Familiar person

If you asked me to

 

Hyemi was preparing for bed when she received a call. “Yoboseo?” She asked as soon as she picked up the phone. “Hyemi-ah!” A familiar voice said on the other line. “Who is this?” she asked again. “It’s just two years and now you forget about me, your ex-fiancée.”

 “Oh! Siwon-sshi! I’m sorry about that I lost my phone a year ago. I asked for a new phone with the same number but I haven’t retained any new contacts.”

“It’s okay. By the way, where are you right now?”

“I’m here at Jeju, visiting my grandparents. I’m here with the whole family. ”

“Oh really? Is there an announcement or something? As far as I know, you don’t visit the elders in a short notice.”

“I don’t know too. They said there would be important visitors tomorrow. I bet it’s about business.”

“But… Anyway, I’ll be back in Seoul on Monday at the afternoon. Are you there by then?”

“Yes, I will be. You should drop by my shop. It’s bigger than before.” Hyemi proudly said to her friend.

“For sure, I will. I would try every food on your menu.”He happily said.

“Okay, see you on Monday oppa. Take care on your way.” Hyemi said then hung up on him. “I’m glad he’s back in town again.” She said and went on to sleep.

 

The next day, they were busy preparing foods for their visitor. Qri, who is a famous event planner, was the head of the arrangement.

“Where would I place these flowers unnie?” Suzy asked Qri. “Place it on the center of the table.”

“Jiyeon, I think that orange cushion looks good on that.” Qri said. Jiyeon nodded and placed the cushions on the chairs.

“Are our guest really that important?” Mir asked as he put some lighting above the patio. “Yes, they are. From now on, they would be part of our family.” Leeteuk replied which puzzled Mir.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Hyemi was the head. She prepared different dishes along with her mom, her Aunt Miyun and her grandmother. Yoona and Taeyeon were helping with light tasks because they were pregnant.

“Did they pick up the guest already?” The elder Mrs. Lee asked. “Yeah, eomonim. My husband and Donghae are at the airport waiting for them.” “Eomma, where is appa?” Miyun asked the elder Mrs. Lee. “I think he went to the farm to check on something.” The elder Lee replied. “He went with the kids so that they won’t destroy the preparations.” Yoona replied. “Oh unnie. You shouldn’t do that. You should rest on the couch.” Hyemi said to Taeyeon. “It’s okay. I’m just drying the dishes. It’s not a hard thing.” Taeyeon replied.

 

“Flight PR256 from Seoul has now arrived.”The announcer said at the airport. “Oh, they’ve landed already. Let’s go to the arrival area.” Mr. Lee said to his son. Donghae nodded in return. After a few minutes, the Kim family arrived. “Oh! Annyeong!” Mr. Lee said. “Did have a good flight?” “Oh, yeah. Thank you for fetching us here.” Mr. Kim replied. “By the way, did your parents agree into it?” “Yeah, they actually did. Abeoji just have a condition. He wants to see how your son behaves.” Mr. Kim muttered, low enough for the others to hear. “Let’s go. They are waiting at the house.” Donghae then led them to their car. “Oppa, is Hyemi unnie and Jiyeon already at the house?” Jieun suddenly asked. “Yea Jieun-sshi, they’re at the house already.” Donghae replied and in the car. All throughout the trip, Jaejoong was silent. He would just answer whenever he’s asked. The truth is he didn’t know that they’re going to the Lee family. This bothers him because for him he’d rather spend the whole day with his friends, especially Tiffany. “Oppa, look! Jeju is really beautiful.” Jieun said to him but he didn’t respond so she pouted at him and turned her back to him.

After a few minutes, they arrived at the Lee residence.

“Abeoji, Eomeonim.” Mr. Lee said as when he entered the house. “Here is my friend Kim Jaemin and his family.” They all greeted each other. All of the Lee family was introduced and also the Kim family. “This is my wife and children, Jaejoong and Jieun.” Mr. Kim said as he introduced his family. “This are my parents, of course you already know my family. This is my younger sister Miyun. Her husband is Dr. Hong Soo Park. This is their eldest and only son Jungsu and his wife Taeyeon. These are their children Mason and Mavin. These are his sisters Qri and Suzy.” Mr. Lee also said.

“Let’s go at the backyard. We have lunch prepared for you.” The head of the house said. They all went and the Kim family was surprised because there were many foods prepared for them. “I hope we didn’t bother you all.” Mrs. Kim said as she took her seat. “Don’t worry. It’s fine with us. You’ll be part of our family too.” The elder Mrs. Lee said. Those who were listening were surprised by what the old lady said. “Did you hear what halmeoni said?” Jiyeon said to Suzy who just nodded her head. “What’s the meaning behind that?” Qri also said. Hyemi looked at her brother, Donghae for some answers but he just smiled back at her. Jaejoong looked at his parents too but there weren’t answers from them. “Help yourself on the food.”Mrs. Lee suddenly said as she breaks the ice. “Hyemi was the one who suggested on preparing all of these.” Mrs. Lee proudly said. “You should get married soon. You’re husband will be lucky to have you as his wife.” Mrs. Kim said to Hyemi which she just smiled in response.

“So you’re into construction?” The elder Mr. Lee suddenly said. “Yes, sir. We’re currently one of the top construction companies here in Korea.” Mr. Kim proudly answered. “What does your son do for a living?” The elder Lee was referring to Jaejoong. “I’m currently the Vice-President of our company.” He politely replied. “Heard you started from the bottom of the company, is that true?” The elder Lee asked again. “Yes, sir. I experienced being a janitor for a month. I was placed at every department of the company to know more about the different areas.” “Do you have a girlfriend at the moment?” The elder Lee asked again which shocked Jaejoong. “None at the moment, sir.” He politely replied. “Are you interested with someone?” The elder Lee asked again. Jaejoong was quite irritable because of the personal questions being asked but he kept it cool. “None, sir.” He replied. Of course, there is one but he had to lie since his own family also doesn’t know about his feelings for Tiffany. The elder Lee nodded his head and looked at Jieun who was scared by the way the he questioned her brother. “How about you young lady? Are you still studying?” He asked her with a more subtle approach. “I-I’m currently studying fashion designing in Seoul University.” She replied. “Oh! Taeyeon is your sunbae. She also finished fashion designing in that school.” Miyun suddenly said. “Oh! Really? Annyeong sunbaenim!” Jieun bowed at Taeyeon. After that, stories were shared between the two families. As usual, Jaejoong would only answers questions directed to him. Otherwise, he would stay quiet and tried to listen to the stories.

“Up until now I’m still curious about what halmeoni said.” Jiyeon uttered while they’re at the backyard. “Me too. They’re definitely hiding something from us.” Suzy also said. “Do you know anything Jieun?” Qri suddenly asked her. “Anniyo unnie. Actually, we don’t know we’re going here.” Jieun replied. “Look the elders are at harabeoji’s office again.” Yoona said while she went towards them. “They’re talking about something important. I think.” Taeyeon also said.

“Eomma!!!!” Mason suddenly cried as he went to his mother. “What’s wrong my baby?” Taeyeon asked as she hugged him. “Mavin and uncle Mir said I’m Megatron. But I want to be Optimus Prime.” Mason said still crying. “Mir! Mavin! Let Mason be Optimus Prime, okay?” Taeyeon called out. Mir and Mavin nodded and called Mason back.

“By the way, where is Hyemi?” Qri suddenly asked. “She’s playing princess with Dayoung and Lauren.” Yoona said as she gestured towards them. “She’s really close to children.” Jieun said upon observing her. “She is. She adores them very much. There are times where she would take them all out for a day and she manages them well. Sometimes, my children would ask for her while I’m with them. They really love her.” Yoona replied. Jieun smiled at the thought. “That’s the reason why people say to her to get married already to have children on her own.” Qri also said. “Uhm, Jieun is your oppa always like that?” Suzy suddenly said as he gestured towards Jaejoong who was sitting alone from afar.

Jaejoong was getting bored at the house and he was also curious by what happened earlier. “I wonder why we have to travel all the way here. It’s the Lee’s family reunion not ours.” He said to himself as he looked at the others doing their own thing. “And now I’m stuck here alone while I should have been at lunch with my friends.” He muttered silently. He then took out his phone and sent Tiffany a message. “What’s up Fany? Are you busy?” After a few minutes, he didn’t get a reply from her so he got bored again. He then decided to play with his phone.

He was too absorbed in the game when suddenly someone tugged on his arm. He was about to scold that person when he realized it was a little girl. He recognized it as one of Mr. Lee’s granddaughter. “Are you Lauren?” He asked her. The little girl nodded. “Do you need anything?” He asked again. “Why are you sitting alone oppa?” She asked back to him. “I was playing with my phone.” He answered at her. “Do you have Pororo there?” Lauren asked again. “I don’t have one.” He then showed his phone. “Do you have anything to do oppa?” Lauren cutely asked again. “Nothing, why?” He asked back too. “I’m playing princess with my sister and my aunt Hyemi.” She then gestured at the other two who was having a tea party. “Dayoung and I are princesses and aunt Hyemi is a queen. Now, I’m finding a king for her so she’ll be happy. Can you be one? It’s just for a short time promise.” Lauren cutely begged him. He finds her quite irresistible so he nodded his head. “Yay! Aunt Hyemi will be happy to have a king now.” She then held onto his hand which surprised because she’s the first girl, aside from Hyemi, Jieun and his mom that held onto him like that. She then pulled him to where her sister and aunt were. “Dayoungie! Aunt Hyemi! I found a king for you!” Lauren happily exclaimed as she approached them. Hyemi looked at her direction and was shocked upon seeing Jaejoong with her niece. “Oh! Lauren, don’t be rude with our guest. Haven’t I told you not to bother them?” Hyemi suddenly said to her niece. “But auntie, he said he doesn’t have anything to do so I asked him. Plus you don’t have a king so I asked him if he can be one. He said yes.” Lauren reasoned out. “Of course he will say yes, no one can say no to you.” Hyemi then pinched her niece’s nose which made her laugh. She then looked at Jaejoong. “I’m sorry if she bothered you. Don’t worry she won’t do it again. You can now go back to what you were doing.” Hyemi said as she apologized. Lauren also did the same. “I’m sorry for disturbing you oppa.” “It’s okay. You didn’t disturb me.” Jaejoong replied. Hyemi then smiled at him. He noticed she also got that eye smile that Tiffany always does to him. This took his breath away. He then stood up and went back to his seat. He found them very entertaining so he watched them play. He noticed how Hyemi would play with her niece and how she would laugh and talk to them. The scene in front of him made him happy so he was smiling as he looks at them.

“Ehem.” Someone suddenly cleared . He looked back and saw his sister, Jieun. “What are you looking at oppa?” She said as she sat beside him. “Nothing.” He then took out his phone and played with it again. Jieun, looked to where he was looking at a while ago and noticed it was at Hyemi’s direction. “So you’re looking at Hyemi unnie.” Jieun happily said to him. “Why’d you have to lie about that?” But there was no response from Jaejoong. “Aish oppa! Stop being like that or else you won’t have a wife in the near future.” Jieun said as she sulked at her brother.

The elders came out at the office with a smile on their faces. “Time to take out the dessert.” Mrs. Lee suddenly said as she went towards the kitchen. “I’ll gather them all.” Mr. Lee also said as he went outside. They were all excited for their announcement.

 

Are they going to announce the engagement? How will the two react upon learning it? And what is Siwon’s role in Hyemi’s life?

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!