Chapter 25

If you asked me to

 

“Why’d you do that Junsu? I just want to ask her name.” Yoochun complained as soon as Hyemi and Minji left.

“Because I know you. And please not Hyemi’s friend. Remember she would be part of our family now and you don’t want to taint your image with her.” Junsu explained which silenced Yoochun.

“I know now why she’s popular in her college. She’s indeed beautiful even on the inside.” Yunho said as he still looks at Hyemi. “You’re one lucky bastard. I’m jealous of you.”

“Yep, that’s the reason why she’s popular with boys at that time. But they were just shy in approaching her because they thought she’s a snob. So others just befriend her first and realize she’s beautiful inside-out.” Changmin also chided. “I wonder what would have happened if I courted her. Would I stand a chance?”

“Hey!” Yoochun smacked him. “Why would you say that in front of the fiancée?” He then gestured at Jaejoong. “So that he’ll know what hyung would miss if he backed out.” Chagmin reasoned.

“Changmin’s right. Hyemi is a woman a guy would want as his wife. The girl doesn’t have a bad pun.” Junsu voiced out. “I don’t think she’s all that nice. Surely, she has something bad to her. As what the saying goes, Nobody’s perfect.” Jaejoong uttered.

“Hyemi sure has pretty friends.” Yunho said as he gestured to Mica and Minji.

“They’re her classmates back in college. Her childhood friends, Hara, Gyuri and Nicole are also pretty like her.” Changmin explained out.

“Oh! Are they the one whom she was talking to earlier? But the other one is already engaged. I saw her wearing a rock on her finger. While the other one, I believe, is already married.” Yunho replied. “But where’s the other one?”

“Yep. Gyuri is married to a one of the owners of a large supermarket while Hara is engaged to Junhyung; the famous engineer. Junsu have worked with him.” Chagmin explained once again.

“You really know a lot from Hyemi.” Yoochun suddenly uttered. “Of course, we have the same circle of friends. And as I’ve told you, I liked her before.” Changmin replied.

“You should share Hyemi’s information to this guy so that he’ll know more of her.” Yoochun said as he gestured towards Jaejoong, who was still quiet.

“Isn’t that Top? Choi Seunghyun?” Yunho suddenly said. The four others looked at where he was pointing. “Is he close with Hyemi?”

“Don’t you remember? He’s with Hyemi when he attended Tiffany’s show.” Junsu explained. “Uh-oh! Top again? Why does every girl that’s affiliated with you is also affiliated to him?” Changmin blurted out.

“Is it coincidence or did he intend it?” Yoochun also said. “You shouldn’t lose to him this time.” He said as he tapped Jaejoong in the shoulder. “They’re just friends. Plus, I don’t care if she likes him or vice versa coz I also like someone.” Jaejoong then shrugged him off.

“If you say so. But look at Hyemi’s eyes as she talks to him. It’s the same one as Tiffany’s when she’s with Top.” Yunho uttered which made Jaejoong look at them.

 

“Hyemi. Hara said that you should get tpo your seat.” Hyemi then excused herself to Seunghyun and went with Mica. Hara and Gyuri went to the front.

“Anneyong. I’m Gyuri and this is Hara. We’re Hyemi’s best friends since high school.” Gyuri voiced out. “We want to greet her a happy birthday and congratulate her for her engagement.”

“And since our other friend Nicole, who now resides in Las Vegas, can’t make it for you birthday today. We decided to make a video message to you.” Hara then gestured towards the screen. Nicole was wearing a party hat and is holding a cake. She then started to sing.

“Annyeong! I’m Nicole, the celebrant’s bestfriend. Hyemi, I’m sorry if I can’t make it to your birthday today. You already know why I can’t. Anyhoo, Happy Birthday Chingu! I have three wishes for you on your birthday. I wish you stay as you are; beautiful and kind. I hope you would have good health and last but not the least I wish Sweet Escape will broaden its success. I will look forward to the day you open a shop here. Originally, on the first video I made, I have four wishes for you. The fourth one was for you to meet the guy you’ll marry. But Gyuri and Nicole informed me a while ago, which is yesterday by the time you watch this, that you’re engaged so I made one again. Yay! Congratulations! Whoever the guy is, be sure to take care of Hyemi. She’s a precious jewel to all of us and she’s been a true friend to me. Don’t you dare hurt her or else…” Nicole then flexed her hands as if to prepare for a fight. “Kidding! Anyways, I hope I’ll be there on your marriage. I’m still unsure but I’ll try my best. Keep me updated! Annyeong!” Nicole blew the candle on the cake and waved goodbye.

Hyemi was in tears upon watching the video. She’s been sad that her friend wasn’t able to come to her birthday. But because of it, her mood cheered up. “Khamsamnida! I really like it!” She said as she hugged her friends. “But it would have been the best if Nicole was here.”

 

The party went on and guests were now going home. Only her close friends and family were left behind. She was then bidding farewell to Hara and Gyuri.

“Thank you for coming.” She then hugged them. “Your eomma said Sophia would be a flower girl on your wedding day.” Gyuri said.

“Yeah, she is along with Lauren and Dayoung.” Hyemi replied in assurance. “Next time we should head out with your fiancée.” Hara said as she looked at Jaejoong. “Annyeong Jaejoong-sshi! We should go out some other time!” She called out which surprised Jaejoong so he just nodded. “Mica and I will head out too.” Minji then hugged her. “Okay, thank you for the cake. See you.” Hyemi responded.  “See you at work tomorrow. Happy Birthday again.” Mica also said and then went on their car.

 

Kim household and Jaejoong’s friends were the only one remaining now.

“Jae, we’ll go now too. Congratulations on your engagement.” Junsu said. He then faced Hyemi. “Happy Birthday. I hope you like my gift.”

“I hope you’ll like mine too.” Yoochun also chided in. “Congratulations. You’ll now be part of our family.” Yunho said as he hugged Hyemi.

“Congrats hyung, Hyemi.” Changmin also retorted.

“Thank you for coming today. I really appreciate it.” Hyemi responded. The four of them nodded and went on their way; leaving Hyemi and Jaejoong alone.

“Let’s go inside. They might be waiting for us.” Hyemi then started to walk but Jaejoong called him. “Hyemi.” She looked back and curiosity was evident in her eyes. Jaejoong then took out something from his pocket and handed it to her. “I don’t know what to give to you on your birthday so I asked the saleslady. I hope you like it.”

She opened it and found a bracelet inside with her gemstone on it. “Oh khamsamnida.” She said as she still looked at it. “It’s beautiful. It has my birthstone.”

“I’m glad you like it.”  Jaejoong said as he looked on at her then turning away as she looks at him. “Let’s go inside.” Jaejoong said as he walked away. Hyemi smiled as she followed still holding on to the gift he gave to her.

 

Before going to bed, Hyemi sent a message to a person who wasn’t around her party.

Hey you! Why’d you miss my birthday? I thought we’re friends. T_T You should explain to me why’d you bail out. It must be reasonable one. I’m sad you didn’t come.

She then sent it to Siwon’s number.

 

 

Omo!!! Jae gifted her a bracelet. Will this be the start of something new? And why didn’t Siwon show himself on the party? Tune in on the next chapter and let’s all find out.

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!