The Trip [3/5]

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「YOUR P.O.V」

"The first event will be a scavenger hunt!" the supervisor shouted over all the chatting pairs. Luhan was staring straightforward as I looked up at him. He looked so focused and concentrated, then I turned my head to look for Sehun. He was standing there, already looking at me.

"Creeper" I mouthed, and he stuck his tongue out.

"I can't help myself" he mouthed back, I started to giggle and Luhan looked down at me, wondering what I was giggling about. I smiled and he smiled back, redirecting his attention to the supervisor.

"I miss you" he mouthed when I looked at him again.

"I miss you too" I smiled, then caught Hyuna staring at me.

"Watch yourself, 'hunnybunch'" I smirked, then she rolled her eyes and clung onto Sehun.

This girl...

I looked at him and laughed because he was struggling to get out of her grip. Then the supervisor quit talking and I looked around at everyone who was already dispersing, getting their maps, and heading out into the woods. They took apart the barriers in order for this scavenger hunt to be a bit more exciting.

"Come on Haneul!" Luhan said as he dragged me over to the area where all the maps were spread out. "Choose one!"

I looked down and went to reach for a map, but as expected, Hyunslat came over and took it before I could. She looked at me, then at Sehun who was staring at her, then back at me and gave me a "gentle" smile.

"Good luck, neullie!" she nearly squealed, and I almost threw up.

Disgusting.

I nodded slightly and went to grab another map, then grabbed Luhan's arm tightly and began marching off.

"Ow..." Luhan whined as he started to rub the spot that I tightly held.

"I'm sorry" I apologized sincerely, feeling bad. "Are you going to be alright?"

"I'll manage" he smiled as I opened the map up.

"Do you know how to read maps..?" I said as I looked up from the map. Then I noticed how the sun complimented his light brown hair, pale complexion, and his long neck... I spaced out and kept staring at him, and spaced out for so long that I nearly ran into a tree. Good thing Luhan noticed and held my shoulder to prevent me from smashing my face.

"You should watch where you're going and be more careful, Haneul!" he lectured, and I couldn't help but to laugh. He was such a small little boy, yet he still continued to lecture me even though I could pummel him easy no problem. Which I wouldn't do, of course.

"Yes I know, I'm sorry oppa" I smiled and I could see his cheeks turning to a shade of pink.

 

 

What am I doing...

Am I leading him on? Maybe I should stop...

 

 

"You should try not to stare at my face too long too, or else you'll run into more trees" he smirked and I nearly stumbled over a large rock. He knew...

"Shut up" I mumbled as he started to laugh.

 

 

 

"Do we even have any idea where we're going?" I asked a few moments later.

"No, I don't think so.

 

 

But as long as I'm with you, I think I'll be fine."

「SEHUN'S P.O.V」

Good thing I knew how to read maps, this would be a piece of cake.

"Oppa, can I see the map?" Hyuna asked ever so "sweetly."

I threw the map into her hands and just kept walking forward.

"...What do you want with the map anyway..." I mumbled, loud enough for her to hear, and tried to hide the obvious annoyance in my voice. She looked up at me and smiled, shrugging and handing the map back to me. Uh, okay? I looked back down at the map, nothing changed. At least I don't think so, this girl was known for being mischievous and a sneaky liar. I would know from experience.

We continued to walk and I felt as if we had just walked in a circle. Maybe I didn't know how to read maps so well after all. Moments later, I hear a cracking noise and I look quickly to my right only to find Hyuna drenched in muddy water, suppressing her cries and rubbing her ankle. I looked at her and debated on whether I should help her or not.

 

I mean, that sounds messed up, right? But I fell really hard for her once and it did me no justice. She didn't really help me by picking me back up... metaphorically of course. And she just kind of threw me in another pit when she cheated on me.

 

 

But I guess I'm not that evil.

"Are you alright?" I asked a few seconds later. After I did, her eyes wouldn't stop shedding tears and her cries were so loud that I swear a wolf or two howled along with her.

"No..." she responded finally after getting a hold of herself.

"Can you walk?" she tried to stand up but fell back down. I sighed to myself because as much as I hated her, it made me feel bad that she injured herself so badly. I kneeled down as she climbed onto my back.

She wasn't fully dry and her wet clothes were soaking mine, but I was willing to do whatever it took for this whole thing to end as quickly as possible. At least she wasn't heavy... I guess. Suddenly, I felt a chin digging into my shoulder gently and staying there.

"Just like old times, huh?" she giggled, and I tried to keep a straight face even though she was unable to see me. I nodded and tried not to think of what we used to be.

As much as I hated Hyuna, she was technically the first girl I have ever fallen in love with.

 

 

Don't get me wrong, I would never go back to her after what she did to me.

But you never really forget your first love, right?

Yeah, so I'll always have, DEEP down inside, a soft spot for her.

Hyuna held the map out for me as I continued walking, we were almost there, but we were still pretty far. I sighed in my head and it was quiet for the longest time.

 

 

"I'm sorry" she said suddenly.

"For what?" I asked, I mean she didn't do anything wrong other than hurt me, my girlfriend, Saebom... okay she did a lot, but what was up with this sudden apology..?

"For everything" she sighed.

"Every--" I began, but she interrupted.

"For hurting you, cheating on you, hurting your girlfriend, hurting your friends, and basically making your life a living hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter