Chapter 33

If you asked me to

 

“Close your eyes. No peeking, arasso? We want to see the surprised look on your faces.” Mrs. Lee said as they placed their hands; blocking the couple’s view. Jaejoong and Hyemi didn’t complain and went on with their mothers’ plan.

“Ta-da!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed as they removed their hands. Jaejoong and Hyemi looked around the interior. “Omo. It’s beautiful.” Hyemi bowed gratefully to the two; who were also happy with her reaction.

Jaejoong was silent as he still looks around. The house interior had modern furniture but still exudes that homey vibe. The living room has a fireplace with their flat screen atop. Across it, is the dining room and then their kitchen.

“It has the modern appeal that you like Jaejoong while not looking not too much out of the glossy magazine that Hyemi prefers.” Mrs. Kim remarked.

“How many rooms does it have?” Jaejoong suddenly asked.

“It has one bedroom here.” Mrs. Kim gestured towards a small hallway near the stairs. “And there are three upstairs; including your room, Master’s Bedroom.”

“But don’t you think there are too many rooms considering there’s just the two of us living here?” Hyemi also inquired.

“About the rooms upstairs, you may need in the future; for your kids.” Mrs. Lee smiled along with Mrs. Kim. “And the spare one here is for your guests who might stay overnight.”

“And you’ll have a house help, Bongsun. She’s working with us back at our house but I decided you might need her here. Another help will come every weekend to do laundry.” Mrs. Kim then called out Bongsun.

“Annyeong Mr. and Mrs. Kim. I’m Shin Bongsun, your house help. If you need anything, I’m just here.” Bongsun said as she bowed.

“You’re older than me, right?” Hyemi curiously asked.

“Neh.” Bongsun nodded.

“Can I call you unnie?” Hyemi asked again. This surprised Bongsun. “It’s alright ma’am. But is it okay?” She then looked at Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Kim for assurance. They just nodded their head.

“Of course, and just call me Hyemi. I’m more comfortable with that. And also don’t be too formal, let’s just treat each other like friends, unnie.” Hyemi smiled at her which warmed Bongsun. “Arasso ma’am. I mean Hyemi.”

Jaejoong then went upstairs. “Is it okay with him?” Mrs. Lee asked her friend.

“Yes, if he’s not making any remark then it means he likes it.” Mrs. Kim assured.

“We’ll leave you two now to relax. We’ll just drop by some other time for your housewarming.” Mrs. Lee then hugged her.

“Call us if you need anything honey.” Mrs. Kim also hugged her.

“Arasso eomma. Take Care.” Hyemi walked them out. After a while, she went back inside and noticed it was similar to her dream house. Actually, it’s really close enough to her dream house.

“Eomma looked at my inspiration board again.” She sighed as she went inside. She went to the kitchen and looked inside the fridge. “It’s not been stocked.”

“Bongsun unnie.” Hyemi voiced out. She went and looked for Bongsun.

“Yes ma’am. I mean Hyemi.” Bongsun said as she emerged through a door near the kitchen.

“Oh unnie. Let’s do a list of things we need. Let’s go shop for grocery. And also tell me what you need like your toiletries.” Hyemi then got a notepad and pen and started listing. After a while, they were done.

“I’ll just ask Jaejoong then let’s go.” Hyemi then went upstairs. There’s a sitting area with a book shelf across it is the veranda. It was really like what she planned her house to look like. She looked through the doors and finally found the master’s bedroom.

“Jaejoong?” She said as she went inside. “Jaejoong?” She looked around but she can’t see him. She was about to open the bathroom door when Jaejoong went outside.

“Omo!” She shrieked out. Jaejoong just looked at her.

“Uhm. I’m going out with Bongsun unnie to buy groceries. Do you want anything?” She asked.

“Nope. I’m okay.” Jaejoong went through his luggage and took out his clothes and dumped in on the hamper.

“Okay. Just send me a message if you want something.” Hyemi smiled and went out the door.

 

“Just try Jaejoong. Give this marriage a shot.” Junsu’s voice kept ringing on his ears.

“What else can I do?” He sighed as he looks at his picture of Tiffany on his phone. “I wonder how she is doing now.” He looked out the window and was staring from afar.

After a while, Jaejoong heard the doorbell.

“She sure shops too fast.” He remarked as he went down the stairs.  The doorbell kept on ringing which irritated Jaejoong. He looked through the monitor and saw his friends. Changmin was playing with the camera. He went near it as his nose was focused.

“Hyung. It’s us. Open the door. Palli!” Changmin voiced out.

“Yah! How can you yell at me like that?!” Jaejoong scolded.

“Palli!” Changmin retorted again. Suddenly, somebody hit him. It was Yunho.

“Jae. Don’t stand around looking over the monitor. Open the gate!” He also complained.

“Arasso.” He then pushed a button that automatically opened the gate. He went and opened the door for them.

“Woah. I love your crib. The ‘rents really know your taste.” Yoochun said as he looked around. He spotted the table behind the long couch where pictures were displayed. It has various images of them, Jaejoong, Jaejoong’s family, Hyemi, Hyemi’s family and her friends. The biggest one of the frames is their picture taken during the wedding. The same picture was also hung in their bedroom.

“Looking at your picture now makes me realize you two really suit each other.” Yoochun remarked. The rest of them followed him and also looked at the pictures.

Yunho then raided the fridge and was dismayed upon seeing it empty. “Man, how come you’re fridge only contains water.”

“We just arrived here so it’s not yet fully stocked.” Jaejoong replied as he sat beside Junsu who’s flickering through the channels.

“By the way, where is Hyemi?” Junsu asked as he faced Jaejoong. “Don’t tell me you don’t know where she is again.”

“Yeah! I forgot. Where is Hyemi??” Changmin asked too as he joined them in the living room. “I’ve been looking all over.”

“Yah! You want to be hit!? I told you she’s my wife. Why are you always eager to see her!?” Jaejoong retorted.

“She’s your wife but you couldn’t care less.” Changmin voiced which earned a hit from Yoochun.

“So where is she?” Junsu asked again.

“She’s out buying groceries with Bongsun, our house help.” Jaejoong replied.

“Tell her were here so that she could buy some snacks for us.” Yunho suggested. The others agreed so Jaejoong fished out his phone from his pocket and started typing when he realized he don’t have her number.

“I have a problem. I don’t have her number.” Jaejoong uttered. “I have!” Yoochun, Yunho and Changmin said at the same time.

“All of us have her number except you.” Junsu remarked again. “I told you to try, Jae.”

“I am trying. I just forgot to ask.” Jaejoong replied. “There. I sent it to you already, hyung.” Changmin suddenly said which earned a scowl from Jaejoong before sending the message. Upon noticing it, Changmin focused on the TV.

“By the way, how’s the honeymoon? Did I help?” Yoochun suddenly mentioned with a sly smile. The others also looked curious.

“Now that you’ve open it up, what have you done with the drinks?” Jaejoong stated.

“What are you talking about?” Yunho curiously asked. They were also unaware of the plan Yoochun did.

“Well. I thought of a way to help Jae make a move.” Yoochun started off. “I remembered I know the manager of the resort’s restaurant. I smooth talked her in putting a medicine to your drinks that will enhance your body desire. You know what I’m talking about.”

The others got interested upon hearing it. “So what did it do? Was it effective?” Yunho asked. They were all waiting for Jaejoong to answer the question. He then remembered what happened that night.

 

The waiter gave those martini infused drinks and chocolate cakes as a complimentary from the manager. He placed Pineapple-Orange at their side while placing Four Seasons at the other couple’s side.

“Can Kent drink the Pineapple-Orange martini? He doesn’t like the taste of Four Seasons.” Hannah suddenly remarked.

“It’s fine. He can have mine. I’m not particular with Orange.” Hyemi then exchanged with Kent.

“Cheers.” Hannah voiced and they drink it.

“Can I have a taste?” Hannah suddenly asked Kent and also tasted Kent’s drink. “Mmm. It tastes good too.”

After a while, Jaejoong felt something weird. He then started perspiring. He kept on drinking so as to replenish the heat he’s feeling. Unknown to him, Kent was also feeling the same. And since Hannah got a taste of the drink, she was also feeling something.

After a while, Hannah excused herself and Kent also followed her.

 

“So that’s why they were like that.” Jaejoong laughed upon realizing. This made the others curious of the reason why.

“Wae? What happened?” Yoochun remarked.

“Hyung? What happened?” Changmin also retorted. Junsu and Yunho were also curious as hell.

“Nothing.” Jaejoong said as he collected himself.

“Aish! Just tell us if anything happened. End of story.” Yoochun slumped on the chair. “As if we’d like to hear the whole details.”

“Why would I? Even if something did happen, I wouldn’t tell.” Jaejoong then crossed his arms as if taunting them. “Plus I wouldn’t let you get away for doing that to me, Yoochun. You don’t know how hard it is for me.”

“Aish. We couldn’t squeeze anything from him. Let’s try with Hyemi later.” Yunho suggested which earned a glare from Jaejoong. “Yah! Don’t tell anything to her. Don’t mention about the drink.”

 

On the other hand, Hyemi and Bongsun just checked out from the counter when she received a message from Jaejoong. She was surprised at first. “Oh! Unnie. Jaejoong sent a message informing that his friends are at home. What should we bring to them?”

“Whenever they’re at the house, Jaejoong would order some pizza and fried chicken. But they just eat anything available in the fridge.” Bongsun replied as she got the groceries. Hyemi helped her with the others. “Let’s go buy pizza and chicken for them. And let’s drop by my shop, so that we can have something sweet too. I’ll buy Jaejoong his favorite carrot cake.” 

Afewminutes later, Hyemi was drinking when she  suddenly bit her tongue. She winced in pain. "What's wrong Hyemi?" Bongsun askedout of concern.

"It's nothing unnie. I just bit my tongue." She smiled as she assured her. "I'm okay."

"Maybe somebody's talking about you." Bongsun said again which curioused Hyemi. "Do you think so?"

"That's what others believe. I think it's true too." Bongsun replied.

"Hmm.. I wonder who's talking about me?" Hyemi just uttered as they walk towards her shop.

 

After having their dinner over, Jae’s friends left but they were still teasing the newlywed.

“I hope you keep the noise down low at night. You’re neighbors might complain.” Yoochun teased as he wiggles his brows.

“Oh oppa.” Hyemi blushed. “Anniyo.”

“Yah Yoochun! Just go home.” Jaejoong scolded.

“Come on. Let’s give the two of them to enjoy their new house.” Yunho also said.

“Hyung, you should have carried Hyemi when you first entered your house and also carry her upstairs. That’s what newlyweds do.” Changmin also butted in. Upon hearing it, Hyemi blushed again.

“Let’s go before Hyemi’s face turned into a tomato for what you’re all saying.” Junsu dragged the others out.

“Annyeong. Take Care on your way.” Hyemi waved. The others also did the same as they got into their cars.

 

Hyemi helped Bongsun with cleaning while Jaejoong left and went upstairs. After a while, Hyemi also entered the room and saw Jaejoong changed into a pj and a white shirt that shows his toned arms and shoulders. Things that turns on Hyemi. Jaejoong then distracted her.

“You want me to sleep with you, right?” Hyemi snapped out with what he said. “What?” She asked with confusion to the question.

“I mean. You want me to sleep on the bed too, right?” He asked again. Hyemi breathe with relief upon his clearance. “Uhm. If you want, the bed is much bigger than the one in Bali. I doubt I can sleep comfortably if I’m alone.”

Jaejoong nodded his head and went to bed; tagging alone his laptop. He then went on and browsed through his files. Hyemi then went to the bathroom to wash up.

 

After a few minutes, Jaejoong got an email from Yoochun.

To: Kim Jaejoong

From: Park Yoochun

Subject: First Night

Jae. I hope you would act tonight. Or do you need my help again? You’re wife is so pretty. I wonder how you resist her. If you want, we can exchange places. Kidding!

 

To: Park Yoochun

From: Kim Jaejoong

Subject: First Night yourself

Park Yoochun. I hope you stop meddling with my married life. Note to self, “Do not take drinks from Yoochun or from an unknown person”. And please stop fantasizing my wife. She’s my wife, remember? Back off. I’m signing out now. Good night.

 

He closed his laptop, placed it on the couch beside his bag and turned the lights off; leaving only the night lamps. He was about to lie back when he saw her coming out of the wash room wearing loose shirt and her shorts. Jaejoong noticed her honey legs. It’s not too skinny and has little amount of fat in it unlike other girls he met that has legs sticking to the bone. Hyemi got conscious so she hurriedly went to the bed and covered herself with the blanket.

“Don’t take any drinks from Yoochun.” He reminded her. Hyemi got curious so she turned to his side. “Why?”

“Just don’t. I’ll tell you some other time.” He replied without looking back at her. “Arasso.” Hyemi noticed he wasn’t going further so she just nodded her head and faced the other side again.

“Jaejoong, can I keep my side of light on? I can’t sleep when it’s too dark.” She asked after noticing he turned his.

“mmm.” That’s the only thing she heard from him. So she just went in her sleep.

 

Jae’s friends are really a tease. I wonder if Yoochun has plans again. ^^ And Jae, please treat Hyemi more warmly. What happened with the Jaejoong who held her hand while she’s feeling afraid? I hope he would reach out to her too. Watch out as Hyemi and Jaejoong progress into their married life.

,  don’t forget to COMMENT and SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS and SUGGESTIONS. Khamsamnida! ^^