Trip to Jeju

If you asked me to

 

Hyemi was getting ready for bed when Jiyeon entered her room and sat on her bead. “Unnie, appa and eomma said you have to take an off on weekend. We’ll visit halmeoni and harabeoji and I mean all of us will go. Aunt Miyun and her family will also come.” Jiyeon said, referring to her father’s sister.  Hyemi stopped brushing her hair. “Even Aunt Miyun? I wonder what the occasion is. Is there some announcements to be made?” She asked her sister. “I don’t know. I was just here to relay a message. I am also clueless about it.” Jiyeon then lied on the bed. “Maybe they’ll announce your wedding.” She jokingly said to her sister.

“Yah! Don’t joke like that!” Hyemi said as she threw a pillow to her sister. “What’s wrong unnie? You’re already 25 years old in a matter of days. You told me that’s your ideal age of marriage.” Jiyeon then sat on the bed again. “It’s still is. I’m just turning 25 so I have a whole year to find the right guy. I want to have a love story like Donghae oppa and Yoona unnie. Theirs was destiny.” Yoona smiled upon looking at her picture with her brother’s family. “But unnie, all of us have different love stories. Look at eomma and appa. They were arranged marriage but later on they develop feelings for each other. Maybe it can work out with you too.” Jiyeon said. “But I want to be married because I love the guy, not because I was forced into it.” She then sat on the bed also. “Let me rephrase what you said. You’re not waiting for the right guy. You’re just waiting for Seunghyun oppa to notice you.” Hyemi was shocked by what Jiyeon said. “What unnie? I know you like him for how long. But don’t you think that if he really likes you then he would have pursued you a long time ago. Open your eyes unnie. He only sees you as friend, I mean an acquaintance. He’s really not a friend of yours.” Jiyeon frankly said which made Hyemi silent. She was hurt by what her younger sister said but she knows it was the truth. “You should head back to your room. I’m tired. Good night.” Hyemi then lied on her bed and faced away from her sister. “Good night unnie. I hope you’ll think about it.” Jiyeon said then left the room. “But Seunghyun and I are getting closer now.” Hyemi thought then went off to dreamland.

 

The next day at the Kim Corp., Jaejoong just got out of a meeting when he saw Tiffany inside his office. He smiled as he saw her waiting for him. “So what does Miss Hwang wants from me?” Jaejoong joked as he sat on his chair. “I’m here to give you this, oppa.” She then handed out a ticket. “What’s this?” He asked before looking at it. “Oppa! You should have read it first so that you’ll know.” She then shook her head in disbelief. “By the way, that’s the ticket for my play on Friday; in case you forget its next week. I might be too busy in the next days so I’m here to give it.” Tiffany smiled at him. “Oh! I forgot it! Don’t worry I’ll be there for you. I’ll remind Yoochun and the others about it.” Jaejoong then placed the ticket on his planner. “Don’t worry oppa. I’ve already told them. By the way, I can’t come at our lunch this Sunday. I have also told the others about it. I will try to master my encore performance.” Tiffany said as she looks at their group picture at Jaejoong’s desk. “It’s alright I can’t come either my family has to go somewhere.” He replied.

“Oh! I almost forgot.” Tiffany said as she placed down the picture frame. “Is Seunghyun oppa here?” She suddenly muttered. “Seunghyun?” Jaejoong eyed her. She smiled and nodded in return. “He’s at his office but he’s survey a land in just a few minutes. Why are you asking?” “I’m going to invite him also at my showcase.” Tiffany then stood up from her seat. “I should head out now. I might not come across him. Bye oppa! See you on Friday!” She then waved good bye. “Aren’t you going to have lunch with me? It’s my break in just fifteen minutes.” Jaejoong said trying to stop her. Tiffany shook her head. “I’ll meet my director over lunch. Annyeong!” She smiled then left him dumbfounded. “She really likes him.” He sighed as he looked at his picture with her.

 

Sunday came and Lee family went to Jeju to visit their grandparents.

“Annyeong eomma, appa.” Mr. Lee said as he hugged his parents. Mrs. Lee and her children also did the same. “Omo! My great grand kids are getting bigger!” The older Mrs. Lee said. “Annyeong halmeoni. Annyeong harabeoji.” Lauren and Dayoung said as they bow to the elders. “Annyeong Lauren. Annyeong Dayoungie.” The elder Mr. Lee said. “Mina, when is your parents coming?” The elder Mr. Lee asked Mrs. Lee. “Oh appa. They can’t come. My father can’t travel for too long. Don’t worry I’ve spoken to him about the matter. He already agreed into it.” Mrs. Lee said which made her children more curious about the reason for coming here.

“I wonder why we’re here. We only visit here when it’s already at the end of the month. I bet hyung also knows something. He’s not curious unlike us.” Mir said as sat on the dining area. “Me too. I’m curious too oppa. There is something that they’re hiding from us. I’m going to ask Yoona unnie later if she knows something.” Jiyeon also said as she looks at Yoona who’s giving drinks to her daughters. “I don’t know nothing too. Ask your oppa maybe he knows something.” Yoona smiled upon hearing Jiyeon. “Stop worrying. Let’s just enjoy this weekend for our break. I wonder when will Aunt Miyun come?” Hyemi said as she looked around the house. “They’re on their way.” Donghae replied as he sat with them. “Oh! Hyung do you know why we’re here all o a sudden?” Mir asked him. “I’m not yet sure. They said they’ll announce something. Maybe it’s about business coz we’ll have visitors tomorrow.” Donghae replied which made them even more crossed by his answer. “Who would it be?” Jiyeon crossed her arms.

All of a sudden, their aunt’s family arrived. “Annyeong!” Qri waved at them as she entered the house. “Oh! Unnie!!” Jiyeon then hugged her. Leeteuk and his wife also joined in. “Where are the elders?” Leeteuk asked as he put down his son on the floor. “Mason. Mavin go play with your cousins at the yard.” The little boys then ran towards Dayoung and Lauren. “Their inside harabeoji’s office. I was just waiting for you hyung. Let’s go inside too.” Donghae and Leeteuk left and went to the office. “Oh! Unnie, you’re tummy is so big. When is your due?” Hyemi asked Taeyeon as she sat on the couch. “Two weeks from now. Yoona you’re in your 5th month already, right?” Taeyeon then asked Yoona who was sitting beside her. “Yeah unnie. We learned it’s a boy.” Yoona happily said. “I’m happy for you. Teuk and I also want a girl but we kept on producing boys.” Taeyeon pouted. “Don’t worry noona. You can try again next time. I’m sure hyung will be happy too.” Mir smirked at her which made them all laugh.

“By the way, where is Suzy?” Jiyeon said as she looked around. “I’m here!!” She happily appeared. “Where were you?” Jiyeon said as she hugged her. “I answered a call.” Suzy said as she also hugged Hyemi and Yoona. “Oh! You’re so beautiful Yoona unnie. You and Taeyeon unnie doesn’t look like pregnant.” Suzy said to the two. “I wonder who would be next. Will it be Qri unnie or Hyemi unnie?” “I still can’t Hwanhee is still in the army.” Qri smiled at her. “How about you Hyemi unnie?” Suzy looked at Hyemi. Jiyeon just laughed. “I don’t think so. She’s too absorbed with her work.” Jieyon joked. “Yah! Jiyeon!” Hyemi scolded her sister which earned a laugh from the others. “Girl hormones! I should get out of here.” Mir jokingly said as he went to the kids playing at the backyard.

Meanwhile inside the office, the elders were discussing something important.

“Abeoji, do you bless it?” Mr. Lee asked his father. The elder Lee was thinking hard. “Son of Kim Corp?” The elder Lee asked. His son nodded in agreement. “Is his father your friend way back in elementary?” His mother asked. “Yeah emeonim. We we’re able to catch up a few weeks ago.” Mr. Lee answered. “It was Mrs. Kim who suggested about the matter. That’s why we’re here to ask if you agree into it. I’ve already talked to my parents, abeoji. They agreed into it already. We’re just waiting for your answer.” Mrs. Lee also said. “Is it Kim Jaejoong?” Leeteuk suddenly asked. Donghae nodded at him. “He’s the only son.” “What does he do? Does he work at their business?” Miyun asked. “Yeah. He’s currently the Vice-President of the Corp.”Mrs. Lee answered. “I heard he was trained very well. He started from the bottom until he went up. His parents want him to experience every aspect of their business.” Donghae said. “But I heard he was a very cold person.” Leeteuk also said. “People find it hard to get close with him.”

“How about Hyemi? Does she approve of this?” The elder Lee asked his son. “Appa, you know her. She would always back out at every proposal we said to her. Look what she’s done to the Choi family. Siwon was a very good choice for her but she backed out of it. I agreed to her because she wants to focus on her business because she was still starting back then. But now that she’s already successful, I want her to get married and find her happiness.” Mr. Lee answered his father. “Since, she still hasn’t got a boyfriend. We thought it was a good idea to set her up with a guy that we know perfectly suits her.” Mrs. Lee also chided in. “But wouldn’t she feel betrayed?” The elder Mrs. Lee asked. “You know how she loves a fairytale love story.” “We’ll talk to her about it. We just want to make an approval from all of you.” Mr. Lee said. “They’ll come here tomorrow to visit.” Mrs. Lee said as she eyed the reaction of the elders. “It’s okay with me.” Miyun suddenly said. Donghae and Leeteuk also nodded in approval. “I know it will make her happy so I’m okay with it.” The elder Mrs. Lee also said which ends up the elder Lee deciding. They were all waiting for him to answer. “I’ll agree for now but if something comes up. I’ll cancel it.” The elder Lee said which earned a relief from the two. “Thank you abejoi.” Mr. Lee said as he hugged both of his parents.

“So the meeting went out good.” Qri said as she looked at them going out of the office. “What happened?” Taeyeon asked Leeteuk. “We all agreed on the matter.” Leeteuk smiled at them especially at Hyemi. “We’ll have guests tomorrow.” Donghae also said as he smiled at Hyemi then at Leeteuk. “Omo! This makes me crazy!” Suzy said as she face-palmed herself. “Me too. It makes my head ache! Let’s go out and play with the kids I can’t take this.” Jiyeon then went out with Suzy. “Are you going to tell it to me? It makes me curious too.” Yoona cutely asked Donghae. “I’ll it to you later when we’re alone.” He said with a sly smile. “Yah oppa!!!!!!” Hyemi then covered her ears which earned a laugh from the others.

“Hyemi. You should make your cupcakes tomorrow. We’ll have important guests tomorrow.” Mrs. Lee said to her. “Yeah eomma.” “Oh Hyemi, could you please make carrot cupcake today? I’m craving for it.” Yoona suddenly said. “Oh, I want one too.” Taeyeon also said. “Okay, I will unnie.”

 

I wonder what will happen when they found out about it. Will Hyemi’s parents convince her?

Find out next chapter! , your comments are very much loved. Khamsamnida!

@MinYoonTaec: thank you for reading this fic :) i hope you like the pairings

@helianthusannuuss: they already appeared but only in a short part :) they'll appear in the future