Happiness with a side of heartache

Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When you arrived home, your parents hugged you for their dear life. “Aigoo. You must be tired.” Your mom pulled away and examined you. “I’m fine umma. Don’t worry about me.” You assured. “Yeah, say that when you just discharge from the hospital.” Yoseob smartly stated. “Oppa!” Yoseob shrugged, “I’m just staying the fact.” You slapped Yoseob’s arm. “Ow! That hurts! No wonder people say you’re a tomboy.” “OPPA!”

Yoseob’s eyes widen, “Oh crap. The beast has been released.” “What?!” “Nothing.” You narrowed your eyes and rotated your jaw, “Oppa, when I catch you, I’ll murder you.” “What?!” Yoseob turned to your mom, “Umma, did you hear that? Tae Hee said she’s going to murder me. Stop her umma. I can’t die yet.” Your mom shrugged, “Sorry but you led her to it.” Yoseob gasped, “Umma!”

Your mom innocently smiled, “I’ll leave you two alone. Tae Hee remember to get some rest.” “Oh.” You replied with your eyes still on Yoseob. Your mom giggled and headed to her room.

“Umma~” Yoseob wailed. “Oppa, I’ll count to three. If you don’t run, I can’t promise you anything.” You crossed your arms. “Y-yah. I’m your oppa, how are you going to hurt me?” You shrugged, “Not my fault.” “Yah!” “One…” “You wouldn’t even dare.” “Two…” “Tae Hee, come on. I’m your oppa.” “…Three!” You lunged towards Yoseob. “WAH~!” Yoseob ran away as fast as possible.

You chased Yoseob for about twenty minutes before you grew tired and stopped chasing him.

“Oppa…you’re…so annoying.” You said between breaths. “Shut…up.” Yoseob snapped breathless.

You guys were sitting outside on steps in the front yard, breathing hard. Yoseob recovered first and looked at you, “Gosh. I feel so bad for L.Joe. You’re a tough cookie.” You snapped your head towards your brother and glared at him. “Don’t give me that deadly look. I’m just stating my opinion.” “Well, guess what.” “Hmm?” “No one wants to hear your dumb opinion.”

Yoseob raised an amused eyebrow, “I wouldn’t say that if I was you.” You eyed Yoseob suspiciously, “And why’s that?” Yoseob mischievously smiled and shrugged. You rolled your eyes, stood up, and rubbed your arms, “Well, I’m cold and tired so I’m going inside. Don’t get sick.”

You opened the door and stepped inside. Yoseob quickly stood up and followed you, “Me too!”

----

L.Joe was sitting on his bed, holding your late Christmas present. He opened it and looked at  it. a grin appeared on his face, “I hope you like it.” He closed the box and looked at his clock. It read one p.m.. “Well, I better go practice with the guys.”

He stood up, put the box away, grabbed his jacket, and headed out. Before leaving his room, he looked back to where your present was and smiled.

----

The next morning, you woke up early. You couldn’t get much sleep last night due to your excitement about your date with L.Joe. It actually surprised you that you couldn’t keep L.Joe out of your mind.

You took a shower and wore your robe. You looked inside your closet for something nice to wear. Which was really difficult because never in your life did this happen.

“Ugh.” You groaned for the umpteenth time. “Why can’t I find something to wear?!” You plunked on the edge of your bed and kicked your legs in the air like a child. “This is so freaking frustrating!”

There came a knock at your door. You looked over at it and furrowed your eyebrows. You stood up and opened the door.

“Shut up, will you?” Yoseob frowned when the door opened. “Why are you so noisy at seven in the morning?” You frowned, “Okay, I’ll shut up. Now, go away.” Yoseob began to walk away, but only stopped and send you a ‘you-better-keep-quiet’ look. You rolled your eyes and motioned for him to go away.

When Yoseob was far enough, you closed your door. “Stupid oppa, always so cranky in the morning, not my fault you stayed up late with Beast oppas practicing.” You mumbled grumpily before walking towards you closet again.

----

BEEP. BEEP.

“Ugh! L.Joe, turn off your alarm!” Chunji snapped throwing a pillow in L.Joe’s direction. L.Joe groaned and turned to his side. He searched for his phone.

“TURN IT OFF!” Chunji wailed placing his pillow over his head. L.Joe scowled, sat up, and searched for his phone. He lifted up his pillow and found his phone. He quickly turned off his alarm and checked the time. It was seven fifty a.m. “Oh crap!” L.Joe quickly stumbled out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

He had totally forgotten about your date together. He and Teen Top practiced until three a.m. before being able to sleep.

Chunji pulled his pillow off and looked at the door, “What’s wrong with him? Oh well. More sleep for me~”

----

You stood in front of the mirror and looked at yourself. You smiled happily, “This looks better.”

After trying on clothes and shoes, you finally decided what to wear. You wore a long grey sleeve, a dark blue sweater, skinny jeans, and a white scarf.

“I can’t believe I spent two hours looking for something to wear. I should have thought about this earlier. Gosh, I’m slow.”

Suddenly your phone beeped, indicating a new message.

'Good morning! ^^ Rise & Shine. You didn’t forget our date, right?' -L.Joe

You smiled at the message.

'Good morning to you too. You seem very bright. Lol. Of course I didn’t forget out date. Who do you think I am?' -Tae Hee

A quick reply came back.

'My lovely girlfriend of course! :D hehe. Why wouldn’t I be bright & happy? I get to see you. (;' -L.Joe

You turned a light shade of pink from the message. “Oh gosh. How cheesy can he get?”

'Okay, cheesy boy, I get it. :p' -Tae Hee

'Hehe. I can’t wait to see you~' -L.Joe

“Wow. I never knew he had this side of him.” You mumbled. You quickly replied back before locking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter