Chapter 16

If you asked me to

 

Hyemi went out and searched for Jaejoong. She then saw him slumped at the driver’s seat. She sighed and went towards him.

“Jaejoong-sshi.” She said to him. Jaejoong was surprised by her.

“Are you okay?” Hyemi asked again. “Yep, I’m okay. Why wouldn’t I be?” He said as he started his car but he can’t put the key in it. He tried and tried but he still can’t.

“Jaejoong.” Hyemi said again. “I’m okay.” He tried again but to no avail, he still can’t.

“Move to the passenger seat.” Hyemi ordered. Jaejoong was shocked by her. “Move to the passenger seat. I can’t let you drive like this.” She said again. Jaejoong then followed her and moved to the other side. Hyemi fastened his seatbelt and called Jieun before driving away.

“Yoboseo?”Jieun said after the first ring.

“Jieun-ah. It’s me Hyemi.”

“Oh! Unnie! What made you call?”

“I have to ask something. Will you tell me your address?”

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

“I’m going to drive Jaejoong home. He’s drunk as of this moment.”

“Omo! Really? Why? Is he alright?”

“He is. Well, it’s just that we celebrated for Tiffany’s show success and he drank too much.” Hyemi lied. She doesn’t want to reveal the ordeal to others. She knew Jaejoong wouldn’t want that also. Jieun then said the direction in which Hyemi followed.

 

While driving, Jaejoong was talking non-sense. “Hyemi, you’re such a nice person. Maybe that’s the reason why my parents want me to marry you.” Hyemi just smiled in return and didn’t mind him.

“You’re not a bad catch after all. Maybe I really should marry you. Let’s go get married.” He said again while they were at the stoplight. This startled Hyemi.

“Jaejoong-sshi. Don’t talk nonsense while you’re drunk. You might regret it later on.” She replied but then she found Jaejoong was already asleep.

After a while, she heard Jaejoong mumbling in his sleep.

“Tiffany…. Marry me please… Not Seunghyun… Please….” She then saw a teardrop on the side of his right eye. Somehow, she got an idea why he’s like that and she pities him.

 

After a few minutes, they arrived at the Kim’s house.

“Jaejoong-sshi. We’re already here.” She said as she wakes him up. But Jaejoong didn’t respond. She then tried to wake him up again. “Jaejoong.”

Hyemi sighed as she grabbed the keys and went out. She then opened the door on the other side and assisted Jaejoong. All of a sudden, Jieun came out of the house.

“Oh! Unnie. Let me help you.” She also assisted Jaejoong. She then wrinkled her nose upon smelling him. “Oppa, why did you drink too much?”

 

They went inside the house and let Jaejoong lay on the bed. Hyemi then removed his shoes.

“Oh unnie! I’m so embarrassed for what oppa did. I’m sorry for the hassle.” Jieun said as she felt ashamed of seeing Hyemi do that for his brother.

“It’s okay. Plus I was the one who initiated to drive him home. I was just concerned that he might get into an accident or something.” Hyemi replied. “By the way, when he wakes up, let him eat chicken soup it will calm down his stomach. He might suffer hangover in the morning.”

“Okay unnie. Thank you again.” Jieun happily said.

 

Before they could leave Jae’s room, Mr. and Mrs. Kim entered.

“Jieun,ah. Who was the visitor the maid said? And what happened to your oppa?” Mrs. Kim said but was suddenly astounded by Hyemi’s presence.

“Oh! Hyemi-sshi. What are you doing here?” Mrs. Kim asked as she smiled at her.

“Unnie dropped off oppa here. Jae oppa was too drunk.” Jieun said as she gestured to Jaejoong who was sleeping soundly on his bed.

“Oh really? It was a very nice gesture of you. I’m sorry if he bothered you.” Mrs. Kim said as she felt ashamed.

“It’s okay Mrs. Kim. Jaejoong got too drunk while we were eating out with Tiffany and the others. I was concerned that he might not drive safely.” Hyemi politely replied.

“Oh! I’m glad Tiffany got the part. But are you friends with her?” Mrs. Kim asked again.

“I was actually asked by another friend.” Hyemi replied. “How are you going home, Hyemi? We can ask our driver to take you home.” Mr. Kim suddenly said.

“Oh it’s okay Mr.Kim. My friends will fetch me here.” Hyemi said. They then heard honking outside the house.

“Oh, maybe it’s your friends. We’ll walk you outside.” Mrs. Kim said. They all went out and saw Hyemi’s friends Mica and Minji waiting inside the car.

“I’ll be going now Mr. Kim. Mrs. Kim. Jieun.” She said as she smiled at them.

“Don’t call me Mrs. Kim anymore. You can call me Aunt Jinri.” Mrs. Kim replied.

“Okay Aunt Jinri. I’ll be going home now.” Hyemi said then faced Jieun. “Don’t forget to give Jaejoong chicken soup when he wakes up. It will take care of the hang-over. It would warm his tummy. And also make him take Tylenol for his headache.”

“Okay unnie. Khamsamnida. Take Care.” Jieun greeted back.

“It was nice seeing you.” Hyemi said to them which earned a huge grin from Kim family.

 

“I hope she’ll be part of our family soon.” Mrs. Kim said as they still look back at the retreating car.

“I hope too eomma.” Jieun also said.

 

The next morning Jaejoong woke up with a terrible headache. Jieun and Mrs. Kim entered his room.

“So the drunkard is now awake.” Mrs. Kim said to her son. She then handed pain-reliever to him. “Don’t drink too much. It’s embarrassing to Hyemi that she has to drive you all the way here.”

Jaejoong, who was drinking his medicine, got shocked. “Hyemi?”

 

I wonder what Jaejoong would think of Hyemi once he knew what she had done for him. Will it change his point about the whole marriage thing? Find out next chapter!  ^^

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!