Chapter 9

If you asked me to

 

“Can I count you on that matter?” Mrs. Lee said after asking Siwon to enlighten Hyemi’s mind about the matter. “I don’t know auntie. But don’t worry; I will talk to her about it.” He said without making a promise. “I know it’s hard for you knowing that you were engaged with her first. But she sees you as a friend now so I hope you would help us.” Mrs. Lee said again. Siwon just nodded in return. “Thank you for your help.” She smiled and went on with her way leaving him with a thought to ponder on.

 

“Hyemi, I saw your mother a while ago. Why didn’t you talk to her?” Mica said as she entered Hyemi’s office. “I’m not yet ready to talk to her.” She replied with a sigh. “Why? What happened at Jeju?” Minji also asked. “Mica’s prediction was right. They arranged me into another marriage again. This time it’s with Jaejoong.” She said as she leans on her chair. “Really? Omo! They planned it without confiding in you first?” Mica said in surprise. “Yep. That’s the reason why I have to stay at my apartment for days.” She sighed again. “Two times is enough already. If I wasn’t too vocal with the first two, now is the time for me to voice out what I’m feeling.”

“What did Jaejoong said?” Minji asked again. “I don’t know. I walked out after hearing their announcement.” She replied. “But don’t you think you’ve hurt his feelings too? He might think you walked out because you don’t like him as a husband.” Mica said which made Hyemi think. “Really? Hmm... Maybe you’re right.” “You should clear it with him.” Minji said also.

“I don’t know what to do. I feel like I’m a bad daughter for disobeying them. But on the other hand, I think and feel I’m doing the right thing.” Hyemi said as she massages her temples. “I asked for my grandfather’s advice but he just told me to follow what my heart and mind says.”

“It’s just right that you let them know what you think but you should also hear out their side first. Maybe there was a good reason why they did it.” Minji enlightened. “You should sit with your parents and discuss it with them. Explain to them how you felt betrayed that they kept it to themselves and didn’t confide it with you. I’m sure they’ll understand.”

“You’re right. I should do that. But not now I have to cool myself first before I speak to them so that I would be listening to them whole-heartedly and ingest every word they say.” Hyemi replied.

“Well anyways, we’ll help you clean your apartment later so that you won’t take up all night.” Mica said which earned a smile from her friend.

 

The next day Jaejoong was at his office when his friends decided to take a visit. “What happened at Jeju? You looked really pissed off when I called you yesterday?” Junsu suddenly said. “My parents made plans again ahead of me. They decided to set me up with Lee’s eldest daughter, Hyemi.”

“Hyemi? As in Lee Hyemi!?” Changmin suddenly said in surprise. “Do you know her?” Yoochun asked him. “Yeah, she’s one of our kingkas back in college. She was taking up Culinary at that time.” He explained it to them. “Many guys tried to court her but they all failed. I also plan to try too but when I found about it, I backed out.” “I heard she’s one of the brains of Sweet Escape.” Yunho also said. “Which is one of Jae’s favorite.”

“How did she react upon hearing it?” Yoochun asked curiously. “Well she was very disappointed. She walked out as soon as she heard it. She locked herself up in her room and flew out of Jeju early in the morning without telling anybody.” “Wow! What a rebel she is. She really has a strong mindset. Maybe she’s disappointed that you’re the one to be betrothed with her.” Yunho joked.

“She doesn’t want Jaejoong!? Everybody wants to be with this mysterious handsome lad; one of the sought after eligible bachelors. Who wouldn’t want to be with him?” Yoochun said. “Well maybe in this case; except Hyemi.” Yunho joked again which they all just laughed at except for Jaejoong.

“Didn’t you tell us she was your childhood playmate? Why don’t you like it?” Junsu said to Jaejoong. “We all know who he likes, my friend.” Yoochun said as he placed an arm around Jaejoong. “Maybe now’s the time to confess your feelings to Fany. Maybe she also feels the same way towards you.” “Yoochun’s right. You should propose to her. Isn’t it your parents want you to get married because they want you to have children? So why not have it with Tiffany?” Junsu said which made Jaejoong think hard. “You should do it now or else you’ll be stuck in a marriage with Hyemi and end up regretting it.” Yunho said as he tapped his friend.

“Well for me, I’m fine with Hyemi. I met her a few times because of common friends and I observed she’s really a good-natured person and she’s very family-oriented. I saw her once in a mall and thought she already has children. It turned out to be it was just her nieces. One couldn’t tell if they were coz she was treating her like they’re hers.” Changmin suddenly said. “It was Lauren and Dayoung, her older brother’s daughter.” Jaejoong explained.

Jaejoong was in deep thinking after that. He thinks his friends are right but he also thinks Hyemi isn’t a bad choice also. So he is devising a plan on what to do. He knows he have to take chance and propose to Tiffany before it would be too late.

 

Will Jaejoong finally admit his feelings to Tiffany? I wonder what would she react upon hearing it. And would Hyemi open her mind to her parents’ idea?

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!