Company?

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

「LUHAN'S P.O.V」

I hate being the nice guy. I never get what I want. As bratty as that sounds, it's true. I was up the next morning, laying in bed trying to sort out what happened last night. I confessed to Haneul, but her feelings for me aren't exactly mutual. I'm sure they're there, but they're not as prominent as her feelings for Sehun.

 

This .

 

I got out of bed. It was a Saturday and obviously, I have no friends. Work doesn't start until later so I'm stuck at home with nothing to do. I would go and bother Haneul but I don't want to come off as stalkerish or creepy. I sighed to myself and put my glasses on. I walked out my door and headed to the restroom to brush my teeth and all that morning preparation stuff. I headed out and walked down the stairs while stretching my arms and yawning. As soon as I opened my eyes, I heard another voice in the kitchen... It sounded familiar. Could it be...

 

It was my step dad who I haven't seen in a while due to his work elsewhere... and there was another voice. I've never heard of it before... At least I don't think so. I walked closer and closer and the kitchen was filled with laughter and when I stepped in, three heads turned around and directed their attention toward me. 

Awkward.

I smiled, bowed, and said hello.

"No need to be so formal, Luhan!" the unfamiliar, yet familiar voice said.

I apologized and as I got closer, I finally realized who was talking.

 

"Yo!" Lay got up and we did our complicated handshake that people were always astonished by.

"Hey! What are you guys doing here?!" I nearly yelled in excitement. I haven't seen these two in years and it was surprising to see how much Lay has grown... and how old my step dad has gotten.

Lay was my step brother, and he chose to live with my step dad because well, it was his dad. The last time I saw him was when I was still in middle school, so it was crazy how tall he's gotten and how deep his voice has gotten as well.

"We're here to visit!" Lay smiled, and I looked behind him and began to laugh at how deeply in love my parents were. Then I sighed wishing that the relationship my parents have was the relationship I could have with Haneul.

Anyway...

I refer to my step dad as my real dad because my biological father... I haven't seen him since I was young and he's never called me or asked for me since.

Lay... I refer to him as my brother because he's closer to me than my biological brothers. They left for college when I just started high school and it was hard for me to talk to them while they were away. However, together, we were one big happy family. I got along well with everyone, I just tended to lean more toward Lay, his father, and my mother. 

"What are you doing today?" Lay asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Uh, not much... Er, nothing actually" I laughed dryly, and he patted my back really hard. Lay was well built and a lot bigger than I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter