Merry Christmas part 1

Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You slept through the night without waking up. Your parents were there with you the whole night. The boys already went home and so did halmoni Lee.

When you finally woke up, it was noon and you still felt weak. You didn’t recognize where you were and what happened was kind of a blur.

Your mom came in and saw that you were awake. “Tae Hee-ah,” she called rushing to your side. “How are you feeling? Are you hungry? Did you want something?” You weakly shook your head as you slowly sat up. She helped you sit up.

“Umma, where am I?” You asked looking around. “Sweetie, you’re at the hospital. You fainted, remember?” You thought about it then slowly nodded. The concert came back to you. You remembered feeling dizzy, blurry vision, playing your solo, and fainting afterwards.

“Omo. Umma,” you gasped. “Yes?” “Umma, what happened to the concert? Did I ruin it for everyone?” Your mom came and sat down next to you. She grabbed your hands and patted them, “Don’t worry about the concert. It went perfectly well. Everyone was shock that you fainted, but don’t worry about it.” You heaved a sigh of relief.

“Tae Hee-ah,” “Hmm?” “Yesterday…there was a lot of boys that came to see how you were doing.” You blinked at your mom completely confused. “I didn’t know you had so many friends that were…boys.”

Then it snapped into your mind. You made an ‘o’ face then shrugged. “Yeah, I guess you can say that.” “Do they all…like you?” Your eyes rounded at the question, “Umma!” “What? I’m just asking a question.” “Umma, they are only friends not more, not less, okay?” “Okay, I get it. Goodness, I didn’t know my daughter could be this loud.” “Umma!”

Your mom giggled, “You should eat something because you haven’t eaten or slept that’s why you fainted.” She laid out the food that she made. You watched her lay out the food with hungry eyes. Once she was done, you dug into the food.

“Mm. Umma, your cooking…is the best!” You beamed with a mouthful of soup. “Arasso, Arasso. Don’t eat too fast, you might coke. Drink some water.” Your mom poured you a cup of water, that you accepted.

In the middle of eating, a knock came at the door. You and your mom looked up then at each other. “Come in.” Your mom called. The door clicked open and close.

“Umma, I brought you some- Tae Hee!” You looked up at your brother. Yoseob quickly ran over to you and gave you a bear hug. You dropped your spoon.

“You’re awake. I was so worried about you.” Then he pulled away, held your shoulder, and looked your eyes. “How could you not eat and sleep properly for that whole week? Did you ever think that you would have gotten sick or something?” You looked at your tray in shame, “Sorry.”

Your mom patted Yoseob’s shoulder telling him to calm down. “I’ll go get the nurse.” With that, your mom left you and Yoseob alone. It was silent between the two of you.

“Oppa-” “Tae Hee-” You and Yoseob started. “Tae Hee, you go first.” You took a deep breath, “Oppa, I’m sorry for making you and everyone else worry about me. All I thought about was how perfect the performance had to be. I'm sorry.” Yoseob shook his head, “I know how it feels like. You don’t have to apologize, but just don’t do it again. It scared the crap out of everyone.”

You giggled, "Alright, I won't..” Yoseob smiled and ruffled your hair. Then your mom, the doctor, and a nurse came in. The doctor did a little check on you before he left.

“Thank you.” You, Yoseob, and your mom bowed. The doctor bowed and left.

Your mom turned back to you and smiled, which you returned. “Where’s appa? I haven’t seen him.” You asked. “Your appa is working the café today.” She replied. You nodded in understanding. “Are Beast oppas working too?” Your mom and Yoseob nodded.

“Today’s Christmas eve, if you don’t remember.” Yoseob stated. “If today’s Christmas Eve then…” You gasped. “Tomorrow’s Christmas!” Yoseob nodded. You groaned in frustration. “Something wrong about Christmas?” Your mom asked. You shook your head. “Then what is it?" Yoseob asked. “I didn’t get to buy presents!” You pouted.

Yoseob and your mom made an ‘o’ face then nodded. “You can give it to them after Christmas. It’s not too late then.” Your mom suggested. “I don’t know, I feel bad now and I have to spend Christmas in the hospital too. This .” You crossed your arms and frowned.

“Well then, maybe you should have ate properly and slept.” Yoseob said. You stuck out your tongue at Yoseob.

“Okay you two. Yoseob-ah, let’s let Tae Hee rest.” Your mom said. “Yes umma.” Yoseob replied. “We’ll be back. We have to go help your appa with the café and when we close, we’ll come back, okay?” You nodded. “Alright, take care and call the nurse if you need anything.” “Yes umma.” Your mom smiled, kissed the top of your head, and left. Yoseob ruffled your hair and followed your mom.

You watched Yoseob leave, once the door click close, you grew bored. You pulled the blanket off and slowly swung your legs over the edge of the bed. You rapidly stood up causing you to fall to the ground.

“Tae Hee, I’m- Tae Hee!” Ricky quickly ran to your side. You looked up at Ricky and gave him a soft smile, “Ricky…” “Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Ricky bombarded you with questions. “Ricky, I’m fine. Now, can you help me up?” Ricky paused for a second before helping you up onto your feet.

“Gomawo.” You thanked. Ricky grunted in response. He helped you sit on your bed. You looked at your best friend in curiosity, “Ricky,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter