Chapter 17

If you asked me to

 

“Yes, Unnie drive you all the way here because you were so wasted last night. She even assisted you here and took of your shoes. Tsk Tsk. That’s not a good thing to show to a lady.” Jieun reprimanded her older brother.

Jaejoong then remembered bits of what happened last night. He remembered when he went and trashed Tiffany’s celebration. “What did Hyemi say?”

“She said you got too happy last night with the celebration that’s why you drank too much.” Mrs. Kim replied. “You should thank Hyemi for being nice to you.”

“She lied for me. I wonder why she did that.”Jaejoong thought to himself.

“She even told me to make Chicken soup for you.” Jieun then handed the tray to him. “You should really thank her oppa.”

“Jieun’s right. You should take her out as a thank you. You should feel ashamed of what you did.” Mrs. Kim also agreed. Jaejoong, who was feeling hungry, ignored them and ate his soup.

“Yah Kim Jaejoong! Did you hear me?! If you won’t take Hyemi out, I would really get mad. And you know what happens when I’m mad.” Mrs. Kim scolded. This made Jaejoong nodded his head.

“Okay. Okay. I will take her out but not today. My head is killing me.” Mrs. Kim then smiled sweetly at him. “Okay son. Enjoy your food.” She said as she went out of his room.

“That’s what you get drunkard.” Jieun teased as she went out.

After being alone, Jaejoong recollected his thoughts. The pain in his heart was evident again and it really wounded him. Tiffany, the girl whom he loved for years, rejected him. This was the nightmare he doesn’t want to happen.

 

Hyemi was preparing her breakfast when she heard her doorbell rang. She looked through the monitor and saw her brother Donghae with Yoona and their daughter. She hurriedly went to the door and opened it.

“Auntie!!” Lauren and Dayoung screamed upon seeing her.

“My princesses.” Hyemi also said as she hugged them. “Annyeong oppa. Annyeong unnie. Annyeong baby Donghae.” She then rubbed Yoona’s belly which earned a giggle from the latter.

“Come on in. I just made breakfast for all of us.” They all went inside.

 

“So what are you doing that they have to sleep overnight here?” Donghae suddenly asked as they finished eating.

“We’re just going to hang-out and go somewhere, right girls?” She then winked at the two kids who were watching TV with Yoona. “Right!” They said as they giggled.

“Oh! So is it a secret?” Donghae asked his kids which just giggled at him. “Alright. I won’t ask anymore.”

He then faced Hyemi with a serious look. “Hyemi-ah. When will you go home? Eomma and appa are really worried about you?”

“Why are they worried? For God’s sake, I’m turning 25 next Sunday. Why are they still worried about me?” Hyemi retorted.

“You know eomma’s been feeling sad these past few days. They’re the only ones that have been entertaining her.” Donghae said as he gestured towards his children.

“I know oppa. Jiyeon told me.” Hyemi replied. “Then why aren’t you doing anything?” Donghae asked again.

“Oppa. Don’t you understand me? I don’t like what they’re doing; dictating me of who I want to marry. I thought you’ll understand me of all people. Because you also fought for unnie.” Hyemi recalled. Donghae was silent.

“I know. I know. I just hope you’ll go home and talk to them.” Donghae suddenly said.

“I will surely do that. Not just now.” Hyemi sadly replied. “Don’t let it reach your birthday for you won’t get gifts from them.” Donghae suddenly joked which made Hyemi laugh.

 

“Honey. We have to go now. We have to go meet the OB, remember?” Yoona reminded.

“Oh right!” He said as he stood up and went towards her daughters. “Be good okay? Appa and eomma will surely miss you. I might get cry at night.”

“Appa!” They both squealed at him. Yoona and Hyemi laughed at them. “Arasso. Arasso.” He then kissed them.

“Don’t give Aunt Hyemi a headache okay?” Yoona also said as she kissed the two girls. “Goodbye baby.” They both kissed their mother’s belly.

“Take Care unnie, oppa. They’re in good hands.” Hyemi then walked them out along with Dayoung and Lauren. “You two. Keep an eye if Auntie’s going to meet a boy, okay? Tell appa asap.” Donghae said to the two which nodded their head.

“Oppa!!” Hyemi shrieked. “Now. Now. We have to leave or else we’ll be late.” Yoona said. “Annyeong. Have Fun!”

 

“So what are we going to do today?” Hyemi said which made thrilled the girls. “We should eat out!” Dayoung happily screamed. “We should go to the park!!” Lauren also squealed.

“Okay. Okay. We’ll eat out and go to the park. Is that okay?” Hyemi asked while the girls nodded in agreement.

“We should ask uncle Jaejoong to come!” Dayoung brightly said which was what Lauren was also thinking. “Yes, Uncle Jaejoong should grant his promise to us!”

“Girls, Jaejoong-sshi is a very busy person. Besides, I think he can’t go with us right now. He might be doing something important.” Hyemi reasoned out. She knew Jaejoong’s not feeling well after last night.

“Just send her a text auntie. Please. Please.” Lauren and Dayoung begged which Hyemi found it hard to resist.

“You shouldn’t do that to me always. You know how you always make me say yes whenever you’re pleading something. Tsk. Tsk. Alright I’ll send him a message but don’t expect too much.” Hyemi then took out her phone and sent him a message. She was quite surprise when she realized she has his number.

 

To: Jaejoong

From: Hyemi

Annyeong. It’s me Hyemi. I hope you’re feeling well after last night. Did Jieun made a chicken soup for you? I hope it helped with your hangover. By the way, the kids and I are going to the zoo today. They asked if you can come along. They wanted you to fulfill their wish. I’m sorry if we disturbed you. I told them you were not feeling well. If you can’t, then it’s okay. Don’t feel burdened. I’ll explain it to them.

 

They then waited for him to message back.

 

What do you think would be Jae’s response? Will he go out with them? Find out next chapter!  ^^

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!