Chapter 22 (re-uploaded)

If you asked me to

 

“Jaejoong, where did you place the ring? You should give to Hyemi.” Mrs. Kim said as soon as Jaejoong entered the house.

“She agreed to do it?” He asked back to his mother.

“Yes, she did. We were talking about cancelling the marriage but then out of the blue she said she would finally approve to it.” Mrs. Kim happily replied. Jaejoong was distressed upon hearing the “good news”. He doesn’t know what to do now that Tiffany had asked him to wait for her. Now that everything seems to fall into places, the marriage is now brought up again.

“You give me an impression that you’re not happy with it.” Mrs. Kim said upon observing her son.

“Eomma, what if…” Jaejoong said but his mom stopped him. “Kim Jaejoong! I don’t want to hear what you want to say. The marriage is going to push through no matter what. I’ve already told them you’re agreeing to this matter. I don’t want to trouble Lee family because of you.”

“But eomma, I don’t want to…” Jaejoong tried to reason again but his mother opposed him. “Jaejoong! I don’t want to hear any complain from you again. You’ve already said yes and there’s no turning back. You know you don’t want me to get mad. So are we clear on this?” Jaejoong had nothing to do but go along with the plan even if it means he had to spare his own happiness.

“Good. I’m glad we’re on the same page again.” Mrs. Kim smiled sweetly to her son. “We’ll go to Lee’s house before lunch to finally give the engagement ring. Mrs. Lee would also check-out from the hospital today so we have to go there. Be prepared, okay?” She then caressed his face “I’m so happy my only son is now getting married.” She uttered before she happily went to her room.

Jaejoong was left speechless by the sudden turn of the events. He went to his room feeling very uneasy. He took a shower and prepared himself. He then went toward his drawer and got the box with the ring. He meant to give to Tiffany but she rejected it. She offered it to Hyemi this time but she left without responding. He thought she rejected it. Now that there’s a greater chance that Tiffany would finally accept it; here comes Hyemi suddenly agreeing to the marriage. This made everything more complicated to him. There was then a knock on his door.

“Oppa, eomma said we have to go now.” Jieun said as she opened the door. She then noticed her brother looking baffled as he eyed the ring. She then went in and sat beside her brother.“Oppa. Are you still puzzled?”

Jaejoong then nodded his head. “I know how much you love Tiffany unnie. And I know I’m no place to say this, but I think you should let her go. You’ve loved her for years but she doesn’t notice it. I think you should just shift your feelings towards others; towards Hyemi unnie. I know you can tell how pleasant and lovely she is. She is good for you. Something might change with two years and Tiffany unnie might get back with a boyfriend in tow. I don’t want you to experience that hurt again.” Jieun said which struck Jaejoong. “As you can see, eomma and appa are very happy with it. This is the first time I saw them ecstatic like that. Oppa, I hope you would give this marriage a shot.”

 There was a knock on the door again. “We have to go now.” Mrs. Kim said as she opened the door. Jieun looked at her brother before going out the room. Jaejoong followed after contemplating on things.

 

“Uncle Jaejoong!!!” Dayoung and Lauren screamed as they saw him. Jaejoong’s mood then lightened upon seeing them. “How are you kids?”

“We’re fine. Dayoung and I were happy when appa said you will come today.” Lauren happily said. “Uncle Jaejoong, Uncle Mir said you and Aunt Hyemi are going to be married. Is that true?” Dayoung asked. Jaejoong was silent with that.

“Let’s go. The food is already prepared.” Mrs. Lee called out. They all went towards the dining room and happily ate their food.

After a few hours, they were then gathered at the living room.

“Hyemi’s birthday is just around the corner. And since Jaejoong and Hyemi’s marriage will now push through, we will announce their engagement on her birthday.” Mr. Lee said with a toast. All of them joined in the toast. Hyemi and Jaejoong, on the other hand, were fidgety about the matter.

The others then sat with Jaejoong and Hyemi to discuss about the marriage preparation.

“Qri will take care of the engagement party and the wedding so we need not worry about the matter.” Mrs. Lee said to Mrs. Kim. 

“I’ll make sure Hyemi, Jaejoong and everyone will be astonished with the whole wedding. It will be the talk of the town.” Qri happily asserted.

“I hope there wouldn’t be reporters on this one. I want the engagement and the we… wedding to be a private matter.” Hyemi interrupted.

“But honey, Jaejoong is the only son and heir of Kim Corp and you’re the eldest daughter of our household many sectors will be curious especially the business industry. We also want to share this good news to them.” Her mother reasoned out.

“You can just give official pictures. This is just what I request. I hope you will consider it.” Hyemi uttered.

“How about you Jaejoong?” Mrs. Lee said to him. “I agree with her.” He just stated. “Okay then, we’ll just have our official photographers to take pictures. I will just send it to concerned parties.” Qri voiced.

“Well then who would compose your entourage?” Mishil asked the two of them. “Jiyeon, Suzy should be there on the list. How about your friends, Hyemi?” Mrs. Lee asked her daughter. “Just put Minji and Mica.” She replied with less enthusiasm.

“Jae’s groom’s men will be Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin. Right my dear?” Mrs. Kim asked her son which just nodded in return. “Should we put Seunghyun on the list? Since he’s a family friend and you’re in a project together.”

“No!!” Hyemi and Jaejoong both voiced out which surprised the others. “Okay. We’ll just invite them on the occasion itself.” Mrs. Kim just stated.

“Okay then our Dayoungie and Lauren will be the flower girls while Mavin and Mason will be the ring bearers.” Qri said as she scribbles down her notes.

“So what would be the color motif of the wedding?” Qri asked again. Hyemi and Jaejoong weren’t responding.

“What colors would it be?” She asked again. “Anything.” Hyemi just replied.

“We can just use Violet and Apple Green since its Hyemi’s favorite colors. Is it okay?” Mrs. Lee said to avoid the awkward atmosphere from the two. “That would be fine.” Mrs. Kim also agreed.

“Well then. I’ll just finalize this and also contact my suppliers. I guess the cake will just be ordered from Sweet Escape. I’ll just asked our couple here when I needed their participation on some matters, okay?” Qri stated which the two just nodded in response. “Okay then. Excuse me first while I contact my staffs.” She then stood up and got on her phone.

“You should notify your friends about this. Inform Siwon, Gyuri and Hara about your engagement and wedding especially Nicole. She’ll fly all the way from L.A so you have to let her know as early as possible.” Mrs. Lee instructed her daughter. Okay was just the reply she got from Hyemi.

“How about you Jaejoong? You should inform Tiffany about this too since she’s your childhood friend.” Mrs. Kim also said to Jaejoong which didn’t like the idea. “You don’t have to mom. She’s busy with training.”

“But all of your friends will be there except her. She might feel left out. She might have time to excuse herself and fly here all the way from New York.” Mrs. Kim reasoned again.

“I told you don’t need to.” Jaejoong then stood up from his seat and walked away.

“I’m sorry for that. He might still be sad because she just left this morning. All of them were so close since they were little kids.” Mrs. Kim excused her son for his action. “It’s okay. I know what he’s feeling.” Mrs. Lee replied. “Hyemi was also like that when Nicole left to go to L.A”

“Are you okay, Hyemi?” Mishil suddenly asked her niece who was just silent throughout the time. “I’m okay.” Hyemi assured but the truth is she’s not. As much as she wants to up a happy face, she can’t. Deep inside her heart, she’s still not keen with the whole idea. She’s just doing it for the sake of her parent’s and Kim’s happiness.

 

Omo! Both of them aren’t ecstatic with the whole idea? Will this engagement & wedding turn out great like what Qri said? Stay tuned and find out next chapter.

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!

I've uploaded Chapter 22 again because of the current glitch in the system. The previous one isn't showing also your comments laong with that chapter was also gone. :(  So feel free to SHARE YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS again. I will upload Chapter 23 also.   ^^