Chapter 35

If you asked me to

 

Hyemi woke up from sleep and found the spot next to hers is empty. She wondered where he was but then she’s still sleepy so she didn’t bother to get out of bed. Just then she heard her stomach grumble. She ignored it at first but it grumbled again. “Why am I feeling hungry all of a sudden?” She said as she rubbed her stomach.

“Oh. I forgot I didn’t eat last night.” Just then she remembered something. “Omo! What happened to the food last night? Was it spoilt? Did Bongsun unnie store it? Or did Jaejoong eat it?” She then sat straight. She was about to head downstairs when she noticed her clothing.

“Weird. It’s not mine.” She then studies it. “Hmm. It’s Jaejoong’s. But why am I wearing this?” She was recalling what happened last night when she heard the door opened. So she pretended to be asleep again.

 

Jaejoong noticed her still asleep so he carefully went towards the bed. He placed something at the bed and then sat beside Hyemi. “Hyemi.” He uttered as he softly touches her arm so as to wake her. “Hyemi.”

On the other hand, Hyemi pretended as if she just woke up. “Oh Jaejoong. What’s wrong? Are we late?”

“Nope, it’s weekend today. I have no work for today.” Jaejoong replied. “By the way, I made you this.” He then gestured at the tray near her. It was filled with breakfast.

“Is that for me?” Hyemi asked in awe. Jaejoong nodded his head and placed it nearer to Hyemi. “I cooked it for you. I know you’re hungry right now.” Just as he said that Hyemi’s tummy grumbled again.

“Mianhe.” Hyemi shyly said. “But you’re right. I’m really hungry.” She grabbed the fork and started eating it. “I’m really hungry maybe because I didn’t eat last night; waiting for you.” She stopped when she uttered the last sentence.

Jaejoong looked at her. “I’m sorry if I kept you waiting last night. I didn’t know you came home early and that you’re waiting for me. You should have informed me that you cooked dinner so that I can…”

Before he could finish his sentence, Hyemi interrupted. “No it’s okay. I know it’s my fault too since I didn’t sent you a message.” Hyemi smiled in assurance. “By the way, have you eaten your breakfast?”

“Not yet. I just delivered yours here.” Jaejoong answered. He was about to stand up when Hyemi pulled him. “You can eat here with me. I don’t want eat alone. Here.” She handed him the fork.  Jaejoong accepted it and ate with her.

“Thank you for the food. It was really delicious. I was surprise you were a good cook.” Hyemi remarked after they were done eating.

“I lived alone in Tokyo for two years. I was studying business there and so I had to learn household chores.” Jaejoong explained.

“Really? I also lived in Italy for three months but…” Hyemi felt silent after; like she remembered something that pained her. “Any way, since you’re the one who cooked this, I’m going to take this downstairs.” Hyemi then got out the bed and brought the tray downstairs. Unknown to her, Jaejoong noticed the change in her expression. “I wonder what’s bothering her.”

 

“Hyemi. Let me get that.” Bongsun said as she hurriedly went to Hyemi and got the tray from her.

“Did you sleep well last night? Why were you sleeping at the couch upstairs?” Bongsun asked with concern as she washes the dishes.

“I was reading a book while I wait for him. I didn’t notice I was already asleep.” Hyemi replied as she sits on one of the bar stools. “Uhm… unnie, what happened to the food I prepared last night? Was it spoilt?”

“Jaejoong came home and saw what you’ve prepared. He asked me to reheat and ate it. I already told him you’re asleep. Maybe he didn’t want to disturb you in sleep.” Bongsun explained. “He even carried you to bed.”

“Really? Omo! It’s shameful he have bothered to carry me. I hope I wasn’t too heavy for him.” Hyemi uttered. Just then she remembered something. “But unnie you’re the one who changed my clothes, right?” Bongsun thought first. “Anniyo. I thought you woke up and changed.”

“I didn’t. If that’s the case then…” She clapped upon realizing it. “Otteoke!” Bongsun was surprised upon seeing Hyemi panicked. “What’s wrong Hyemi?”

“Jaejoong was the one who changed my clothes!” She answered as she buries her face in her own hands. “I wish the earth would swallow me alive right now.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that. You’re already married. He’s your husband Hyemi.” Bongsun remarked.

“I know unnie but we’re not in that level yet.” Hyemi explained. “Well. One day soon you will. So don’t think about it anyway. And I know Jaejoong, he’s a gentleman. He won’t take advantage of you.” Bongsun then went on with her work.

 

Hyemi weakly went to the living room. She’s still shock of what happened. “Otteoke! First the dream and now this?! Omo!!” Hyemi then buried her face in the pillow and stayed for a few more minutes. “How can I face him now?”

Just then their phone rang. Hyemi stood up and answered it. “Yoboseo?”

“Hyemi. It’s your eomma.” Mrs. Kim said over the phone.

“Oh eomma. I’m glad you called. How are you there? Is abeoji , okay? How about Ji-eun?”


“We’re fine. We’re fine. How about you? Did you like the house? Are you and Jaejoong getting along?”

“We’re okay eomma. Don’t worry. And thank you for the house. I really love it.”

“Oh. I’m glad to hear that. By the way, are you going somewhere today?”

“I have an appointment later but I can cancel. Why do you ask?”

“I just want you to have lunch with us today. We want to spend time with you also. We haven’t had that since your wedding.”

“Arasso eomma. I’m going to tell Jaejoong. See you later.”

“Okay. See you.” The line was off. Hyemi went upstairs; forgetting what has been bothering her a few minutes ago.

“Jaejoong, your eomma…” She was shocked upon seeing Jaejoong -; revealing everything to her. “Omo!”  Hyemi hurriedly blocked her eyes with her hands and closed it. She then turned her back to him.

Jaejoong was also shocked so he hurriedly covered his self with his towel. “Sorry about that. I was looking for my boxers when my towel fell off and then you entered.”

“Your mother asked if we can eat lunch at your house.” Hyemi answered still facing the door. “It’s okay with me. I don’t have anything to do today.” Jaejoong answered.

“Uhm. Okay. I’ll go wash up so that we can head to your house right away.” Hyemi went straight to the bathroom without looking at Jaejoong. She hurriedly gets inside and locked it. “It was a close call.” She shook her head as she removes the memory of Jaejoong’s body.

Jaejoong also felt ashamed as to what happened so he hurriedly changed and went downstairs before it felt more awkward for the two of them.

 

“Jae. Hyemi. I’m glad you swing by. I missed you.” Mrs. Kim hugged the both of them. “How are you guys doing? I hope Jaejoong’s not giving you a hard time.” Mr. Kim also said.

“Anniyo abeoji. It’s all okay.” Hyemi smiled in assurance. “Well, that’s good. I’m glad everything is fine.” Mrs. Kim also said.

“By the way, I have presents for you. I bought it back in Bali.” Hyemi said and handed it to her.

“Thank you my dear.” Mrs. Kim gratefully answered. “Let’s go to the garden. Let’s eat our lunch there.”

“By the way, where is Ji-eun?” Hyemi asked as she looked around.

“She’s upstairs. She would join us anytime soon.” Mrs. Kim answered. After they were settled with their seats, Ji-eun joined them.

“Oh unnie. Oppa! I’m glad you’re here.” She said as she kissed the both of them. “You look more beautiful unnie. Is it because of your marriage?”

“I hope oppa isn’t a headache.” She continued. Jaejoong just scoffed off with her remark. “Anniyo. We’re fine.” Hyemi replied. Just then the foods were served. Hyemi noticed it was all seafood. Jaejoong also noticed it and remembered she’s allergic to it.

“Why Hyemi? Is everything wrong? Don’t you like the food?” Mr. Kim asked when he noticed her uneasiness.

“No, it’s okay. I love prawns.” Hyemi smiled in assurance as she placed some on her plate. She was about to peel it when Jaejoong got her plate and exchanged it with his.

“Oh. It’s okay. I’m fine.” She said as she tried to get back her plate. “No. I already peeled some for you. You might get allergy with it.” Jaejoong reasoned.

“You have allergy, Hyemi? You should have told us. We could’ve cooked another dish.” Mrs. Kim said with full of concern.

“I’m fine eomonim. My allergy just comes out when I touches one.” Hyemi explained. “Besides, I really love prawns.” She then started eating. Jaejoong would get prawns and peeled off the shells and gave it Hyemi. The Kims were very happy seeing the two of them.

“So Hyemi, Jaejoong. Are we expecting a grandchild soon?” Mr. Kim suddenly asked which caught the two couple off-guard.

“Abeoji.” Jaejoong uttered. Hyemi just smiled at them. “What? We’re just excited to have little children running around here in our house.” Mr. Kim uttered.

“Don’t worry my dear. I went to a fortune-teller, the one where I always go to. She said we’ll have our first grandchild this year. Let’s not think about it too much. I trust her anyways. She predicted Jaejoong will marry a beautiful daughter of a family friend.” Mrs. Kim remarked.

“If that’s the case, then I’m also excited. Finally, I’m going to be an aunt.” Ji-eun excitingly said. Jaejoong just shook his head with disbelief while Hyemi blushed at the topic.

“Oh by the way, Jeajoong’s cousin will arrive next next week. They’re very close with each other since they were children. I hope you would meet too.” Mrs. Kim suddenly uttered.

“Okay emeonim. Message me if his cousin will arrive so that I can prepare food.” Hyemi remarked.

 

After their lunch, Jaejoong got a phone call. “What do you want know, Yoochun?” He retorted over the phone.

“Is that the new way to greet your friend?”

“You’re not yet forgiven from the last time.”

“Relax. I’m just here to relay a message. Yunho’s inviting us next week for a weekend over their house at Jeollanam-do. Bring Hyemi too. ”

“What if I don’t want?”

“You have no choice. I bet he had informed her already. He’s probably talking to her now.” Jaejoong looked back and saw Hyemi also talking to someone on the phone. “Fine.”

“Arasso. See you in the office.” Yoochun then hanged up first.  Jaejoong then went towards Hyemi. “Yunho invited us for the weekend.”

“Oh really? I’m finishing my entire task before the weekend so that I can come along.” Hyemi happily replied.

“If you’re too busy, we can cancel.” Jaejoong remarked. “Anniyo. It’s okay. I love going out of town.” Hyemi excitingly answered.

“By the way, aren’t you talking with Yunho a while ago?” Jaejoong asked out of the blue.

“Anni. It was Donghae oppa and Yoona unnie. They were asking if….” Hyemi then noticed the change in Jaejoong’s expression. “Is there something wrong?”

“Nothing.” Jaejoong lied. “Aish. Jinja. He’s really a sly. I wonder what Yoochun’s plan is now. Whatever it is, I shouldn’t let Hyemi alone with him.”

 

“There they are.” Ji-eun remarked as she saw the two of them. She was approaching the couple when her mother pulled her inside. “Don’t disturb them. Look they’re talking with each other.”

“Oh. I really hope the fortune teller is right. I’m excited to have nephews/nieces.” Ji-eun replied. “But eomma, if you decided to also fixed me into a marriage, please not a person like oppa.”

“Why? Your brother is a good person. He’s kind of cold in the outside but he’s really a warm and loving person.” Mrs. Kim replied.

“Your right.” Ji-eun uttered as they observe Hyemi and Jaejoong still in their conversation.
 

 

Yay! Another sweet moment between the two of them. ^^ Jaejoong and Hyemi are indeed falling for each other. I want to wake up with a breakfast made by Jaejoong! Hahaha. I bet it was too awkward when Hyemi walked into Jaejoong.

I wonder what Yunho and Yoochun’s plan is. Do you have an idea? ,  don’t forget to COMMENT and SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS and SUGGESTIONS. Khamsamnida! ^^