Chapter 39

If you asked me to

 

“We should retreat and let the cops continue the search.” Yunho suggested after it was already dark and it is hard to search.

“Yunho’s right. It’s more impossible the sun had already set.” Yoochun chided

“We can’t. The more we delay, the more it will get dangerous for her.” Jaejoong said with determination as he still looks for her.

“I thought you already called the cops!? Why aren’t they still here!?” Jaejoong scolded at Kwanghee; who, in turn, got surprised and scared. “I-I-I did. I mean. Nicole and Minji did.”

“Then why aren’t they here yet?!” He exclaimed again. “Let’s go back Jae and inform the police again.” Junsu also tried to calm him.

“You can head back. I’ll stay here and continue with the search. I can’t bear leaving her alone in this dangerous place.” Jaejoong strongly replied.

“I’m going to stay here too.” Siwon replied. “I’ll look for her.”

“Me too. I’m staying with hyung.” Changmin chided but Yunho grabbed him. “We need you more.”

In the end, Siwon and Jaejoong were the remaining ones to look for Hyemi. Changmin had no choice but to follow his hyung.

 

Jaejoong went further into the forest. Siwon left earlier but he still didn’t give up. Even though he doesn’t know his way around, he still tries his best to look for Hyemi.

“HYEMI!! IT’S ME JAEJOONG! ANSWER ME IF YOU HEAR ME!” Jaejoong yelled as he wanders around.

“HYEMI!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?? ANSWER ME!!” He screamed again. After a while, he was getting more and more troubled as the thought of Hyemi getting hurt crossed his mind. This time he looked up at the skies as if he’s praying to God.

“God. Please please don’t let Hyemi get hurt. I promise I’m going to be a good husband to her from now on. I will open myself to love her and I’ll forget about Tiffany. Just let me find her safe.”

Just then, he heard a voice. “JAEJOONG!!” He listened more and heard it was a familiar voice. It was then getting clearer.

“HYEMI!! WHERE ARE YOU??” Jaejoong yelled out. “JAEJOONG?? JAEJOONG!! WHERE ARE YOU??” Hyemi voiced out too. Jaejoong then ran where the voice is coming from; still calling out her name so as he would know where to go. Finally, after passing through a big tree, he caught a glimpse of her.

“Jaejoong!!” Hyemi said as she cries. Jaejoong ran towards her and gave her a tight hug. Hyemi was surprised but she still kept on crying.

“Sssshhh. I’m here. Thank God I finally saw you.” He said as he hugs on her tighter. “Don’t be afraid.” He said as he kissed her on her forehead. “Don’t make me worry like that okay? I don’t know what I would do if I’d lose you.”

Because of what he said, Hyemi got so overwhelmed that she cried harder. For a few more minutes, they stayed like that hugging each other until Hyemi stopped from sobbing.

“How did you lose Kwanghee? We were looking for you for hours.” Jaejoong finally said.

“To start with, I was never lost….” Hyemi replied which shocked and confused Jaejoong. “How come? Kwanghee said you were with him getting firewoods….”

 

*After leaving Jaejoong and Siwon

Kwanghee was perspiring a lot and was fidgety as they were heading back. “Don’t worry Kwanghee; it’s not your fault. We’ll find her.” Junsu tried to comfort him. Kwanghee just forced as smile.

“If you’re scared about what hyung reacted, don’t be. He’s just worried about her.” Changmin also said.

“You three should head back to the house; to see if Hyemi had returned or Minji and Nicole. Changmin and I will head to the nearest police station.” Junsu said as they were on a crossroad.

“No!” Kwanghee suddenly said. “Uhm. We should all head back and plan first.”

“But hyung said we have to alert the police.” Changmin replied confused.

“Kwanghee’s right. We should head home and find a way. As what Kwanghee said, the cops were already informed.” Yoochun remarked.

“I know your family has a map of the entire town. We can look for possible places where she can be.” Yunho also reasoned.

“You’re right hyung. Let’s go. Palli.” Changmin then ran towards the house. The others were then surprised upon seeing the look on his face upon entering the house. It was as if he’s seen a ghost.

“What’s wrong???” Junsu said and he, too, was surprised. “Hyemi??”

“Oh! Junsu oppa! What’s with the look? It’s like you saw a ghost or something.” Hyemi laughed after. Changmin rushed and held her in the shoulder. “It’s you!!! It’s really you!!” He gleefully said and was in tears.

“Of course it’s me. Why are you acting like this?” Hyemi snorted at his weird expression.

“How long have you been here? Are you okay?” Junsu also said in concern. Hyemi then got confused with them. Nicole and Minji were also puzzled with their behavior.

“It’s been a while. I was with Nicole and Minji. We bought foods for the bonfire Kwanghee and I planned. I was surprised when we came back and all of you weren’t here.” Hyemi replied as she looked and them. She noticed the different reactions between them. She then eyes Kwanghee; who is now sweating bullets. “What’s wrong? Where are Jaejoong and Siwon?”

“But… But… Kwanghee said… We just….” Changmin stuttered as he got bewildered with the turn of events.

“What did you do Kwanghee!?” Hyemi eyed her friend; who in turn, looked apologetic.

“So you mean to say, you’re with Minji and Nicole all day? You weren’t in the woods.” Junsu asked her again. Hyemi nodded her head. “What happened?? Why are you acing like this?? I’m getting scared.”

“I’m sorry!!” Kwanghee suddenly blurted out. “It wasn’t my idea. It was Yunho hyung and Yoochun hyung’s idea.”

“What did you do this time??” Minji voiced out. “Where are Siwon and Jaejoong?” Nicole also asked.

“They’re still in the forest looking for Hyemi.” Changmin replied. Hyemi was astonished and ran out of the house.

“Hyemi wait!!!” Nicole and Minji screamed out as they followed her. The others also did the same.

 

Upon heading back, Siwon saw Hyemi crossing him; in a hurry. “Hyemi?” He said. Hyemi didn’t see him at first but she finally took notice.

“Oppa, have you seen Jaejoong?” She asked in concern.

“He’s still there looking at you but…? How did you…? I thought…” Siwon was still at loss. Hyemi wasn’t paying attention; her thoughts were still with Jaejoong. “Oppa. Why did you leave him there? It’s dangerous for him.”

“I told him that but he said he won’t give up looking for you.” Siwon replied. With this, Hyemi ran; looking for Jaejoong.

“JAEJOONG! JAEJOONG! I’M HERE!! WHERE ARE YOU???” Hyemi screamed as she searches for him.

 

Meanwhile, Junsu asked Nicole and Minji as they were looking for the two also. “So you mean to say, Kwanghee was just fooling all of us???”

“I think you’re right.” Nicole answered. “That’s not a good prank Kwanghee. Don’t you know how much you’ve caused trouble!? You’ve made Jaejoong so worried.” Minji scolded Kwanghee.

“Mianhe. Those hyung just talked me into their plain. They said it would help Jaejoong and Hyemi get closer. I didn’t know it will end up like this.” Kwanghee said almost crying.  “I thought hyung wouldn’t do extreme ways to find her.”

“If something happened to the two of them, you’re going to pay for it.” Changmin taunted.

“Hyung! It’s not my fault really!” Kwanghee shrieked again.

“I’m sure this plan worked effectively. Looked at how Jae reacted.” Yoochun suddenly said.

“This made him clear out his feelings; their feelings for each other.” Yunho chided in.

“But I don’t think you have to go all out.” Nicole said back. “When it comes to Jaejoong, we have to. He’s so stubborn.” Yoochun said. “Well. You’re right hyung. I wonder if it would work up.” Changmin wondered.

“Have you seen them?” Siwon asked after emerging behind one of the trees. “Not yet.” Minji answered.

Just then they saw Hyemi and Jaejoong appear. “Omo!!” Minji and Nicole shrieked upon seeing them. They noticed Hyemi was leaping beside as Jaejoong was helping her.

“What happened to Hyemi?" Changmin answered as he was about to assist her but Siwon beat him into it. Jaejoong snickered and so was Changmin.

“I tripped over a rock as I was looking for Jaejoong.” Hyemi answered.

“Are you okay?” Siwon asked too.  Hyemi nodded in response.  

“Which brings me; Yunho, Yoochun and Kwanghee, I won’t let you get away with this.” Jaejoong retorted.

“Hyung. I’m very sorry. I thought this wouldn’t happen. This was their plan not mine.” Kwanghee pleaded. “Hyemi.”

“Let’s stop this and let’s just head back to the house.” Hyemi responded as she took another step but then she winced in pain.

“I’ll take you to the doctor.” Jaejoong said in concern.  “It’s okay. I’ll just put an ice on it.” Hyemi answered.

 “Anni! We should really let the doctor see it. It might be more serious that what it looks like.” Jaejoong remarked. “Come on.”

“I’m a doctor. I can look at it once we got back.” Siwon suddenly said.

“It’s really okay. Oppa’s right. He can just look at it. I really don’t like the feeling inside the hospital or clinic.” Hyemi answered.

“Okay. Okay. Let’s go back so you can rest.” Jaejoong held on Hyemi as he assisted her in walking back.

 

“You’ve sprained your ankle. Just wear this bandage and always have warm compress to it.” Siwon said after putting the bandage on Hyemi’s foot. “And as much as possible, don’t move too much.”

“I know. I know. I’ve sprained my ankles many times this is not new to me.” Hyemi smiled at Siwon.

“Just follow the doctor’s advice.” Jaejoong said.

“But let’s still continue with the bonfire. We’ve prepared so much. Please?” Hyemi smiled at Jaejoong as she begs. Jaejoong then smiled back. “Arasso. But don’t exert too much effort. I don’t want you to get hurt again. Let Minji and Nicole do the cooking.”

“But what can I do?” Hyemi asked.

“You can just stay close to me.” Jaejoong shyly smiled at her.

“Anni. I’ll just help them in slicing the ingredients.” Hyemi stood up from her seat and carefully leaped towards the kitchen.

“Be careful.” Jaejoong called out as he followed her.

 

“Omo! What’s with the sudden change of atmosphere, is it just me or are the two of them look sweeter?” Kwanghee asked Minji and Nicole.

“You’re right. They’re much different.” Minji answered.

“Maybe the prank did help them.” Nicole also answered as she studies the two.

“I told you it will work.” Yunho chattered proudly. “How about we got sweeter too, Minji?” Yoochun slid his arm on her shoulder.

“How about me, hyung?” Kwanghee suddenly laughingly uttered which startled Yoochun.

 

Yiii!! Finally!! What do you think happened between Hyemi and Jaejoong while they’re in the woods? Will this blossom into something? Find out soon! 

I'm really sorry if I upload new chapters late. I really have somuch stuff to do. I hope you understand. :)

, don’t forget to COMMENT and SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS and SUGGESTIONS. Khamsamnida! ^^ And also please VOTE UP my story. Just click on the arrow up beside the title. Thank you again.