Chapter 30

If you asked me to

 

Jaejoong was in their hotel room finishing some reports he left hanging because of their trip. He decided to finish it all since he’s not in the mood to wander off. After quite some time, he took a break and wasn’t surprised at all that Hyemi’s not around. He knew it was unfair of him to avoid her but he don’t know what to say or what to do. And he still can’t forget Tiffany and what she said at the wedding.

Tiffany.” He sighed as he slouched as his chair and closed his eyes. “Why did it all fall out of place?”

Just then he heard his phone ring. “Yoboseo?” He said as he answered the phone.

“Kim Jaejoong. It’s me Yoochun. How’s everything man? Did you go all the way with Hyemi?” Yoochun laughed as he said the last sentence.

“No. We don’t. What are you talking about?” Jaejoong said in defensive.

“What!? No good, bro. Tsk.Tsk. Tsk.” Yoochun replied. Suddenly, it was Changmin who’s speaking. “Hyung! Where is Hyemi? I want to talk to her!”

“Yah! Why are you so eager to talk to her? Just so you know she’s my wife. Do you still like her?” Jaejoong scolded him. He then heard a thud as if Changmin was hit.

“Don’t mind him, Jae. By the way, where is our sister-in-law?”  Yunho also asked.

“She’s… She’s wandering outside. I don’t know.”

“What?! It’s your honeymoon trip and you’re leaving her all by herself!? What kind of a husband are you!?”  Yunho voiced out over the phone. He then heard protests from his friends.

“Hyung. You should go with her. What if a random stranger suddenly took advantage!?” Changmin voiced out again.

“What if she got lost!?  Poor Hyemi. I bet she’s really disappointed with you.” Yoochun also said.

“Jae…” Junsu said in a calm tone. “Haven’t we told you that you would try this marriage? What are you doing? If it happened the other way around and you’re the one in Hyemi’s position, what would you feel?” Jaejoong was silent as it sinks to him.

“Please. Give it a shot. Try to extend out to her. Forget Tiffany and focus on her. You’ll find out more things about her that’ll make you like her. And stop with your work, you’re on a vacation. Enjoy this trip.” Junsu continued. This enlightened Jaejoong.

“Okay. Okay. I’ll try.” He replied. “See you soon.” He then hanged up. He arranged his things and stow away his laptop in his bag. He noticed it was already dark so he went out and searched for Hyemi.

 

Hyemi was with Hannah and Kent. They all came back to the hotel after doing activities. They made her try riding the banana boat, kayaking, Jet Ski and island hopping.

“Thank you for today. I really really appreciate it. I had so much fun.” Hyemi gratefully thanked them.

“It’s okay. We’re glad you enjoyed the trip. At least, you got to do something before we leave here.” Hannah replied. “Don’t forget we’ll still have things to do tomorrow so we have to meet up after breakfast, okay?”

“I’ll be glad if your husband would join us so that I’m not the only guy and you have your partner.” Kent also said.

“Okay. I’ll ask him.” Hyemi uttered. But she was sure, he wouldn’t join. “I’ll head back now.”

“Join dinner with us. I know you’re left alone again since your husband is still working.” Hannah suddenly offered.

“No, it’s okay. I’m not really hungry. Plus, I don’t want to be too much of a hassle between the two of you.” Hyemi politely declined.

“No, it’s fine with us. Come on. The seafood at the resort’s restaurant is really good.” Kent also said. Hyemi got no choice but to agree since seafood is her favorite especially prawns.

 

They were about to head out when they ran into Jaejoong.

“Jaejoong-sshi.” Hyemi uttered as she was startled.

“Oh. Is he your husband?” Hannah asked in English. Hyemi nodded her head. “He’s my husband, Jaejoong Kim.”

“Oh nice to meet you man. I’m Kent Steele and this is my wife, Hanna.” Kent extended out his hands while Jaejoong politely shook it. “I’m Jaejoong Kim.” He replied in English. “Nice to meet you.”

“Sorry for stealing your wife away from you. I saw her alone by the beach so I asked her to accompany us.” Hannah also said.

“No it’s okay. At least, she got to wander around.” He replied as he looks at Hyemi who was suddenly shy.

“By the way, where are you heading?” He asked; talking to Hyemi. “They invited me to dinner. Is it, okay?” She shyly asked back. Jaejoong nodded his head.

“You should come with us too. I bet you’re also hungry. Come on.” Hannah said as she grabbed Kent and led the way. Jaejoong and Hyemi followed behind.

 

They got to their own table after grabbing food from the buffet. Hannah and Kent were surprised upon seeing Hyemi’s plate. On the other hand, Jaejoong didn’t react like that anymore. He remembered the day they ate outside. He, too, was surprised seeing her order many things.

“You don’t look like you eat a lot. I’m jealous.” Hannah said to her.

“It’s a lot of work. I easily gain weight but it’s also easy for me to lose it.” Hyemi replied.

They were already eating when they notice Hyemi was having a hard time eating her prawns.

“Use your hands. It’s much easier that way.” Jaejoong instructed.

“I know but my hands itch when it goes on contact with prawns. I’m allergic to it.” Hyemi explained.

“You’re allergic but you’re still eating it?” Jaejoong said in disbelief.

“It’s delicious and I can’t help it.” Hyemi said as she struggle peeling one.

“How do you eat it?” Jaejoong asked again.

“Usually, I ask my friends or my siblings to do it for me. But as much as possible, I do it myself using spoon and fork.” Hyemi replied. Jaejoong then took the prawns and started to peel the shells one by one.

“You don’t have to do it.” Hyemi said as she tries to stop him but Jaejoong just ignored her. “Just eat it. I’ll do it for you so that you won’t have a hard time.”

“Khamsamnida.” She shyly said. Kent and Hannah saw this and they smiled with each other. After eating, they munched on fruits as they exchange stories with each other.

 

It was already late when they head back to their villa.

“Good night. See you tomorrow. Don’t forget about our plans tomorrow, okay Hyemi?” Hannah said as she hugged Hyemi.

“Okay.” She replied.

“You should come too, Jaejoong. So that Hyemi have a partner and she doesn’t feel left out.” Hannah said as she faced Jaejoong.

“Okay. I will.” He replied as he nodded his head.

“Okay. See you tomorrow. Good night.” Hannah happily replied and went inside with Kent.

“What is your plan tomorrow?” Jaejoong asked as they got inside. Hyemi was then startled.

“Oh. Uhm… Hannah wants to try other activities that we haven’t done today.” Hyemi replied. “If you don’t want to come, it’s okay. I’ll just explain to them that you have work to do.”

“I will come.” Jaejoong replied which surprised her. Jaejoong then headed to the bathroom leaving Hyemi speechless.

 

“No. Stop. Please. No.” Hyemi suddenly uttered as she sleeps. “Go away! Go away! Appa! Eomma! Oppa! Help me. Anybody.”

Jaejoong woke up hearing her voice. He quickly went to the bed and woke her up. “Hyemi. Hyemi. Wake-up. You’re dreaming.”

Hyemi opened her eyes and hugged him as she starts to cry. Jaejoong was taken aback by her action but just let her. After a few second, she stopped crying and realized she was hugging Jaejoong. She loosened her grip and wiped her tears. “I’m sorry.” She uttered as she looks down. “I just had a nightmare.”

“It’s okay.” Jaejoong said as he went back to the couch.

 Hyemi lied back and tried to go back to sleep but she still can’t. The bed is too big for her and she’s afraid to have that dream again. She sat back and looked at Jaejoong’s way. She hesitated at first but then she called out his name. “Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong looked back upon hearing his name and sat as he looks at Hyemi. He was then waiting for her to say something. Hyemi was thinking twice.

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked. “Uhm… Can you? Can you sleep here? The bed is too big for me and I’m afraid I’ll be having that nightmare again.” She shyly asked as she looks down. She doesn’t want to see Jaejoong’s reaction.

“If it’s alright with you. But if not, then it’s okay.” She uttered again. She didn’t hear any reaction from him so she decided to lie back. She was then surprise as she felt Jaejoong getting on the bed. He placed a pillow between them and also laid back.

“Gomawo.” Hyemi smiled as she thank without facing him. “Mmm.” Jaejoong reacted back.

 

Finally!!! Good thing Jaejoong’s friends talked the hell out of him. Now that he realized his wrong doings, I hope he would give this marriage a shot. What do you think will happen tomorrow? Will he stroll around with them? Find out next chapter! ^^ Don’t forget to COMMENT and SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS and SUGGESTIONS.