Chapter 12

If you asked me to

 

“Well in that case, I have a question for you Jaejoong oppa.” Jiyeon suddenly said which tensed everyone.

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked. The others were also curious. “Are you against this marriage or are you okay with it?” She asked back.

He swallowed hard before answering her question. “You know I was also surprised by what they did. I knew you would also be once you’re in our place. I know where she’s coming from that’s why she acted like that. But at the same time, I also know where our parents are coming from.”

“Yah! You didn’t answer the question.” Yoochun suddenly said. The others nodded in agreement. Jaejoong sighed and went on further. “At this point, I’m also in a deep thinking. I’m weighing everything first.” He replied. Jiyeon nodded her head as she understands what’s he’s thinking.

 

Hyemi then returned with to the table with Dayoung and Lauren. “Jiyeon, I think we have to go now. Donghae oppa and Yoona unnie might be worried. I also have to be early at the shop tomorrow.” Hyemi suddenly said to her sister. “Okay sure. I’m also done with my food. I also have a class tomorrow.” Jiyeon replied and took out her wallet. “Yah! I was joking a while ago. I’ve already paid our food.” Hyemi said which made her sister smile. “Thank you unnie.” Jiyeon happily said.

Hyemi then turned towards the others. “I’m sorry but we have to leave. It’s Dayoung and Lauren’s sleep time in just a few hours and my brother might be worried too. It was nice to meet all of you. I hope we could do it another time again.” She then bid farewell.

“Don’t worry. We’ll visit your shop soon.” Changmin replied. “It was nice seeing you too. I’m glad to meet the beautiful Lee Hyemi.” Yoochun also said which made Hyemi blush a little.

“Annyeong Dayoung. Annyeong Lauren. Tell your eomma, Yunho samcheon wants to say hi.” Yunho said to the two which nodded in return. “Aigoo. You two are so adorable.” He said again.

“We’ll get to see more of each other once the wedding pushed through. We hope it will.” Junsu said as he smiled too Hyemi and then to Jaejoong after.

Hyemi just smiled at him. She doesn’t want to make assurance with what he said. “We’ll be going now. Annyeong.” She said it this time to Jaejoong who was still quiet.

“Yah Jae! You should walk them towards their car. Can’t you see their all girls? They might come across something.” Yunho said to him.

“I’ll be glad to if you want.” Changmin butted in which he earned a glare from Yoochun.

“No it’s okay. My car is just around the corner from here.” Hyemi politely declined. She still didn’t want to bother Jaejoong.

“Yunho oppa is right. It’s already night time and we’re still with children. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too much for Jaejoong oppa.” Jiyeon joined in as she smiled at her sister. It was Hyemi this time who glared at her.

“Okay sure.” Jaejoong finally said as he stood up. “Yay! Uncle Jaejoong is coming with us!” Lauren and Dayoung were in high spirits. “He won’t he’ll just walk us up until we reach our car.” Hyemi explained but the girls just ignored her. They loosened their grip on her and held on Jaejoong’s instead. “Let’s go uncle.” They then dragged him out.

“Annyeong uncle Jaejoong! See you again soon.” Dayoung bid farewell after they got into the back seat. “Annyeong Dayoung. Annyeong Lauren.” He greeted back. “Treat us to an ice cream store next time Uncle Jaejoong. Aunt Hyemi will also come.” Lauren suddenly said. “Lauren, that’s bad.” Hyemi told off her niece. “It’s okay.” Jaejoong said to her and then face Lauren. “Of course.” He then pinched her in the cheek which made Lauren giggle.

“I’m sorry for the hassle and also for that.” Hyemi said. “No, it’s okay.” Jaejoong smiled. “See you around then Hyemi.” He smiled again at her and then left. This made Hyemi speechless. His smile mesmerized her. He’s the second guy, apart from Seunghyun that made her do that. It was the first time that she saw him smiling like that because he’s usually in his serious mode whenever they see each other. She then snapped out of her thoughts when Jiyeon suddenly cleared . “Did his smile take your breath away unnie?” Jiyeon teased as she got in the car. Hyemi shook her head and also went inside.

 

Meanwhile, the others were observing as Jaejoong was smiling foolishly upon entering the store again.

“Someone’s happy here.” Yoochun teased which made Jaejoong snapped back from reality. “I’m not.” He denied as he sat again and ate his slice of pizza. “If you say so.” Yoochun smirked off. Changmin laughed off.

“Yah Changmin. What’s with the attitude a while ago? Are you trying to persuade Hyemi?” Yunho suddenly said to Changmin. Jaejoong who was listening also looked at Changmin to know the reason too.

“I’m not!” He vehemently shook his head. “I was just being nice to her since it’s her first time to meet most of us. The only people she knows are me and Jaejoong hyung. Since hyung doesn’t talk to her, I volunteered myself to accommodate her because she might felt shy or awkward.”

“He’s got a point though. Jaejoong here doesn’t even acknowledge she was with us. Poor Hyemi. I felt bad for her. Maybe that’s the reason why she’s against the marriage. Because Jae is waaayyy too reserved, quiet and cold.” Yoochun suddenly said. “Ouch! Those were too harsh to say.” Yunho said as he elbowed Yoochun.

“Maybe you two should speak with each other to clean up any misunderstandings.” Junsu also said which made Jaejoong think. “Maybe their right. I should go talk to her and explain I’m in love with someone else so that she’ll understand.”

 

“Unnie, do you want to go inside to greet eomma and appa?” Jiyeon asked as they were parked outside their house. “Even for a short while?”

“I don’t think so. I’ll just come whenever I feel like.” Hyemi replied as she removes Dayoung’s seatbelt.

“Annyeon Aunt Hyemi! Thank you for today.” Dayoung said as she hugged Hyemi. “Okay. Thank you also for visiting me.”

“Aunt Hyemi. Remind Uncle Jaejoong about his treat to us so that he won’t forget it.” Lauren also said after she bid farewell. “Arasso. I’ll tell him.” Hyemi smiled back. “Okay. Go inside now. Your eomma and appa might be waiting for you.” The two girls entered the gate and ran inside the house.

“As if you could do that.” Jiyeon suddenly . “Huh?” Hyemi said as she closes the door at the backseat. “As if you could talk to Jaejoong oppa.” She teased again as she grabbed her things.

“Yah Jiyeon! I could do that!” She defended. “Okay if you say so Chef Hyemi.” Jiyeon smiled back. “I’ll go inside now unnie. Take Care.”

“Oh by the way, Good luck on your date with Jaejoong oppa.” Jiyeon teased before going inside.

“Aish! If it wasn’t for the kids…” She said then went inside her car and drove away.

 

Hyemi had just prepared for bed when her phone suddenly rang. She then noticed it was from an unknown number.

“Yoboseo?” She said she answered the phone.

“Hyemi.”A familiar voice said back.

“Oh! Why’d you call?” She said as she remembered

 “I want to say something…”Hyemi’s heart then suddenly was beating fast.

 

Who do you think was the caller? Is it Jaejoong or T.O.P?

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!