Chapter 15

If you asked me to

 

After Tiffany’s last performance, she garnered standing ovation from the audience.

“Oh! She’s great. I hope she would make it big on the International scene.” Hyemi happily clapped her hands.

“Let’s go greet her at the back.” Seunghyun said as he assisted Hyemi out to the backstage.

 

Upon arriving, Hyemi noticed familiar faces.

“Oh! Junsu-sshi!” Hyemi greeted. Yunho looked to her direction and recognized her also. “Oh Hyemi! You’re also here.”

“Yep, my friend actually invited me here.” Hyemi then gestured at Seunghyun.

“Oh! I know him. He’s Jaejoong’s business partner.” Junsu replied as he smiled at Seunghyun. “Yep, I’m the Architect for a project.” Seunghyun replied back.

“Do you know Tiffany, too?” Hyemi suddenly asked. “She’s also a friend from way back. Actually all of us are his friend.” Junsu said.

“Oh! By the way, where are the others?” Hyemi said as she looked around.

“They’re also waiting for Tiffany. She’s talking to the producers.” After a few seconds, Yunho, Changmin and Yoochun arrived.

 

“Tiffany is still at the room. I hope she would make it.” Yunho said as he approached Junsu. He didn’t recognize Hyemi.

“Oh! Hyemi! You’re also here?” Changmin suddenly said. “Hyemi!?” Yunho and Yoochun blurted out. They didn’t notice her because she was dolled-up.

“I didn’t recognize you for a second. You’re very pretty.” Yunho said in surprise which made Hyemi blush.

“He’s wrong. You’ve gotten more beautiful. You look glamorous tonight.” Yoochun also said in amazement.

“Khamsamnida Yunho-sshi. Yoochun-sshi.” Hyemi thanked as she was still blushing from the compliments.

“By the way, you also know Tiffany?” Changmin asked again. “She’s a former schoolmate. But actually, I was just invited by Seunghyun oppa.” Hyemi then gestured at Seunghyun who was also unnoticed by them.

“Oh! Seunghyun, you’re also here.” Changmin just retorted. “Yep, I’m here because of a promise I made with Tiffany.” Seunghyun replied.

“He went here for Tiffany but she brought another girl with her. What a player.” Changmin said low enough for only the four of them to hear. Suddenly, they heard Tiffany shrieking as she went out of the room.

“I got it! I got it! I got it!!” She happily bounced in her place. The four guys were also in celebratory mood as they hugged her.

“I’m happy for you, Tiff.” Yunho happily said. “I knew you would make it. You’re born with a natural gift.” Yoochun also said as he handed her flowers.

“Thank you oppas for being here with me and supporting me, I couldn’t have done it without your support and encouragement.” She happily said.

“By the way, where is hyung?” Changmin said as he looked around. “He sent me a message that he was here a few hours ago.”

“He was but then I didn’t saw him during the performance. Where the hell did he go?” Junsu also said as he looked around. Tiffany’s face then dropped. She knew why Jaejoong’s been missing.

“Maybe something came up. Don’t worry Tiff. I know he’s also happy for you.” Yunho said which didn’t ease Tiffany’s grief.

“By the way, someone visited you here.”  Yoochun changed the topic and gestured at Seunghyun.

“Oh! Oppa! I’m glad that you came. I was really hoping you would show up.” Tiffany said with enthusiasm.

“Yep, I wouldn’t miss this chance of witnessing you achieve your dreams. I’m happy for you.” He said as he also handed a bouquet of flowers.

“Oh! Khamsamnida oppa. You shouldn’t have bothered.” Tiffany said again while showing her eye smile.

“By the way, here’s Hyemi. She’s our schoolmate. We starred in a spring play with her remember? Well she’s know a chef.” Seunghyun said as he gestured at Hyemi.

“Hi! You were great back there. I’m happy for you.” Hyemi said as she congratulates her.

“Oh Khamsamnida.” Tiffany replied with lesser enthusiasm than before. Hyemi realized this and retorted back. “Don’t worry I’m not his girlfriend or anything. He just dragged me here.” Hyemi joked which earned a smile from Tiffany.

“Let’s go celebrate!!” Changmin said as he eased the tension he’s sensing. “That’s a great idea. Seunghyun and Hyemi should also go, right Tiff?” Yoochun also said which Tiffany nodded in agreement. “Kaja!”

 

They went on a near restaurant to celebrate.

“To Tiffany’s international debut!! Cheers!!” Yunho said which the others also joined in.

Out of the blue, Jaejoong arrived.

“Celebrating without me?” He sarcastically said as he sat next to Changmin and stole his drink away from the younger one.

“Did you drink already Jae?” Yoochun said as he eyed his friend. “Who? Me? I’m not drunk, okay?” he said as he drinks another round. He then noticed Seunghyun.

“Oh! TOP. Seunghyun is here. My business partner is here.” He said as he placed an arm around him. “Boy, I’m so glad to see you here. You’re just the person I want to see right now.” He then drank another round.

“Who is this pretty lady beside you? You’re girlfriend?” He smirked at Tiffany upon saying the last question.

“Actually, she’s Hyemi.” Yunho correctes. “Hyemi. Lee Hyemi?” He said as he eyed her. “So my future wife is also here. Are you also a friend of this handsome guy?”

“Jaejoong oppa, you’re drunk already. You should go home and take a rest.” Tiffany suddenly blurted out but Jaejoong ignored her.

“You really sure are a ladies’ man.” Jaejoong said as he tapped Seunghyun on the shoulder. “Do you have problem with me? Always stealing what’s mine.” He sarcastically said. “You know I asked…. To marry me… But she…”

“Oppa! You should go home!!” Tiffany called out as she stood up which made Jaejoong speechless.

“That’s what you’re good at; always pushing me away. Tsk.” Jaejoong said before standing up and leaving them in awe.

“I’m sorry for that Seunghyun, Hyemi. Maybe he’s going through a rough time.” Tiffany said as she drinks.

Hyemi was uneasy so she stood up from her chair. “I’m going to look out for him. Something might happen to him. I’m sorry.” She then walked away. Seunghyun called her but Yunho hold him back. “Let her be.”

 

That was so intense. How thoughtful of Hyemi to follow Jae out. How would Tiffany and Seunghyun react after this? Find out next chapter!! ^^

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!