Chapter 13

If you asked me to

 

“What are you going to say Seunghyun oppa? That you have to call at this hour.” Hyemi replied.

“Well, I’m going to ask another favor from you if it isn’t too much.”Seunhyun asked which Hyemi replied immediately.

“Oh! Sure! What is it?” She asked with a smile on her face.

“I was invited to go at a friend’s concert showcase and I’m thinking if you could accompany me on that day. I can’t find someone who would come with me so I thought about you. If you weren’t busy on that day.”Hyemi smiled brightly as she heard what he just said.

“Of course I would anything for you Seungyun!!!!”She thought inside her head.

“Uhm… When would it be coz I have to check my schedule first?” She asked as she hides her giggle.

“The day after tomorrow. Is it okay?”Seunghyun asked again.

“Oh it’s Friday right? Okay I’ll come.” Hyemi happily replied again.

“Okay! Thank you! See you on Friday, Hyemi.” Seunghyun said as he hung up.

Hyemi on the other hand was in high spirits after the call. “Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!” She screamed as she hid face in the pillow. She then drifted off into deep slumber with a smile plastered on her face.

 

The next day, Hyemi was still cheery because of last night. Of course it didn’t escape her friends notice.

“So why is Chef Hyemi happy today?” Mica asked as soon as Hyemi stepped inside the pantry. “Huh? Nothing. I just woke up in good mood today.” She said as she concealed her happiness.

“Spill the beans Hyemi. You were not in a good mood these past few days. We know something happened to you.” Minji also said as she blocks Hyemi from avoiding them.

“Okay. Okay. I’ll say it.” Hyemi replied as she put her hands up in surrender. “Seunghyun called me last night.” She said as she closed her eyes waiting for her friends to squeal which, in fact, they did.

“Omooooo!!!! What happened??” Mica happily asked. “He called me last night and asked me to accompany him to the concert showcase that he was invited to.” Hyemi blushed as she remembers last night. “Go girl! Now is really your time!!!” Minji also yelped. “You should dress well and prettify yourself!! So that his jaws would drop when he sees you.”

“By any chance, do you know whose concert it is?” Mica asked suddenly. Hyemi shook her head. “I forgot to ask Seunghyun oppa. He just said it was a friend.” “I wonder who is that person is. Maybe he is popular here. Do you guys know an idol/singer that has a showcase this Friday?” Minji asked their crew. All of them shook their head. But then someone spoke up.

“She’s not an idol/singer. But I think its Tiffany.” One of their crew said.

“Tiffany?” The three of them said at the same time. “Yes. It’s Tiffany Hwang. She’s a known pianist here in Korea. I heard from my brother that she’ll have a concert tomorrow to showcase her talent for International musical directors. She wants to broaden her popularity outside of Korea.” The crew said again then went back on her job.

“Hmmm. So she’s the friend of Seunghyun.” Minji said. “Her name sounds familiar.”

“Ah! She’s also a former schoolmate. She’s one of the popular kids in the Music Department.” Mica suddenly said. “She’s the pianist on one of the plays Hyemi starred in school.” Minji said again. “I remember. She was in Music Club. It was when Theater Arts Club joined with Music Club for the spring play.” Hyemi replied. “So she’s the friend.”

 

They were back working again when Inna came inside the pantry. “Chef Hyemi. A handsome looking guy is outside. He said he wants to talk to you.”

“A handsome guy?” Mica asked as she looked at Hyemi who was also curious.

“Is it Seunghyun?” Hyemi asked too. Inna shook her head. “Siwon?” Minji asked too. Inna shook her head again. “It’s the first time I actually saw his face.” Inna replied which made the three more curious.

“Who could it be?” Hyemi said as she took off her apron. The other two followed behind and just observed from the door.

“He’s sitting over there.” Inna then gestured at the table on the corner. The guy’s back was on her and he was staring out the window. Hyemi then went towards him.

“Excuse me. I heard you were looking for me.” She was then startled upon seeing the person. It turned out to be Jaejoong. “Oh Jaejoong-sshi. It’s you. What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to ask something. Please take a seat first.” Jaejoong gestured for her to seat in his front. Hyemi then obliged. “What is it that you want to ask?”

“I’m sorry for disturbing you but I want to know if you’re free tomorrow. I want to discuss something with you.” Jaejoong suddenly said. “It’s Friday right? Uhm… I can’t. I have to go somewhere tomorrow. How about some other day?” Hyemi answered. Jaejoong then realized something. “Oh right! I forgot I’m going somewhere too. So maybe on Saturday?”

“Saturday sounds okay with me. See you then.” They were then interrupted by the waitress. “Here’s your order sir.” She then handed a box of cake. “Thank you.” He smiled back and the waitress then went back.

“It’s for Jieun. I know she would love it if I brought her sweet potato cake from here.” He said to her. Hyemi smiled and remembered something. “Wait! I’ll just get something.”

She then returned with a box on her hand. “Bring this also. It’s our new product here. Peach-mango pie glazed with almonds.”

“Oh Khamsamnida.” He smiled as he gets the box. “I’ll leave now so that you could continue with your work.”

“Okay. Take Care. Say hi to your parents and Jieun for me.” She said as she they walk towards the door. “Oh okay. I will.” He was about to go out when Hyemi suddenly called him.

“Oh by the way Jaejoong, Lauren and Dayoung want me to remind you about your date with them. They want me to ask you so that you won’t forget it.” She said as she was nervous for she saw the same smile again. “Oh! Good thing you reminded me. Let’s just meet with them on Saturday after we talked.”

“Okay sure. Annyeong!” She waved goodbye. Jaejoong also did the same and Hyemi then went back inside the pantry.

“So it was Jaejoong. He sure is handsome.” Mica said while she pours icing on the cake. “He’s not a bad catch after all.” Minji also teased. Hyemi just shrugged them off and went back to her work.

“Maybe you two will end up in the end.” Mica said which stopped Hyemi. “Yah Mica! Stop speculating. Your words might come true again.” Hyemi told her. Mica and Minji just laughed. “Oh! We hope so.”

 

OMO!! Jaejoong, Hyemi, Tiffany and Seunghyun will finally see each other! Can you say AWKWARD!? What would happen in the Concert?

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!