Chapter 21

If you asked me to

 

“Is that your final decision my dear? If you were just burdened because of us, then don’t stick with the plan. Your parents are right. We don’t want you to suffer because of us.” Mrs. Kim uttered with surprise.

But Hyemi is still strong about her decision. “It’s my choice. I just realized you we’re right. I should marry at my age so that I can start my own family and I think Jaejoong-sshi is a good guy.”

Hyemi’s mom and Mrs. Kim were in tears upon hearing that. They were overjoyed that Hyemi is now on the same boat as they are. “How about Jaejoong? Is it okay with him?” Mrs. Lee asked out of concern.

“Yep, he’s okay with it. In fact, we already gave him the family’s engagement ring. He gladly accepted it and said he’ll find a way to give it to Hyemi.” Mrs. Kim replied and then suddenly a thought occurred to her. “Which gives me an idea, I should tell Jae about it.” She happily took her phone and dialed his number but after a few rings he still didn’t pick it up. “Maybe he’s busy; I’ll just break the good news later.”

“We have to plan everything.” Mrs. Lee also happily replied. “This good news really made me feel a whole lot better.”

“I guess we’ll be one family again.” Mr. Kim said as reached out his hand to his friend. Mr. Lee, in turn, shook hands with him. “I guess so.”

 

After that, both of the mothers and Mishil were talking about everything. Hyemi was just there listening to their conversations and was just responding whenever she was asked. When she had enough of pretending, she politely excused herself. She went to the nearest café to have some time contemplating. She didn’t know Suzy, Qri and Jiyeon followed her when they noticed she wasn’t around.

“So what’s the future Mrs. Kim doing here alone? Aren’t you supposed to be with them discussing about everything?” Qri said as they sat with her.

“How did you know about it?” Hyemi asked as she was surprised by their company. “They were talking about it unnie when we came in the room.” Suzy answered her.

“Why do I suddenly feel like you’re not thrilled with the idea?” Jiyeon butted in. “Why? Do you have some doubts?” Qri asked too.

“Well….” Hyemi started but then trailed off. “So you’re uncertain about this, unnie?” Suzy asked again when she noticed Hyemi was giving signs she’s still indecisive.

“If you’re still in doubt, then you should stop all of this.” Jiyeon suddenly said. “Don’t let them control you.”

“I’m not. If you’ve seen how they look when they learned the engagement is off. Grief was evident in their face. I can’t live happily if I know I’ve hurt their feelings because of my selfish act.” Hyemi replied also with a sad tone.

“But you’re the one who live in sorrow if you do that.” Qri also said with concern.

“It’s fine with me. I don’t want my see my parents miserable. I promise myself not to cause pain to my parents after that incident.” She replied again which surprised the three with the bringing up of that topic.

“But unnie it was ages ago. You should release yourself from that guilt.” Jiyeon uttered.

“Just a week ago, you were convincing me to agree to the marriage and now you’re on the different side again when I’m on the same team. What happened? Besides, I think Jaejoong is a great catch don’t you think?” Hyemi then joked which lightened up the mood.

“Well I hope you’ll live your life happily with Jaejoong oppa.” Jiyeon smiled and then hugged her sister.

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong was on his way home when he got a message. Upon reading it, he made his car turn around and go somewhere else. He went to the Han River and saw the girl he was looking for; her back on him. He then cleared his throat upon getting near her which made her aware that he has already arrived. She then smiled at him.

“I’m glad you came, oppa. For a second, I thought you wouldn’t show up.” Tiffany said as she smiles. “What do you want to talk about? Make it fast because I have to go somewhere.” Jaejoong replied with a cold tone. Tiffany ignored it and just smiled at him. “You didn’t go to my send-off party that’s why I asked you to meet me.”

“Haven’t I told you I have a meeting tomorrow early? Besides, you’ll do fine without me.” Jaejoong coldly replied again.

“Oppa.” She sighed and then continued. “You know you’re very important to me. And it pains me that you’re treating me this way; you’re ignoring my existence.”

“What do you want me to do? Act normal like nothing happened?” Jaejoong said accusingly. “Oppa, I can’t live my life without you. You’re one of the very few people that I treasure in my heart.” Tiffany muttered.

“You know that’s not enough for me. You know how much I love you. But then you just rejected me. Do you think I would be okay after that?” He spoke again. “I’ve done everything for you. I’ve been always here for you but you clearly don’t notice me.”

“Oppa, you know why I did that. You know how much my career means to me. I’d give up everything for it.” Tiffany said with apologetic look. “You know I’ve been dreaming about this ever since I was young; to be a well-known artist my parents will be proud of.”

“You’d give up everything for that dream of yours even me.” Jaejoong said again. “If you give me a chance, you will live with me happily. I will provide everything for you. I won’t let you work and have a hard time. I’ll make sure I’ll be a perfect husband to you... You can just stay here in Korea and perform.”

“I may be happy with that but I won’t be contented with just that. It has always been my dream to perform in huge crowds. I want them to appreciate my music. I want to move people’s hearts with my piano. I won’t be contented with just playing here.” She explained. “Now that the opportunity is around, why should I leave everything for you? I can’t waste all of those years training just to marry you. I won’t be blissful with that.”

Jaejoong was then struck upon hearing it from her. “You know how grateful I am upon learning your confession. Any girl will be lucky to be with you. You’re the most caring and good-natured guy I’ve ever seen. I’m just sad that I might not be that girl.”

“You know my heart only yearns for you.” Jaejoong muttered again. Tiffany was now crying upon hearing it.

“I’m sad that it will come to a point where I have to choose between you and my career. And you know very well, what I would choose.” She replied which silenced the both of them. Jaejoong then understood what she meant. “I know. You’re choosing your career over me. Well, I hope you live a good life.” He then faked a smile and awkwardly tapped her on the shoulder. He was about to walk out when Tiffany said something. “Oppa, when I get back. You’re the first person I will seek out.” Jaejoong just looked back and went on his way.

 

The next morning, Jaejoong woke up late. He was alarmed by several calls on his phone. He looked at his phone and hurriedly got dressed. He drove as fast as he can. He wasn’t minding about the road. He was just focused on getting to the airport before she left. Upon arriving, he hurriedly searched for Tiffany. He then spotted her as she was about to board the plane.

“Tiffany.” Jaejoong shouted which surprised her. “Oppa.” She happily smiled. “I’m glad you decided to see me before I went away.”

“I can’t stop myself from not seeing you before you leave.” He said as he hugged her. “Don’t worry. I’ll be back and I’ll message you as soon as I landed.” She smiled.

“PR 290 bound to New York will leave in a while. This is the last call for all passengers of PR 290 bound to New York. Please board the plane. Thank you and Have a nice day.”

“That was my cue.” She said as she wipes her tears. “Take Care.” He then kissed her on the forehead before letting go.

“I’ll see you soon oppa. Annyeong!”Tiffany said as she waved her hand. Jaejoong then did the same. He still didn’t leave without seeing Tiffany board the plane.

 

Jaejoong was then surprised by a call when he was driving home. It was from his mother.

“Yah Kim Jaejoong!! Where did you go? You didn’t get home early last night and now you left without eating your breakfast. Where are you now?”

“I just went to the airport to send Tiffany off. But I’m heading home.”

“Yah you shouldn’t act like that from now on especially that you’re about to married. You should be responsible. What would Hyemi and her family think?”

“Eomma, what did you say???” Jaejoong asked with disbelief.

“I said Hyemi already agreed into the marriage. You’ll now be married to her. Which brings me, where did you place the ring I gave to you? You should give to her now.”

Jaejoong was then shocked upon hearing it. He thought she would never agree into it. Now that Tiffany gave a hope for him, this suddenly happened.

“Kim Jaejoong. Can you hear me? You should get home now!!”

 

Omo! What would Jae do? Will he still agree with the marriage now that Tiffany gave him a hope? And did you find it fishy when Hyemi brought up about her past? I wonder what it was. Let’s all find out soon! ^^

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!