Chapter 27

If you asked me to

 

Jaejoong and Hyemi both busied their selves so as not to think about their impending marriage. But time flies very fast and before they knew it, it was already the big day.

“Hyemi. Wake up honey. It’s your big day today.” Mrs. Lee said as she wakes up her daughter.  “Eomma. Just five more minutes and I’ll be up.” Hyemi then covered herself with a blanket. “Honey, you can’t. Your stylist will arrive soon to take care of you.”  Mrs. Lee still persuaded her. “What time did you slept last night? Aigoo.”

Just then her nieces and nephews came and was also waking her up. They got on her bed and started jumping up and down. “Auntie! Wake up! Wake up!” Mason screamed as he jumped up and down. Mir’s laugh was also heard in the background.

“Arasso. Arasso” Hyemi said as she rose from her bed and started kissing the children. “Good Morning.”  She then turned to her brother who was at the doorway. “After this, you’ll be dead.” “It was not my idea! It was eomma’s.” Mir reasoned out then ran.

“Since you’ve already woken up, take a bath and let’s eat breakfast.” Mrs. Lee said then called out on the children. “Kids. You should take a bath too. Let’s go and leave Aunt Hyemi to prepare.”

 

It was the same scene at the Kims house. Mrs. Kim was having a hard time on waking up Jaejoong. “Kim Jaejoong! Get up on this instance or else!” Upon hearing his mom, Jaejoong got up instantly.

“Good. You should prepare for your wedding. We should be the first ones to arrive there so that we can greet the visitors.” Mrs. Kim then kissed him on the cheek and left the room. “This is it.” He said as he headed to the bathroom.

 

It was just a few minutes before the wedding and Jaejoong and his family were at the entrance and were greeting their guests. “Thank you for coming today.” Mr. Kim said as they bow to people. “I was surprised when I got your invitation. I didn’t hear your son has a girlfriend.” A friend of Mrs. Kim uttered. “Oh. It was because it was an arranged one. But the children agree into it.” Mrs.  Kim replied. “Go inside. The ceremony will start anytime soon.”

 They then heard a phone ringing. Mrs. Kim checked her purse and looked into it. She then ignored the call upon reading the name.

“Eomma, that’s oppa’s phone right? Who was that calling him?” Jieun suddenly asked. “It’s Tiffany.” Mrs. Kim replied as she still bows and greets the guests. “Why’d you reject the call?” Jieun asked again. “Because if your oppa heard her, he might change his mind and ran away. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t know how I would face Lee family especially Hyemi. So I hope you wouldn’t tell him about this.” Mrs. Kim said as took out the phone from her purse. Tiffany was calling again. She ignored it and deletes the call log. She then turned off Jaejoong’s phone.

“Aunt Lisa, the wedding will start now.” Qri reminded them. They followed her and went inside to start. They then stood with Jaejoong at the end of the altar.

 

“Omo!!! You’re so pretty!!” Gyuri said upon seeing Hyemi. “I wish to be a beautiful bride too. I’m happy for you!!” Hara also squealed. “If Nicole would be here, she would also spazz about how beautiful you are.” “Yeah. I’m very disappointed that she can’t come.” Hyemi replied with a sadden emotion.

“Who would say I wouldn’t attend your wedding!?” Nicole said as she suddenly emerged in Hyemi’s waiting room. She was already wearing her Maid of Honor dress. Hyemi was in tears upon seeing her. “You said you wouldn’t come?!” She then hugged her tight.

“Of course, that would spoil the surprise.” Nicole happily replied. “And we’re satisfied with your reaction.” Hara also said. “What!? So you knew this all along!?” Hyemi replied in disbelief. “You ganged up on me!” “It’s our surprise for you for your marriage and we’re glad you love it.” Gyuri also said.

“I’m so glad you’re getting married. Finally!” Nicole uttered. “I can’t believe it!” “Me too.” Hyemi replied. Just then Qri and Jiyeon entered the room. “Oh unnie! I’m glad you’re finally here” Jiyeon said as she hugged Nicole too.

“Let’s talk later again. The wedding will start in a few.” Qri suddenly uttered. “Are you ready Hyemi?” This made Hyemi silent. She started panicking. She was already turning white when the others noticed it. “Unnie. Are you okay?” Jiyeon asked. “Drink this to calm down.” Hara handed her a glass of water. Hyemi drank it and it calmed her nerves.

“Are you fine now?” Gyuri asked her again after a few seconds. Hyemi nodded her head and gave them an okay sign. “Then the wedding will start now. Jiyeon and Nicole get in your positions. Hara and Gyuri, you may now take your seats now.” Qri instructed them. They all followed her. “Okay Hyemi, after my cue, you would follow Nicole. Understood?” Hyemi nodded her head.

After Nicole disappeared, the bridal march was heard. “Okay Hyemi. It’s now your turn.” Qri uttered. “Take a deep breath Hyemi. When you’re feeling okay, I will count into three and you’ll start walking.”

 

As the song indicating Hyemi’s entrance was played, Jaejoong was also feeling severely nervous and up until the point that he’s feeling there were tons of butterflies in his stomach. After a few seconds, the curtain was drawn revealing Hyemi. All of the people watching were in awe of her beauty. Jaejoong was also having the same feeling. Without knowing it, he smiled as he looks at her. Changmin noticed it so he whispered to Jaejoong. “So are you starting to like her, hyung?” He then followed it with a chuckle.  After a few minutes, Jaejoong‘s face changed. It was now more of a shock expression.

 

*Finally! The part we’re all been waiting for! Who’s excited about this!? Well of course, I am!! ^_^  But there’s something that happened. Why was Jaejoong shocked?! Tune in on the next chapter and let’s all find out.

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida! Please also check out my new story "From the Start". I hop eyou have time to read and comment on it. Thanks! ^^