If only you knew my feelings for you

If you asked me to

 

“Oppa, it’s amazing, right? You’re childhood friend and the chef is the one behind Sweet Nothings.” Jieun happily bounced in her seat. “Yeah.” Jaejoong coldly replied. “I’ll drop by their shop some time. You wanna come oppa?” Jieun happily said again. “I’m busy with the company.” Jaejoong focused on his drive. “That’s the reason why you don’t have a girlfriend up until now.” Jieun pouted at him. He ignored his sister and fixed his eyes in front of him.

 

The next day, Hyemi was at her shop busy with orders. “What happened last night Hyemi?” Minji suddenly asked as she prepares an icing. “Is Minji’s guess correct?” Mica also asked. “Nope, she wasn’t. It was just some coping up between the adults.” Hyemi replied as she whips the eggs. “Did your father’s friend bring his family?” Mica asked again. “Yeah. He has two children, Jaejoong and Jieun. Jieun is a fan of our shop. She adores our sweet potato cake.” Hyemi replied. “Is Jaejoong handsome?” Minji curiously asked. Hyemi thought about it. She didn’t notice much. But as far as she remembers, Jaejoong is indeed handsome. “He is.” “Oh really? Do you like him?” Minji snoopingly asked. “What’s with the question? I just met him yesterday. Who would like a person that easily??” Hyemi said as she left Minji who was still looking at her. “Oh, this is a first. You like a person that’s been introduced to you.” She still . “That’s a different case. Our meeting was for other reason.” Hyemi rolled her eyes off at her friend. “Speaking of, Claire said your favorite customer is outside.” Mica said as she went back to her work. She smiled as she realized who it was. “Why don’t you try to talk to him, Hyemi? Don’t just look at him afar. A small chitchat is good.” Mica encouragingly said to her. “Someone is happy.” Minji again.

Hyemi decided to follow what Mica said. She left the kitchen and went to the dining area. A big smile plastered on her face. “Annyeong Choi Seung hyun.” Hyemi said when she saw him sitting alone. “Having breakfast here again?”  “Yeah, no one cooks for me at home so that’s why I’m here. Besides, the food tastes great.” Seung hyun flashed his smile at her which always took her breath away. “Really? That’s too bad. Anyway, enjoy your stay here and I hope you like the food.” Hyemi was about to go back when he called her. “Hyemi.” “Yeah?” She curiously looked at him with surprise on her face. “Can you please accompany me here? If you’re not that busy...” He pleadingly looked at her which she found it hard to resist. “Okay, sure. I haven’t taken my breakfast too.” She then sat in front of him. “Oh Gina, tell Michi and Mica to take over. I’ll just talk with a friend here.” The waitress nodded and went inside the kitchen.

“So how’s our architect now a days?” She asked as she sipped her hot chocolate. “Same old.  Our company recently merged with the Kim Corp. We’re developing a new project so it’s a mess at office. That’s why I always drop by here to have a peace of mind.” He said as he smiled at her. “Well, that’s a good thing. I hope you continue to patronage our shop.” Hyemi smiled back. “So Hyemi, how’s the life of our pastry chef?” He asked back at her. “Same old, same old. Busy with my shop.” She replied back. “Don’t you have a boyfriend?” He casually asked as he took a bite of his sandwich. Hyemi was caught off guard by the question. Her heart beat fast upon hearing it. “I don’t have one.” she shyly said. “Really? You’re beautiful, kind and successful. I wonder why you don’t have one.” Seung hyun curiously asked.  She blushed upon hearing his compliment. “I don’t really know. Maybe I’m just too busy to go out on dates.” She shyly replied. Deep inside her, she was thinking of something else. “If only you knew my feelings for you.” “Maybe you’re too picky with boys.” He accusingly looked at her. “Anniyo. I’m just waiting for you.” She seriously said then laughed afterwards also. “Don’t joke like that. I might believe you.” He said which made Hyemi blush. “How about you? Do you have a girlfriend?’’ She asked him too. “Nope. I’m just mingling with different people. Haven’t found the right girl yet.” He said. “So you’re the picky one here not me.” She teasingly said. “Not that, I just want the next girl to be the one. I’m getting tired of failed relationships, that’s why.” Hyemi was silent upon hearing that. She just smiled at him. “Thanks for keeping me company. I’m sure I have been a disturbance for you. Don’t worry I’ll pay you back.” He smiled as he stood from his seat. “No, it’s okay. I’m glad you’re a fan of our shop.” She smiled back at him. “Here’s my card. You can beep me if you need something. A date, a friend or something; just call me. Annyeong.” He handed his card to her then went on his way. Hyemi went back inside the kitchen with a huge grin on her face.

“Spill!” Mica and Minji said to her as she went back. “Nothing. We just talked about some stuffs.” Hyemi said as she washed her hands. “About?” Minji said still waiting for her to say something. “About work…” Minji and Mica was still looking at her; not satisfied with her answer. “Okay fine. He asked if I was still single.” The two squealed like teenagers upon hearing her. “What did you say!?!” “Of course, I said I don’t have one. I asked him too and he said he also doesn’t have.” The girls squealed again. “Omo! Now is your time girl! Get your groove on! Now is the time to pursue your crush girl!” Minji happily said. “You’ve been crushing on him since our college days. And it’s been what? Years! It’s now or never!” Mica also said. “Take this opportunity. Invite him out since he has already given you his number.” Minji eyed the card at Hyemi’s pocket. “Okay. Okay. I’ll keep that in mind. Let’s go back to our work. We have a big wedding cake to do.” She said as she head back to her work.

Unnie, are you done with your work?” Jiyeon asked as she went inside Hyemi’s office. “Yes, why are you asking?” “I came here to ask help from you. Can you accompany me at the mall today?” Jiyeon pleaded. “If it’s just for shopping then no.” She said as she removes her uniform. “No unnie. It’s for my project. I have to design an office according to the client’s taste. I need your help on this. I can’t decide.” She then showed her a file to her. Hyemi read it through and got an answer afterwards. “I know what you needed. Just treat me to a pizza parlor later on.” “Thank you unnie.” Jiyeon happily hugged her sister.

They just finished with shopping for Jiyeon’s project and they we’re heading to the pizza parlor. As they were about to enter, they notice Jieun sitting alone.

“Oh Jieun, you’re here.” Jiyeon said as she went towards her. “Oh Annyeong!” she bowed to them. “Are you here alone?” Hyemi asked. “I was going to meet up with Jaejoong oppa but he still has a meeting. That’s why I’m here alone.” she replied. “Oh! Do you want us to accompany you here?” Jiyeon suddenly asked. “Oh sure! I would love that. Come take a seat.” The two then got a seat. “Jieun, do you also study at Seoul University?” Jiyeon asked as she ate her dessert. “Yeah, do you study there too?” Jieun asked back at her. “Yep, I’m majoring in Interior Design. How about you?” Jiyeon happily said. “I’m in Fashion design.” Jieun said. “Omo! We’re in the same building. How come we don’t bump with each other?” She asked again. “I don’t know too.”

“I have to leave you girls. There’s an important customer in the shop. I have to go back early.” Hyemi then stood up from her seat. “Annyeong Jieun. It was nice hanging out with you.” “Jiyeon, I’ll go now. Tell eomma, I went back to the shop, okay?” She then waved and left.

“I really admire Hyemi unnie. She’s really focused on her work. It’s obvious that she really loves her craft.” Jieun said as she looked at her retreating back. “Unnie really loves her shop. Our relatives didn’t want her to study Culinary because they said it’s just a waste of money. But she fought for it. She said she didn’t want to handle our family’s business. She wants to start on her own.” Jiyeon explained. “Really? I wonder how she handles her business and also her personal life.” She looked puzzled. “Personal life? She only spends it with us, her colleagues and her high school friends; especially our nieces. She loves children very much.” Jiyeon replied which made Jieun more puzzled. “That’s all? You mean she doesn’t have a love life? Not even suitors?” Jieun asked again. “None. She haven’t got any boyfriends ever since.” Jiyeon replied her question. Jieun got more interested with her. “Really? Interesting. Jaejoong oppa also didn’t have any girlfriends at all. Many people are very bewildered why he still doesn’t have; especially with his good looks and successful life. I also wonder about that too.” Jieun and Jiyeon were baffled by their siblings. Suddenly, an idea came to their mind. “Since they are both loveless and are already successful with their chosen fields...” Jiyeon started. Jieun cut her off by finishing her sentence. “Why don’t we set them up on a blind date??” “That’s a great idea, let’s plan ahead.” Jiyeon happily said; excitement can be seen in their eyes.

 

Meanwhile, at the Lee residence…

“Is it really, okay?” Mrs. Kim asked the elders of the Lee family. “Of course, it’s okay with us.” Mrs. Lee said as she lightly hugged the other woman. “I’ll just have to talk with my parents and also our family about that. Don’t worry we’ll accept you.” Mr. Lee also said. “Thank you. You don’t know how much we yearn for a grandchild from him.” Mr. Kim gratefully said. “Does that mean we’ll have a wedding to prepare?” Mrs. Kim excitedly said. “Oh! I’m so excited!” Mrs. Lee happily said as she clapped her hands.

 

I wonder what would Jaejoong and Hyemi’s reaction be when they learned their family’s plan. What would happen now that Hyemi’s chance with her long-time crush has finally arrived?

Find out next chapter. Thank you for all of my subscribers. Comments are very much loved.  :)

@helianthusannuuss: Thank you for subscribing. I hope you continue to comment on this fic

@shawol03: I really made this different from the other arranged marriage fic, so that it has that new twist.