Talk to her soon

If you asked me to

 

Hyemi looked around the arrival area, looking for that familiar person she wants to see. “Siwon!!!!” She screamed as she practically run to him. “I’m so glad to see you.” She then hugged him which earned a laugh from him. “Easy there. Boy you sure are glad to see me.” He said as she loosened her grip on him.  “It’s been two years without you. I missed you so much. You owe me a lot.” She scoffed off. “Are you alone? Where is your family?” He asked as he looked around. “Nope. I went back alone.” Her face saddened as she mentioned it. Siwon felt the change in her tone so he avoided the topic. “Let’s get you home first.” “Actually, I don’t want to go home yet. Let’s eat somewhere. I’m getting hungry.” She said as she tugged her luggage. “Okay. Let me carry that for you.” He then got the luggage from her. “Let’s go.”

 

“Hey, your shop got bigger. I dropped by yesterday. Minji and Mica were too busy with their work.  Because you weren’t around, they have to double their work.” Siwon said as he finished eating. “Maybe there were new orders again. That’s the reason why I left early, I felt bad leaving them behind with all those chores to do.” Hyemi answered. “By the way, why did you come back to Korea earlier? I thought you’ll arrive today.”

“I have to settle my apartment that’s why I returned earlier. Plus I had an instinct that you’ll need me any time soon. Well, it turns out I was right.” He smiled at her. “So what’s the problem this time?” Hyemi drank her water first before answering him. “Same old. They still want me to get married but this time they were out of bounds. They have already planned before talking to me first. I just learned in Jeju that I was already engaged. They’re too much.” She then sulked.

“Who is it this time?” Siwon curiously asked. “It’s Kim Jaejoong. They own the Kim Construction Corp. and he’s a son of appa’s friend.” She replied as she sighed.

“You should have agreed into our marriage before so that you won’t have a problem like this anymore.”  He jokingly said. “Silly!” Hyemi just laughed off. He too laughed back but deep inside he really meant it.

“I’m not against him. But you know I don’t want an arranged marriage. Especially now…” She then trailed off. “Especially what?”’ Siwon curiously asked again. “Seunghyun and I are in contact.” She happily said which changed Siwon’s smile. “Oh. The guy you’ve been crushing ever since? Is he courting you?”

“No, he’s not. We’re just friends.” She smiled again. “So are you against this marriage because of T.O.P?” He asked again. “No, it’s not about him too. I just don’t believe in arranged marriage.” She seriously replied. “I know it works for others but I don’t think it would ever work for me. You know how I strongly believe in love.”

“And that’s the reason why they said you’ll be an old maid.” He joked which made Hyemi pout. “But don’t worry, if you haven’t found a groom, I would be willing to take over the place.” Hyemi just smiled at him. “I will surely keep that in mind.” Siwon then threw a crumb of bread at her. “Are you still choosy? You know I’m one of the eligible bachelors here in Korea along with your crush and your fiancée. Many girls want to be with me.” He proudly said. “That’s why I’m proud to be your friend. And please don’t use the word fiancée on him. I told you won’t agree into it.” She scoffed off. “If you say so.” Siwon replied. “By the way, are you going straight to your shop?”

“Yep.” She replied after finishing her drink. “How about your things?” Siwon asked. “I’ll stay at my apartment above the shop.” “Oh! Is that you’re apartment?” He said in surprise. “Yep. I have it constructed last year. I stayed there about a year but then my parents asked me to move back and so I did. I just stay there whenever I have to work all night.” She replied. “So let’s go. I have to report at the hospital.” He said as he pays their food. “Where? In Seoul Hospital again?” She asked as they head out. “Yeah. After they learned I came back, they want to absorb me in the hospital as a resident surgeon again.” He proudly said. “Omo! I’m happy for you! Let’s celebrate next time, okay?” She said with a smile. “Kaja!”

 

“Hyemi!!” Mica and Minji celebrated upon seeing their friend. “We’re glad you came back early. We received an order for a debut tomorrow.” Mica said. “I told them it’s not possible because it was a short notice and we have so many orders. But they insisted and said they’ll double the price.” Minji also said as she sighs. “Don’t worry. That’s the reason why I came back and I’ll now stay upstairs so it wouldn’t be a problem.” She then prepared herself for the work. “Is there something wrong Hyemi?” Minji asked in concern. “I’m fine.” She smiled in assurance and went on in preparing the order. “Something must’ve happened back in Jeju that’s why she’s moving back upstairs.” Mica said to Minji as they observed their friend. “That’s what I think too. We should talk to her later.” Minji also replied and went on with their chores.

 

After long hours of doing her work, Hyemi went to take her break at the office. She opened her phone and found that there were several missed calls and messages from her parents and also from her siblings. Suddenly, there was a knock on his office door.

“Chef, you’re mother is asking for you at shop.” Her assistant said. “Tell her we have plenty of orders for today and I can’t talk to her right now.” Hyemi replied as she opens her laptop. “Oh! And tell her, I will be staying at my apartment. I’ll talk to them soon.”

“Yes chef.” Her assistant said as she retreats her back. She then went straight to the shop and talked to Hyemi’s mom.

“Mrs. Lee, Chef Hyemi is very busy today because we have many orders placed. She can’t come and talk to you now. She told me tell you that she’ll stay at her apartment for the mean time and she said she’ll talk to you soon.” Inna bowed and went back to the kitchen.

Mrs. Lee was saddened by what Inna told her. She knew her daughter still feels bad about the announcement. She was about to stand up when she saw Siwon enter the shop.

“Oh Auntie!” Siwon greeted upon seeing her. “Siwon! You’re the one that could help me right now.” She replied back.

 

Hmm… I wonder what she would ask from Siwon. Will he help her knowing that he also likes Hyemi?

Look out for the next chapter! , your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!

Sorry for the late update! I was too busy preparing for my best friend's wedding that's why I haven't got the chance to write new chapter. Now that I'm at home recovering from my minor surgery, Frenectomy, I will update as much as I can! :)