Chapter 14

If you asked me to

 

It was Friday already; the day of the concert. Hyemi took the day off early so as to prepare for the night’s event. Her friends, Mica and Minji were with her when they ended their shifts.

“Oh! Someone’s really excited today?” Mica said as she looked at her friend applying her make-up. “Of course, why wouldn’t she? The guy of her dreams asked her to be his date this evening.” Minji also teased which Hyemi just laughed off. “It’s not a date. I’m just accompanying him there.”

“Yah Hyemi. It’s just the same.” Mica retorted. “If it isn’t, then why are your prettifying yourself?” “So that I’ll look presentable this evening.” Hyemi said as she does final touches. “Besides, I’m just applying light make-up.”

“Whatever Hyemi. Why do you have to deny it?” Mica said as she rolled off her eyes at her. She then noticed something so she distanced herself.

“Here! You’re hair is okay. It’s not too extravagant and not too simple.” Minji said while Hyemi checked it out in the mirror. Minji did a French braid with low bun on her. “Thanks.”

“You should wear this. It suits your body and your skin color.” Mica said as she took out a black dress with rhinestones. “Pair it with your navy blue heels.” Minji also said as she shows it to her.

“Looks like you two are much more excited than me.” Hyemi laughed as she changed into her outfit. After a few minutes, she went out of her room. Mica and Minji were surprised as they looked at her.

“This is the reason why you were popular with boys when we’re in College.” Minji happily said. “If Seunghyun’s jaw didn’t drop after seeing you like this, then he surely is a douchebag for not appreciating you.” Mica happily said.

“Opps! It’s 6:30 already. Seunghyun might be on his way to pick you up. Mica and I will head down to the shop.” Minji said as she looks at her watch. “Good luck tonight! And please, confess to him so that you won’t get false hope.”

“Don’t worry; we’re just a text a way if it didn’t turn out good. We’ll be there in an instant.” Mica also said. “And we’ll be watching from downstairs.”

Hyemi laughed before bidding farewell. “Alright. Thank you for helping me out. I’ll keep all your advice in mind.”

“Oh! Don’t forget to pack crackers and candies in case you got bored or hungry.” Minji said before heading down.

“Alright. I will.” Hyemi said then closed the door as they left.

 

After a few minutes, Hyemi got a text from Seunghyun that’s he’s already near. She checked herself in the mirror then drank water to calm her. She breathed in and out to release the tension that’s building up on her. She then heard the doorbell rang. She grabbed her purse and had one last look on the mirror before heading out.

 

“Wow!” was the word that came out of Seunghyun’s mouth upon seeing her. “You look really amazing Chef. Your dress suits you well.” Hyemi blushed upon hearing it.

“Khamsamnida. You look good to Architect.” She responded which earned a smile from him.

“Let’s go. The concert will start at 7pm.” Seunghyun said as he assisted her to his car. Before riding, Hyemi noticed her friends were looking through the window of the shop. She smiled at them. Seunghyun noticed them to so he bowed to them and went straight to the driver’s seat.

 

When they arrived at the venue, they saw there were many people in line to watch the concert.

“Tiffany really excelled in her forte.” Hyemi said as she looked around. “I remember her back when we had a musical. Your org joined with my org for a musical play. She was the pianist, right?”

“Yep. I knew she would be this popular.” Seunghyun said. They then went inside.

 

On the other hand, Jaejoong was inside Tiffany’s dressing room. They were the only two left alone there.

“Oppa! Thank you for coming today! I’m really thankful.” Tiffany said as she hugged him. “I hope the others would come too.”

“Don’t worry. They’re on their way.” Jaejoong said in assurance for Tiffany was worried. “What do you feel now that you’re finally showcasing your talent to International producers?”

“I’m really really nervous oppa. I can’t sleep last night because of excitement. I really hope they’ll like it.” Tiffany said as she drank her water. She’s shaking from uneasiness.

Jaejoong touched her hand to calm her. “Don’t worry. It will be alright. Your show will be a success. You just have to believe in yourself.” Tiffany then smiled at her.

“Tiff, Eight minutes and you’re on call.” The floor director said as he suddenly opened the door. “Yes, sesangnim.” Tiffany replied as he moved her hands away from him and then grabbed her piano sheets.

 

Jaejoong, on the other hand, was nervous for he wants to confess his feelings right then and there. He then recalled what his friends told him. “You have to say your feelings tonight Jae or else you will be forced in a marriage you don’t want to be in. Or worst case scenario; Seunghyun might steal her away from you.”

“Oppa, I think you have to go to your seat now. It will start in any minutes.” Tiffany suddenly said which snapped Jaejoong out of his thoughts. He nodded his head and was going straight to door when he suddenly made up his mind. “Tiffany, I’m here to say something.”

Tiffany curiously looked at him. “What is it oppa.”

“Tiffany, I…. I…. I love you.” He blurted out which shocked Tiffany with his sudden confession. “Oppa…”

“I loved you ever since Tiffany. I was just too coward to confess because I’m afraid you will reject me. Every time I see you broken hearted because of a guy, I was also feeling the same. I would tell myself that I wouldn’t do that if I was your boyfriend. I would never let you go.” He suddenly said. “A few days before, I learned from my parent that I would be engaged to a daughter of a family friend. I was against it because I’m in love with someone already. I’m in love with you.”

Tiffany was still speechless by what happened. She never dreamt that Jaejoong will fall in love with him. For her, he was just like an older brother along with the other guys.

“I know it’s too early for this but you’re the one I want to marry and live my life with. I hope you would give me a chance to prove myself.” Jaejoong then took out a small box from his pocket and placed it on the table next to Tiffany. “That’s the engagement ring that our family possess. My mother gave it to me to give to another person but I think I should give it to you.”

Tiffany, on the other hand didn’t know what to say. She was still quiet and was eyeing the box. She knew there’s a ring inside it.

“Tiff, three minutes. Get on the back stage right now.” The director said again. “Just a minute sesangnim.” Tiffany called out. The director then nodded and closed the door again. She then looked at Jaejoong again.

“Oppa, I’m really grateful that you want me to have this. I’m thankful that you see me like that. But oppa, I can’t get married right now. I have a career in front of me and a possible International debut. I can’t leave everything behind. You know that it’s all that I’ve dreamed ever since.” She sadly said in response.

“It’s okay. I can wait. We can get married later. We can stay engaged.” Jaejoong replied back almost pleading. Tiffany then shook her head.

“Oppa, I can’t. You’re just like an older brother to me. Nothing more, nothing less. I don’t have special feelings for you. Besides, you know I already like someone. I like Seunghyun. I’m sorry if I can’t accept your heart. There still a girl out there who’s worthy of your love and attention and that girl is not me.” She said as tears were forming out of her eyes.

“Please Tiffany. Give me a chance to love you. I won’t break your heart like what the other guys did to you. I’ll make you happy.” He pleads as he grabbed her arm. He’s now crying at her.

“Tiff, the show is about to start. Hurry up.” The director said again. Tiffany looked back at Jaejoong and loosened his grip on her. “I’m sorry oppa. I have to do this.” She then left him alone at the room. Jaejoong got the ring and punched the table as he cries.

 

Outside the room, a round of applause were heard as Tiffany came out of the stage. “Let’s welcome. Tiffany Hwang.” The announcer said. She went on the center and bowed to the crowd before sitting beside the piano. She looked back at the back stage before starting. “Tiffany you could do this.” She said to herself as she starts her first piece.

 

Omo! Poor Jae, the thing he dread finally happened. Tiffany rejected his proposal. I wonder what he will do know. Tsk3

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!