“Tae Hee!” Ricky called quickly following you. You groaned inwardly, but kept walking.

“Tae Hee!” Ricky breathed catching up with you. You glanced at Ricky, but continued walking. “Can we talk? I mean, at least let me understand what actually happened.”

You stopped a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter