Run away

If you asked me to

 

“Aunt Hyemi.” Lauren said as she knocks on the door. “Aunt Hyemi.” Dayoung also called out. “What is it?” Hyemi replied behind the door. “We want to sleep with you. Dayoungie and I can’t sleep in the room.” Lauren replied. Hyemi sighed and went on to fix herself. She looked at the mirror and noticed her eyes were swollen. “Wait a minute.” She said then washed her face. After doing that, she peeped through the door and saw her nieces smiling at her. “Come in.” She smiled back and let them in and locked it again. “What brings you here my dear princesses?” She asked the two. “And what are you carrying?” She then asked the two. “Oh! Eomma said you haven’t eaten yet so Aunt Jiyeon asked us to bring this along.” Lauren then handed her the milk and sandwiches they brought. “Thank you.” Hyemi then kissed them both. “We can’t sleep at our room. You told us earlier that you want us to sleep with you tonight because you’re bed is too big.” Dayoung also said. Hyemi smiled at them.They happily shared the food with each other.

“Aunt Hyemi, why are you crying?” Dayoung said in concern. “Did harabeoji and halmeoni made you cry?” Lauren also asked. “No, they did not.” She replied back. “Then why are you crying?” Dayoung asked again. “How can I explain this to you? Hmm… Let’s see. You know Ariel and her prince charming got married and lived happily ever after, right?” She started explaining to the two. The little girls nodded their head. “What if, when they haven’t met yet, out of concern, her father decided to let her marry a son of his friend? It will then change everything. Ariel and the prince will never meet. That’s what they wanted to do to me. They want me to marry Jaejoong.” She sighed upon remembering it again. “But Uncle Jaejoong is a nice person. Why don’t you like him?” Lauren asked again. “I know he’s a nice person but I haven’t got to know him yet and they’re rushing me in this marriage.” She explained again. “But you said he’s nice. I like him auntie.” Dayoung replied. “I don’t want you to be sad.” “I’ll make him talk to you auntie so that you’ll get to know him.” Lauren also said.  “You really know how to make me feel better.” Hyemi then hugged the both of them. “Because of that delicious food, as a way to say thank you, I’ll give you my ticklish massage.” She went on and played with them.

Outside the room, Jiyeon and the others were hearing the laughs coming from the inside. “Your idea was great Jiyeon. Who knew you had something in that head of yours?” Mir jokingly said. Jiyeon just made face at her brother. “Good thing Hyemi is feeling a lot better. I thought she would starve herself to death.” Qri also happily said. “I bet Taeyeon unnie and Yoona unnie will be relieved once they know it was a job well done. Too bad they’re already asleep.” Suzy joined in. “Let’s also go to sleep. Maybe unnie will be fine tomorrow.” Jiyeon said as she retreats back. The others also joined in.

 

The next morning, Hyemi woke up so early. She carefully went out of bed so as to avoid waking up her nieces who were sleeping comfortably. She went to take a bath and started to pack up her things. After thinking last night, she decided to go back to Seoul early so as to avoid her family and also the Kim family. She kissed the girls goodbye then quietly went out of the room and go straight to the kitchen to grab foods before heading back to Seoul. She just grabbed milk from the fridge when she was startled by someone’s presence. “Harabeoji, why are you up so early? It’s just 4am.” “This is the time I usually wake up to walk around. You’re the one I should be asking. What are you doing? Are you leaving?” He asked upon looking at her bag. “I’m sorry harabeoji. I just want a time to think that’s why I decided to head home first.” She replied. “You’re saying leaving without saying goodbye to me first?” He questioningly looked at her. “I’m sorry harabeoji.” She then hugged him. “Why won’t I walk you outside?” He suddenly offered which Hyemi smiled in return. “Grab some fruits. You might get hungry along the way.”

“So tell me what’s going in your mind?” Her grandfather asked as they were walking. “I don’t know. I felt kind of betrayed. They planned it without confiding me first. They didn’t ask me about it. I thought they’ll never do that to me again.” Hyemi sadly said. Her grandfather just listened to her without saying anything. “I don’t know what to do grandpa. I know they have my best interest in mind but I’m not happy with it.” Hyemi said again. “Like what you said, you’re parents have your best interest in mind. Why don’t you give them a chance to explain it to you? After hearing their side of the story, that’s the time you decide on what you’ll do.” He replied. “I know you’ll have a right choice.” He said as he winked at her. “But grandpa, I’m still confused.” Hyemi said as they stopped from walking. “You have to follow what’s here.” He then gestured at Hyemi’s heart. “While not forgetting this.” He then gestured at the mind. “With that, you’ll know the right choice.” “Thank you harabeoji! I’m sorry if I have to leave early.” She then hugged him. “It’s okay my dear. You’re a grown-up already and no one can dictate on what you’ll do. Just take care on your way home. Inform us once you landed safely.” Her grandfather replied. “Here’s the cab. You should head to the airport now.” “Thank you again harabeoji. Tell halmeoni, I said goodbye and I love her.” He nodded and Hyemi then went inside the cab. She waved as they drove away.”I hope you’ll choose what makes you happy.” Her grandfather said as he looked at the cab speeding away.

 

Meanwhile, the Lee household got up. All of them are still concerned with Hyemi especially her parents. “Did Hyemi eat last night?” Mrs. Lee asked Qri while they were eating their breakfast. “Yeah she did auntie. Jiyeon had an idea.” She happily answered. “What is it?” Miyun asked her daughter. “Jiyeon, asked for Lauren and Dayoung’s help since she finds them irresistible.” Suzy answered her mother. “Where are they now?” Mrs. Lee asked again. “Yoona unnie went to wake them up.” Jiyeon answered. They then saw Yoona along with her two daughters enter the dining room. “Aigoo! My little princesses are awake.” Donghae said as he kissed them. “I missed you last night. I can’t sleep without the two of you.” He then showered them with kisses which earned giggles from them. “Where is your Aunt Hyemi?” Mr. Lee asked them upon noticing she wasn’t with them. “Hyemi wasn’t in the room when I came in. I checked the bathroom but she wasn’t there also. I thought she was already here.” Yoona said as she sat beside her husband. “I wonder where that child went.” Mr. Lee said as he worried over her daughter’s disappearance. “Appa, here shoes aren’t in the rack.” Mir also said. This made the others more worried. “Have you seen her eomoni.” Mrs. Lee asked the elder Mrs. Lee. “I didn’t notice her when I woke up this morning. Ask you father, he woke up earlier than me.” She replied.

The head of the household suddenly emerged; coming from the backyard. “If you’re looking for Hyemi, she already left this morning. She went back to Seoul.” He said as he took his seat. This made the others fret. “Abeoji, why did you let her go?” His son asked. “Why? She’s already mature enough to make her own choice. I have no right to stop her.” He calmly said as he started to eat his breakfast. They didn’t argue with it any more. “Where is your son by the way?” He looked at the Kim family. “Oh! Jaejoong had a sudden meeting to attend to that’s why he left early.” Mr. Kim answered. He just nodded and went on eating his food. Mr. and Mrs. Kim just worryingly looked at each other.

 

Jaejoong just took about to leave the plane when he noticed Hyemi was just three people away from him. It turned they were in the same flight. He knew everything that happened after the sudden announcement. He knows she was greatly opposing the engagement. “Does she really hate me that much to the extent that she doesn’t want to be married with me?” He thought to himself. He was still observing her after. He didn’t take his eyes off of her; wondering what she’s been planning. He knows that, like him, she just run away from them. He observed that her genuine smile, that he noticed yesterday, wasn’t present in her face. She was instead wearing big sunglasses to hide her probably swollen eyes and a sad look on her face. They were at the arrival area when he noticed her happily greeted a guy. Upon seeing him, her face suddenly lifted up. “Maybe he’s the reason why she won’t accept it.” He mumbled to himself then answered his phone and walked away. Hyemi, on the other hand, wasn’t aware of his presence all throughout the flight.

 

I realy hope they'll agree to it!! Do you agree with me? :)

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!