Chapter 10

If you asked me to

 

It was Wednesday afternoon and Hyemi was in her apartment taking her off when her doorbell rang. “Yoboseo?” She said over the monitor. “Aunt Hyemi!!!” Lauren waved over the monitor while Jiyeon was carrying her. “Unnie!!!! Open the door!!!” Jiyeon also shrieked out. “I also want to see Aunt Hyemi.” Dayoung was heard in the background. Hyemi laughed at them and hurriedly went to the door.

“Lauren!! Dayoungie!!!” She squealed upon meeting her nieces which she hasn’t seen for days. “I super duper miss you.” She then embraced the two which made them happy. “Come on in.”

“Yah unnie! Aren’t you also happy to see me!?” Jiyeon complained as she entered. Hyemi just shook her head. “Arasso! Arasso! I’ll just leave.” She said as she retreats which earned a laugh from Hyemi. “Yah Jiyeon! I was just kidding! Of course, I miss you! No one’s been bugging me for 3 days.”

“Any way, you’re just in time. I just made a sample of our new offer. Its peach-mango pie glazed with almonds.” She then went to the kitchen and prepared the food. She then came back with foods in tow. “Of course, I wouldn’t forget. Here is strawberry milk for Lauren and warmed milk for Dayoungie.” The two girls were then delighted upon looking at it. “You can watch Pororo while eating. Aunt Jiyeon and I are just going to talk.” She then opened the TV and went to the dining area with her sister.

“So, how’s eomma and appa?” She then asked her sister. “They were sad when you left without saying anything and you were not leaving back messages and call nor visiting our house. The house hasn’t been the same without you. Donghae oppa and Yoona unnie had to move back to the house so that eomma could be entertained by Dayoung and Lauren.” Jiyeon seriously said which made Hyemi worried.

“I want to cool things first. I just have to think things through. I want to point out that I’m no longer a child and I don’t want them to dictate my life.” She reasoned out. “But don’t you think it’s too much?” Jiyeon persuaded again. “Did you come here to visit me or to make me change my mind?” Hyemi said as she eyed her sister.

“I’m here to make you understand why they did that you. I don’t want you to think they’re evil persons plotting bad plans to ruin your happiness. You know that they really want you to be happy. They want you to have a family of your own to spend your life with. Sooner or later you will also have to get married. It’s just that they’ve found a perfect match for you. You should understand them too.” Jiyeon explained back. “You should talk to eomma and appa. You’ll know that they are just doing what’s good for you.” Hyemi was silent after that. She knows it in her heart that her parents are doing something good for her. It’s just that she can’t accept the fact that she’s going to be married to a guy she barely knew.

 

The girls spent few hours at Hyemi’s apartment. “Who wants spaghetti and ice cream!?!” Jiyeon squealed at the girls. Dayoung and Lauren happily raised their hands. “Aunt Hyemi will treat us outside for dinner, right unnie?” She then looked at her sister who was surprised by what she said. “Aunt Hyemi, Let’s eat outside. I want to eat lasagna.” Lauren tugged at her side. “Me too!” Dayoung also followed her older sister. “Unnie, the little girls wants to eat out.” Jiyeon teasingly said to Hyemi. “Arasso! Arasso! We’ll eat out today!” She said as she grabbed her purse. “But I’ll only treat the kids. You’re too old to be treated, Jiyeon.” Jiyeon sulked behind. “Yah! I can pay on my won if you want to.”

 

They were eating out at an Italian restaurant when Jiyeon excused herself.

“Oh unnie! I’m going at the supplies store just a block away from here. I will buy some things I need for my class tomorrow. I’ll come back after I’m done.” She said as she stood up from her seat. “Dayoungie, Lauren, I’ll come after I buy something, okay?” The two nodded their head as they still enjoy their food. Jiyeon then hurriedly left.

“Dayoung, you have a sauce here.” Hyemi said as she wipes it off her niece’s face. “Aunt Hyemi, let’s go buy a cotton candy afterwards.” Lauren also said to her. “But we already ordered ice cream. You might get a toothache afterwards.” Hyemi replied in concern. “Please, aunt Hyemi.” Lauren and Dayoung pleaded. “Okay but I will only get one for you to share each, okay?” The two children were in cheerful mode afterwards. “Aunt Hyemi is the best.” Lauren happily sang as she ate her food.

 

They didn’t know someone recognized her. “Hyemi. Lee Hyemi. Is that you?”

Hyemi looked back and saw a familiar person. “Oh! Changmin! Annyeong! It’s nice to see you.” She greeted back. “Are you also eating here?” “Yeah, my friends and I are about to eat here. I recognized you and your nieces upon entering.” He then smiled at the two who were startled by him. “Dayoung. Lauren. Say hi.” Hyemi said to the two. “Annyeong.” They both bowed to him. Changmin greeted back.

“By the way, these are my friends, Yunho and Junsu.” He said as he gestured towards the other two who were mesmerized by her. “Annyeong.” She bowed to them. The other two also bowed back. “You’re the brain child of Sweet Escape, right?” Yunho suddenly said. “Yes, I am. My friends and I is behind it.” She politely replied.

“Can we join you girls?” Changmin suddenly said to them. Hyemi smiled at them. “Oh sure, you can.” “Is it okay Lauren? Dayoung?” Yunho said to the two children which nodded in response.

“By the way, we’re friends with Jaejoong. I heard the news about you two.” Junsu said after taking a seat. “Oh.” It was all the reaction that Hyemi made. “And he’s about to go here too. Is that okay?” Changmin said with a worried tone. “Oh it’s okay. I don’t have a bad blood with him anyway.” She replied.

“Aunt Hyemi, is Uncle Jaejoong coming? I want to see him.” Lauren suddenly said to her. “Me too!” Dayoung happily said. “They said he’ll come so you’ll probably see him.” Hyemi smiled at the two. “For a second there, I thought they’re your daughters. They’re so adorable.” Yunho happily said as he looked at the two. “Khamsamnida! They’re my elder brother’s daughter.” Hyemi happily looked at her nieces.

“Oh! Here’s uncle Jaejoong!” Changmin said as he looked at him entering the shop. Jaejoong, on the other hand, was surprise upon seeing his friends with Hyemi. Hyemi was feeling nervous upon seeing him. She then remembered what her friends told her, “But don’t you think you’ve hurt his feelings too? He might think you walked out because you don’t like him as a husband.”

“What should I do?” Hyemi said to herself as soon as Jaejoong was coming up to them.

 

Omo! Can you say AWKWARD!? How would this dinner turn out to be? :)

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!