Chapter 11

If you asked me to

 

“Oh! You’re already here. And who is this pretty lady here?” Yoochun said as he smiled at Hyemi. “It’s Hyemi. Lee Hyemi.” Junsu replied. Yoochun got the message and was surprised upon seeing her. He didn’t realize she was a pretty-looking girl.

“Hi I’m Yoochun. I’m his friend.” He said as he gestured towards Jaejoong. Hyemi got up from her seat and introduced herself. “Annyeong. I’m Lee Hyemi and these are my nieces, Lauren and Dayoung.” The little children also followed her lead.

Jaejoong just took his seat without talking to her. Hyemi noticed it and thought her friends were right. He might be offended by the way she acted back at Jeju.

“Yah! Why are you sitting there?! Go seat next to Hyemi.” Yunho teased which made Jaejoong glare at him. “No, it’s okay. My sister was actually sitting here. She just left to buy something.” Hyemi suddenly said so as not to trouble Jaejoong. She knew he was uncomfortable with the idea.

“Oh, Jiyeon is also here?” Changmin was the one who respond. “Your sister? Is she also pretty like you?” Yoochun asked which the other scoffed off. “I’ll let you decided on your own once you see her. But she’s still in College. She’s the same age with Jieun. I think.” Hyemi politely replied; the others laughed at Yoochun. “Yah! She’s like your younger sister. Don’t think about it Chun.” Junsu said laughingly. Yoochun just shook his head in disbelief.

“Jae, I believe you should change seats with Changmin. You need to be closer to her because you’re the one she’s close with.” Yunho said as he changed the topic. “No it’s okay hyung. I’m close to Hyemi too. Right Hyemi?” Changmin said which Hyemi smiled to in return. “Plus we’re of the same age.” “Just exchange place with him Changmin.” Yoochun also said. Changmin, realizing what they’re doing, got up from his seat and changed places with Jaejoong. “So we’re all your oppa except for Changmin. Hmm… That’s seems interesting. You’re like….”Junsu said but he didn’t finish his words.

Upon seating, Dayoung and Lauren shyly waved their hands at Jaejoong. “Annyeong Dayoung. Annyeong Lauren.” He smiled genuinely to them. “Oh! How sweet. It’s not every day you can see Jaejoong like that.” Yoochun teased upon seeing his friend’s change of mood. Jaejoong didn’t mind him though.

Suddenly, the waiter came with their food. They were all happy upon seeing it like little children. “Excuse us if you found us too monstrous while we’re eating. It’s just that were too stressed out from work that we always skips meals.” Jaejoong suddenly said. “Especially Changmin.” Hyemi was surprised upon hearing him. Because it was the very first time he talked to her. “No it’s okay. I’m used to it since I also grew up with my brothers.” She smiled back.

Throughout the dinner, Hyemi was feeling awkward because of Jaejoong. She felt she needs to explain everything and say sorry to him. But she can’t figure out how to say it and when to say it.

“Aunt Hyemi, where’s Aunt Jiyeon?” Lauren suddenly asked upon realizing Jiyeon wasn’t still with them. “I don’t know about that baby. I was wondering about it too.” Jiyeon then entered the shop as soon as after Hyemi spoke. She, too, was surprised with the people her sister is with.

She looked through them and noticed Jaejoong was one of them. She then happily approached them.
“Oh unnie. Sorry if I took so long. I bumped into Hyomin and she asked me to accompany her to the fabric shop. She needs to find a cloth suitable to be used in our project.” She then acted surprise upon Jaejoong.

“Oh! Annyeong Jaejoong oppa!!” She said as she bowed. Jaejoong just smiled at her. “Jiyeon!!” Changmin also waved at her. “Oh oppa! You’re here also!?” She happily replied. “I’m Jae’s friend. We bumped into Hyemi while they were eating here.” Changmin replied back. “By the way, these are our other friends Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun.”

“Yep, you’re also pretty like her. Too bad you’re much younger than me; around Jieun’s age.” Yoochun blurted out. “You’re family really has a good genes. All of the members of your family are pretty, including these children.” Yunho said as he smiled at the girls who were happily enjoying their Banana Split.

“If I’m not mistaken your oppa’s wife is Im Yoona, right?” He suddenly asked. “Yes, she is. Why?” Hyemi asked curiously. “Do you know her?” Jiyeon was curious too. “Well, I’m actually her second cousin. I haven’t attended their wedding that’s why I’m not too familiar. I just realized now.” He replied.

He then looked at the little girls. “Dayoung. Lauren. I’m your samcheon.” He happily said. The girls just smiled at him and then brought back their attention to their ice cream. “Guess they’re not too thrilled about it.” Yoochun teased.

“Uhm. Excuse me. I have to use the restroom.” Hyemi said as she stood up. “Dayoung. Lauren. Are you coming with me?” The two nodded their heads and followed her.

 

Upon leaving, the boys bombarded Jiyeon with different questions.

“Does your unnie have a boyfriend?” Yoochun straightforwardly asked. “No she hasn’t. Ever since.” Jiyeon replied back.  “How about you?” He asked again. Jiyeon laughed before answering. “Unnie and I are the same.” “Why do pretty girls like you don’t have boyfriends?” He then shook his head in disbelief.

“Does she really love children?” Yunho asked too. “Yep, she is. In fact, she really intended to be a preschool teacher before becoming a chef.” Jiyeon replied again. “She really loves hanging out with all our nieces and nephews; even her friend’s children. She’s close with all of them and luckily she manages well with them.”

“If so then why doesn’t she get married? Does she have a plan on marrying soon?” Changmin was the one who asked. “She has. In fact, she plans to marry when she’s already 25 and it’s just weeks away.” Jiyeon answered again.

“Then why did she back out of the proposal?” Junsu also asked. Jiyeon was silent at first. She was thinking of how to answer it without hurting Jaejoong’s feelings. After a few seconds, she then answered the question. “It’s not because she doesn’t like oppa or anything.” She said as she was referring to Jaejoong. “It’s just that she believes that two people have to be in love with each other for them to get married. She’s not a big fan of fixed marriages. Our parents always try to set her up with a son of an acquaintance or business partner but unnie always stays out of it. After her last almost-engagement, she made an ultimatum with our parents that they would no longer plan on arranging her into marriage or else she would stay out of our family’s sight. That’s why she reacted like that last time because she didn’t expect our parents to do that again. But don’t worry oppa, all of us approves you so we’ll just have to persuade unnie.” She then smiled at Jaejoong. The other’s just looked at Jaejoong for they knew he was also against it.

The boys were then astounded by the story Jiyeon shared especially Jaejoong. But he still has thoughts on who is the guy that fetched Hyemi at the airport. He knew that person isn’t a family member.

“So do you have any questions oppas? Unnie might go back already.” Jiyeon finally said. No one was answering now. Jiyeon then looked at Jaejoong. “How about you oppa? Do you have a question?” The others were also looking at him waiting for him to say something. But Jaejoong just shook his head.

“Well in that case, I have a question for you Jaejoong oppa.” Jiyeon suddenly said which tensed everyone.

 

Way to go Jiyeon! Hmmm… I wonder what question she would ask. , do you have any idea? Please share it on the comment box below. Khamsamnida! ^^

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!