A Shocking Performance part 2

Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The music professor came in and instructed everyone to get ready. The concert is going to start in ten minutes. There was a list to who went first during the concert.

First year students always performed first then second years and so on. It was first year student orchestra, second year, and so on. First year student quartet, second year, and so on.  It continued that pattern and then there was a twenty minute break. After the break, the concert will continue on with solos from each year.  

Throughout the performances, your vision blurred, and it was getting worse each time. During one of the first year orchestra piece, you lost track to where you were, but quickly recovered it. Sadly, the professor saw, so she had a little talk with you after the orchestra performance.

"Tae Hee, are you okay?" She asked. "Oh. I'm okay." You smiled weakly. "Are you sure? You look pale." You shook your head in dismissal. "No, I'm fine. I'm sure of it." "Okay...but if you're not then tell me, okay?" "I will." The professor patted your arm and left.

You heaved an exhausted sigh and went back into the room to grab your viola. You plucked your strings to make sure they were still in tune and to your luck, they were. You smiled and began to pluck your solo. While you were plucking, Mr. Jang came into the room looking for you.

He spotted you in the back of the room, so he proceeded towards you. "Tae Hee," Mr. Jang called. You looked up and smiled at him. "Oh. Annyeong-hasaeyo Mr. Jang." You bowed. Mr. Jang smiled. "Are you ready for your solo?" "Yes, although I'm kind of nervous." You admitted sheepishly. Mr. Jang chuckled and patted your shoulder. "I'm sure you'll do fine. All the practicing that you've done, you'll do fine."

You nodded unsure. "I hope so." "I'm sure you'll do fine, but I'm worried for you. Are you feeling okay?" You looked at Mr. Jang confused. "I mean, I was watching the first year orchestra and I noticed that you messed up and you didn't look good. Is everything okay?" "Oh. Yeah, everything is fine. I think the lights caught me off guard." Mr. Jang nodded. "Well, I hope you do well. Good luck." "Thank you." You bowed. Mr. Jang nodded and left.

You went back to plucking when your vision blurred again. You stumbled a couple of steps but kept your balance. You blinked a couple of times to get rid of your blurry vision and it disappeared. You lightly shook your head. *I'm starting to hate this blurry vision. It's getting in the way. I hope it doesn't affect my solo.*

-------

"Yeobo, our Tae Hee is doing really well, isn't she?" Your mom said to your dad, who nodded. "That's right. Our Tae Hee has practiced really hard for this concert." Your dad smiled. "Umma, appa, Tae Hee is always wonderful in her performances." Yoseob stated. "Aigoo, our son would know because you guys always sing and play together. Aigoo." Your mom patted Yoseob's hand. Yoseob chuckled.

"My baby is always beautiful and perfect." Dongwoon smiled. Yoseob nudged Dongwoon. "Ah, hyung." "Don't talk about my baby sister like that." "What? I didn't even say anything bad about her. I was complimenting her." "Still, shut it."

Dongwoon pouted but kept his mouth shut. The other members snickered as Dongwoon misery.

-------

"Hyung, isn't Tae Hee good?" Sungjong asked happily. The older boys looked over at Sungjong with blank expressions. Sungjong blinked at them confused. "What?" "Good? My beautiful lady is wonderful!" Woohyun chimed loudly. "Aish." Sunggyu covered Woohyun's mouth. Woohyun pried off Sunggyu's hand. "Yah, what was that for?" Woohyun hissed. "You're so loud. It's embarrassing." Sunggyu snapped quietly. "So? I have to express my love for my lovely beautiful lady." "Aish." Sunggyu pushed Woohyun's head. Woohyun pouted.

"You know, she is quite breath taking." Hoya stated. The members looked at him in disbelief. Hoya blinked at them confused, "What?" L snickered, "Yah, tomboy is not breath taking. She's...she's..." "She's what hyung?" Sungjong asked with an evil smirk. "She's...aish, never mind." L crossed his arms and faced the stage.

The other members looked at him weirdly but shrugged it off. Well, all but one, Sungjong, who had started to get suspicious about his hyung.

-------

"Wow. Just wow." Chunji whispered. "Hyung, you know Tae Hee hasn't even performed her solo yet." Ricky reminded his hyung. "It doesn't matter. Did you not see her there? She looked beautiful like a freaking goddess. I think I'm in love." Chunji placed a hand over his heart and sank in the seat.

"Hyung, you're disgusting." Changjo mumbled. "Yah, maknae, I heard that." Chunji straightened up and pointed a finger at Changjo, who coolly shrugged. CAP shook his head at their childish acts.

L.Joe turned to halmoni Lee and whispered, "Halmoni, how are you liking it so far?" Halmoni Lee turned to L.Joe and smiled, "I love it. I haven't been to a real orchestra concert in so long." L.Joe smiled and nodded. "I can't wait to see Tae Hee do her solo." All L.Joe could do was nod.

------

"Why is this taking forever? Why can't they just go back to the concert?" Sehun groaned. "You have to wait. They do these break so that people don't fall asleep." Suho explained. "But I don't like waiting." "Well, too bad, you have to." Baekhyun taunted. "Hyung~" Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter