A good news

If you asked me to

  "Yah Hyemi. Your phone keeps on ringing." Mica said as she entered the kitchen.

"Is that so?" Hyemi then washed her hands on the nearby sink. "Hmm.. I wonder who that is."
"Maybe it's your husband. He just called to hear your voice." Minji butted in.
"I highly doubt it's him. He's also busy with his work." Hyemi said and turned her attention to her assistant.  "Take over okay. I'll leave for a while."
As she went inside the office, she can hear her phone ringing. She hurriedly went towards her desk and answered the phone. "Yoboseo?" 
"Yah Kim Hyemi. Why aren't you answering your phone?" Someone said over the phone.
"Yah Lee Jiyeon. Why? I'm at work. What's wrong?" 
"Taeyeon unni is in labor. She's about to give birth." Jiyeon happily said over the phone.
"Omo! Really? I'll head there soon. I'll just call Jae."
"Okay unnie. See you. Bring over a cake for all of us to share." 
"Arasso. Arasso. See you." Hyemi then collected her things and headed toward her colleagues. "Mica. Minji. I have to call the day off. Taeyeon unni is in labor."
"Really? Arasso. I'll just take over your work." Minji replied. "Relay our Congratulations to her." Mica also said. "Okay. See you tomorrow." Hyemi bid farewell.
 
Hyemi dialed Jaejoong's number as she took out a cake to bring. He picked up after the second ring. "Jae where are you?" Just then she saw him emerge on the door. She smiled as she hung up and kissed him on the cheek.
"Eomonim called me. She relayed that  Taeyeon's on labor when they couldn't contact you." He uttered. "I'm here to fetch you."
"Arasso. Let's bring this to them." Jaejoong took the box from Hyemi and they headed out.
 
They entered the hospital room and saw everyone was already there. "Finally, the newlywed came!" Leeteuk said as he hugged the two.
"Congratulations oppa." Hyemi answered back and then headed to Taeyeon. "How are you unni?" 
"I'm fine. I'm just a little tired." Taeyeon smiled in assurance.
"Did you bring the cake?" Suzy suddenly asked.
"Here." Jaejoong said as he handed it to them.
"Let's cut it so we can share with each other." Jiyeon invited and sliced it for them to share. 
 
Hyemi and Jaejoong then preoccupied themselves with the baby while the others were busy with their snacks
"Look Jae. Maden is adorable." Hyemi happily said.
"His fingers are very small." Jaejoong uttered. 
"Of course. The baby is still small." Hyemi replied. "Who do you think resembles him the most?"
"His brothers of course." Jaejoong replied back which earned a laugh from Hyemi.
 
Not far from them, the others were talking about them.
"Look at those two. They really look good together." Mishil suddenly uttered.
"You're right eomma. Plus they look very happy." Suzy also said.
"Jaejoong  looks more relaxed and got more approachable than before." Qri also shared.
"I wish they would be granted with a child soon. They looked like a family already." Yoona looked at the couple who are happily playing with Maden.
"That's what eomma's been praying." Jiyeon also said. "That's what we're all praying."
 
It was the day of Hara and Junhyung's wedding and all of their high school friends were there.
"It was nice to see you again, Hyemi. I'm happy to finally meet your husband." Sungyeon, one of Hyemi's high school friends, uttered. 
"Me too. I'm sad we couldn't attend your wedding." Jiyoung also said.
"It's alright. I understand. I'm also glad we were able to catch up." Hyemi replied back as they all hugged each other. "We need to hang out soon. All six of us." The two nodded in agreement.
"We'll just greet the newlyweds." Jiyoung and Sungyeon said as they made their way towards Junhyung and Hara. At the same time, Jaejoong accompanied Hyemi. "You sure have lot of girl friends."
"Of course, I studied at an all-girl's school." Hyemi replied. "But don't you dare look at other ladies here." She playfully warned.
"Yes, you're right. They're all ladies in my eyes but your the only woman my eyes will only seek out." Jaejoong seriously replied which earned a sweet smile from Hyemi.
"I love you." Jaejoong uttered. "I love you too." Hyemi replied back as she kissed him. 
 
"Hyemi. Jae." Hara greeted them.
"Congratulations on your wedding." Hyemi greeted.
"We're glad you came." Hara happily said.
"Of course. Why would I miss my best friend's important day. I'm really happy for you." Hyemi replied back in tears.
"Thank you. I'm also happy for you and Jae." Hara also said in tears.
"Easy there. You wouldn't want to ruin your pretty faces." Junhyung finally said which made the two laugh and wipe their tears. 
"Let's just cheers for our happy marriage." Jaejoong handed them champagne which they all drank.
"The drinks and foods are flowing all night. Help yourselves. We'll just entertain the other guests." Hara reminded before leaving. "Have you checked the room we booked for you?"
"Yes we have. Thank you for that." Hyemi replied.
"Oh it's nothing. You're the one I should thank for the cake and the dessert bar." Hara thanked back.
"It's okay. You should go to your other guests. We can handle ourselves." Hara gave Hyemi one last hug before heading to others.
"So do you want to play a game?" Jaejoong uttered as he handed another drink to Hyemi.
"Let's dance first. I love this song." She said as she drank the liquor and tagged Jaejoong to the dance floor.