Merry Christmas part 2

Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the partying continued, you started to get bored. It wasn’t that you weren’t having fun, but you couldn’t do anything. All you did was sit on your bed, eat, and talk. You wanted to move around or something, so like a ninja, you slipped out of the room. You wrapped your shawl around you and walked down the hall. You didn’t know where to go since you couldn’t go outside because of the cold weather, so you just walked until you spotted a little girl.

You proceeded towards her. Once you were next to her, you crouch down next to her. She looked up at you and you noticed that she was crying. You softened and asked, “What’s wrong? Did someone bully you?” She shook her head. “Did something happen?” This time, she nodded her head.

“Would you like to tell unnie about it?” Without another second, she hugged you and sobbed. You hugged her back and patted her back for comfort, “Don't cry. Everything’s going to be okay.” “Unnie…nobody loves…me…everyone…hates me.” She said between sobs. “Don’t say that. I like you.” The little girl continued to sob into your arms. You held onto her tightly.

After five minutes of crying, the little girl finally stopped. She sniffed and wiped away her tears. You smiled and softly patted her head. She looked up at you and smiled, “Gomawo unnie.” “No need, you don’t have to thank me. So, what are you doing out here? It’s cold.” You said examining the little girl. She looked down and sighed.

“I ran away.” She admitted. “Ran away?” You asked. She nodded. “Why would you run away?” “Nobody loves me. Everyone hates me. I have no friends.” “That’s not true. Don’t say such things. What would your parents think if they hear you say that?” “I don’t have parents.” She said in a small sad voice.

“Omo.” You covered your mouth. “I'm sorry, I didn’t know.” She looked up at you, smiled, and shook her head, “no, its okay.” “Can you tell me why you ran away?” She sighed, “Because nobody cares about me. I’ve been in the hospital for my whole life and nobody visits me except the doctor and nurses. I want to run away. I don’t want to be here anymore.” She sniffed and wiped away tears that had fallen.

You wrapped your arms around your knees and nodded, “I don’t like being here either. It’s boring and I don’t get to do anything.” The little girl nodded. You rested your head on your arms and faced her, “But, I didn’t run away. Unnie here has a loving family, but she was adopted.” The little girl looked at you baffled.

You nodded, “Yup, I was adopted when I was only six months old. I’m just like you; I don’t know my real parents. They’re probably out there somewhere not caring whether I exist or not.” “Unnie.” You smiled and looked at the little girl, “We’re the same.” She smiled and nodded. You giggled and patted her head.

“What’s your name?” You asked. “Oh Hana.” Hana replied. “That’s a pretty name.” “Gomawo. Unnie, what’s your name?” “Tae Hee?” A voice asked before you could answer.

You and Hana looked up. Your eyes rounded in surprise, “L-L.Joe.” He smiled and walked towards you. You stood up with Hana standing next to you. She clanged onto you.

“How…how did you know I was here?” You asked. “I followed you. I saw you leaving the room so I followed you.” L.Joe replied. You nodded then turned to look at Hana. You bent down to her height, “Hana, this is a good friend of mines. He’s really nice. He’s your oppa.” “Oppa?” Hana asked uncertain. You smiled and nodded.

You looked up at L.Joe and smiled, “L.Joe, this is Hana. I just met her.” L.Joe smiled and bent down to Hana’s height, “Hi Hana, I’m L.Joe so you can call me L.Joe oppa, okay?” Hana looked at you unsure, but you nodded in assurance. She looked back at L.Joe, who was still smiling warmly at her. She smiled at him, “L.Joe…oppa…” “Aigoo. There you go.” L.Joe ruffled her hair.

Hana giggled, “L.Joe oppa.” You smiled at the sight in front of you. Hana was giggling while L.Joe ruffled her hair. “Unnie.” Hana called. “Oh?” “Unnie, is L.Joe oppa your boyfriend?” “What?” You and L.Joe looked at each other for a brief moment.

Hana giggled, “Unnie and oppa looks good together.” “N-no, L.Joe isn’t my boyfriend.” You said waving your hands. *If only you knew Tae Hee* L.Joe thought. Hana pouted, “That’s too bad. Unnie, if you don’t want L.Joe oppa then, can I have him?”

L.Joe laughed and ruffled Hana’s hair, “Look at you. If you want to be with me then you have to grow up some more and not run away, okay?” “Okay, I won’t run away anymore.” Hana beamed happily.

L.Joe patted Hana’s head, “That’s a good girl.” “Hana-ah." You called. Hana and L.Joe looked your way. “Yes unnie?” “Where’s your room?” “Just around the corner.” “Eh. That’s not far from my room. Maybe I can visit you some time.” Hana nodded, “Really? Unnie, I would love that!” “I’ll visit you then.” “Really? You’re not lying?” “I’m not lying. I promise you, I’ll visit you.” You held out your pinky. Hana laced her pinky with yours and locked the promise pressing her thumb against yours.

Hana beamed at you happily, which you returned. “Hana-ah." L.Joe called. “Yes oppa?” “Hana-ah! Where are you?!” A voice called. “Oh!” Hana looked up and around. You and L.Joe looked at each other confused. “Hana! Hana-ah!” The voice called again.

A figure came around the corner and cut short when she saw you, L.Joe and Hana. “Hana!” she hugged the little girl and sighed in relief. “Hana, I thought I lost you. Aigoo, how did you get here?” The older woman pulled away and looked at the younger girl. “Ahjumma.” Hana called. “I’m glad you’re safe. I wouldn’t know what I would do if you weren’t safe.”

"Ahjumma." Hana croaked. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" The older woman asked Hana, who shook her head. "No, unnie helped cheer me up." Hana pointed to you. The older woman looked your way and bowed, "Thank you so much."

You waved your hands and shook your head, "It's nothing, I just found her here, so I comforted her. I didn't do anything." "Still, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter